Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Motorman

Originally posted by Motorman
what is it that they produce??
This is the link for them http://www.team-titan.com.tw/
Old 06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes I believe we have the setup station and some of the bodies but the bodies aren't listed yet as we haven't tested any of them yet Call RD and ask. we have out own tool line so I don't think we have those check the products listing as it has expanded recently. we are adding new stuff all the time.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

fwo5r we are listening like I said. Inferior materials are being weeded out to newer materials but the same parts. even the 3 racing stuff is being reviewed. we like all the optuionm parts but are listening when people talk about material structure. some of our parts even though they look the same are speced different when it comes to materials. we are even evaluating a line of titanium parts in select areas for many of the cars. (ultralight bulkheads are an example. these are the areas where the screws are removed numerous times and we want our parts to live a long time and not strip.

Slot thanks for the link
Old 06-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use RD Logic pipes for all my cars (1/8, 1/10 touring, and 1/10 stadium truck.
The performance is great and the price is even better.
You could buy two RD Logics pipes for the price of other pipes.
What could beat that?
So far my pipes have held up nicely.
Nothing but the common scratches and dings on the bottom of the pipes.
I can't wait to try out the Turbo II for my 1/8.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The only thing that bugs me about the RD's are the angle of the header. When connected to the pipe, the pipe is at an angle towards the car. And when you straighten it and mount it to the pipe hanger, you get a gap at the header/pipe connection. I'll try and take a pic to show you guys. I thought it was maybe I got hit and the header bent, but it was like that with a new one I got to.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mckrooz
The only thing that bugs me about the RD's are the angle of the header. When connected to the pipe, the pipe is at an angle towards the car. And when you straighten it and mount it to the pipe hanger, you get a gap at the header/pipe connection. I'll try and take a pic to show you guys. I thought it was maybe I got hit and the header bent, but it was like that with a new one I got to.
I know what you're talking about.
The front of the pipe ends up at an angle towards the inside of the car.
I usually adjust my hanger to let the pipe ride like that, so I don't get that gap.
I think it's been said before, but I don't really like how the stinger is point slightly upwards.
Motorman said that they're taking everything we say into consideration.
I could live with those little things.
It beats spending almost $100 for another brand pipe.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

I could adjust the hanger but then the pipe gets awfully close to the pulley. I've had it rub on the pulley and destroy it. That awkward angle really chews up the gasket there and causes a leak.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

thats cool I respect everyone's opinions on different products I have no hard feelings towards RD I just prefer other pipes on the market
Old 06-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mckrooz
I could adjust the hanger but then the pipe gets awfully close to the pulley. I've had it rub on the pulley and destroy it. That awkward angle really chews up the gasket there and causes a leak.
On my Impulse, it was right next to the pulley.
It was probably like an 1/8" from it.
I don't have that problem with my 710.
Does your header come close to your pulley on the 2 speed shaft?
That's a problem I've had with both my cars.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Irony strikes

So I was reading this thread the other day and realized I had not used my new Turbo II on the pavement yet, so last night I got the car out and fired it up. Great pipe by the way. Lots of great torque right off the bat.

Here comes the ironic part. I managed to get into some dusty asphalt and the car just drifted wildly sideways into a parking block. Needless to say the parking lot took care of the stinger sticking out. Still, I don't think that it had anything to do with the materials or design. Yes, the walls of RDL pipes are pretty thin, but with good reason. These pipes are made for race cars, not monster trucks. They were not meant to be run into, drug along the pavement or hurled into parking blocks. They were made to be lightweight and make horsepower and they do.

I'm sticking with RDL's.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Irony strikes

Originally posted by TerraX
So I was reading this thread the other day and realized I had not used my new Turbo II on the pavement yet, so last night I got the car out and fired it up. Great pipe by the way. Lots of great torque right off the bat.

Here comes the ironic part. I managed to get into some dusty asphalt and the car just drifted wildly sideways into a parking block. Needless to say the parking lot took care of the stinger sticking out. Still, I don't think that it had anything to do with the materials or design. Yes, the walls of RDL pipes are pretty thin, but with good reason. These pipes are made for race cars, not monster trucks. They were not meant to be run into, drug along the pavement or hurled into parking blocks. They were made to be lightweight and make horsepower and they do.

I'm sticking with RDL's.
I think any pipe would get dented if it got hit on the stinger.
I had a Paris Turbo Ring pipe and a Nova Mega that looked nasty after it took a shot on the stinger.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by PSI Racing
On my Impulse, it was right next to the pulley.
It was probably like an 1/8" from it.
I don't have that problem with my 710.
Does your header come close to your pulley on the 2 speed shaft?
That's a problem I've had with both my cars.
No, it clears the 2 speed pulley fine. But the header is pretty close to the belt. There's not much clearance under the header.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If I was to order a new 1/8 on road pipe would it be the new tuboII pipe?
Old 06-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, the front of the RD Turbo II does sit in close to the front pulley on the MTX-3 but I don't mind that - helps keep the stinger out of the way of errant traffic. We also cut the stinger down to the legal limit of 10mm.
I'm a bit surprised, here. I presumed I was the only one with a stinger pointing slightly upwards.

I recently bought a pipe that "looks" very similar to the RD one - just out of curiosity, and no, I'm not expecting the same performance.
The point is that the manufacturing was spot on in terms of fit and orientation of the parts. This one was only US$35 and made in Taiwan, as is the RD one.
I'm not fussed about where they're made, but maybe RD's manufacturer could look at some improvement.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

You can get them now at www.microrcshop.com
Click here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.