Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want my RS4 running :'( help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I want my RS4 running :'( help

I have a problem with the front suspension . The ball of the dog bone wont fit Im really new at this please Help Im following this manual . theres pics below I really want to run this car already please help
Attached Thumbnails I want my RS4 running :'( help-kn3_16.jpg   I want my RS4 running :'( help-snapshot-8-.jpg   I want my RS4 running :'( help-snapshot-9-.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's been awhile since I remember mine, but are you possibly mixing up the dogbone that connects front and rear gearboxes with the one that's supposed to drive the wheels?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperNova
I have a problem with the front suspension . The ball of the dog bone wont fit Im really new at this please Help Im following this manual . theres pics below I really want to run this car already please help
Do you have the right parts?

Are you trying to connect the center drive shaft to the gear housing?

is the bone too long or too short?

Is it the right part?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Do you have the right parts?

Are you trying to connect the center drive shaft to the gear housing?

is the bone too long or too short?

Is it the right part?
I think its the right part . its the right length it fits the rear it just wont fit the front
Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken the picture is a 1:1 relationship with with the part. Lay it on top of the picture and see if it is the same lenghth. Like someone said, you may be using confussing the transmission dogbone with the wheel dogbone.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kyo83
If I'm not mistaken the picture is a 1:1 relationship with with the part. Lay it on top of the picture and see if it is the same lenghth. Like someone said, you may be using confussing the transmission dogbone with the wheel dogbone.
I checked , the ones from the wheels are smaller
Old 09-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can you give the length of the dog bone in mm? for that one it should be 60mm and the one in the rear will be 52 mm. All the dog bones to the wheels will be 52 mm as well.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bgrick
Can you give the length of the dog bone in mm? for that one it should be 60mm and the one in the rear will be 52 mm. All the dog bones to the wheels will be 52 mm as well.
how do I find out the exact length ?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Can the car run with out it ?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

From what I can tell looking at the parts list, the rear drive shaft and all four half shafts (going out to the wheels) are the same. But the front one is longer. If the one you are trying to use is the same length as all the others, it's the wrong part.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
From what I can tell looking at the parts list, the rear drive shaft and all four half shafts (going out to the wheels) are the same. But the front one is longer. If the one you are trying to use is the same length as all the others, it's the wrong part.
Its Actually Longer . It Just wont fit . I was wondering if the car can run without it because thats the only part I need to put in . Everything else is done
Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Its Actually Longer . It Just wont fit . I was wondering if the car can run without it because thats the only part I need to put in . Everything else is done
Yeah it will just only be 2wd so it wont drive very well. Something is definitely wrong. It sounds like you have the right driveshaft so maybe the drive cup in the front diff is wrong.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yeah it will just only be 2wd so it wont drive very well. Something is definitely wrong. It sounds like you have the right driveshaft so maybe the drive cup in the front diff is wrong.
Can it Be changed?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you may want to take the rear diff assembly out and see if that dog bone fits in then just swap the diff assemblys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.