Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation HELP !!!

while i was playing my hobao hyper gpx4 the engine suddenly stall and when i try to restart , the pull starter becomes so hard (super Hard) but the engine is not even over-heated.

Is it posible that no fuel is entering the engine causing less lubricant in the engine which makes the pull starter hard?

NEED HELP ASAP
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Post One more question

how do i know that my gpx4 shifts gear - i can't identify
Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

See if you can rotate the flywheel using your finger. It's possible that the pullstart broke.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
See if you can rotate the flywheel using your finger. It's possible that the pullstart broke.
what for rotate the flywheel ( flywheel able to rotate )
after the restart today the pull starter seems softer as usual ,but i just discovered that there is a crack on my fuel tube causing it harder than ever to prime the engine. I taped it with some tape ,might have solve the problem.
Now , how do i tune my engine (STARTED PLAYING 1 WEEK AGO)

Even when u full trotle , the engine seems to spray out fuel and comes out extremely lot of smoke , the car hardly moves. Sometimes the engine starts but after idling for 4~5 seconds it shuts off , is it the gear causing the problems?

Last edited by David_C; 09-06-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default fuel tubing

get some new fuel tubing and change it if its not shifting gears most likely you need to lean the fuel mixing screw turning it clockwise in but do it gradually you should get a temp guage to not run the engine to hot usually 250 f.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
get some new fuel tubing and change it if its not shifting gears most likely you need to lean the fuel mixing screw turning it clockwise in but do it gradually you should get a temp guage to not run the engine to hot usually 250 f.
Thanks ! the engine seems better,but the engine is hard 2 start (primed) and when it successfully start it slowly drops the rpm and eventually flames-out
Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

could it be a too rich engine thats flooding?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default adjusting idle

Originally Posted by David_C
Thanks ! the engine seems better,but the engine is hard 2 start (primed) and when it successfully start it slowly drops the rpm and eventually flames-out
two things it could be or both , the idle adjustment screw needs to be screwed in some to get it to stay running thats the screw near the base of the carb where it goes into the motor. once you get it to idle rev it up some to clear out the fuel then when it drops back to an idle pinch the fuel line and count one one thousands and the motor should lean out or shut off at about 3 to 4 seconds if its longer you need to lean the bottom fuel mixture screw that is in the slide part of the carb. If the motor revs before 3 seconds you need to richen the bottom, that is base set up try it should be close and if you can also find some one thast can show you because most of us learn by seeing it done hope that helps
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

It is very possible that the engine is not fully broken in yet and still pretty tight when at TDC (Top dead center). I don't know if you've previously broken in the engine or not. It may need a little pre heat on it to get going.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
two things it could be or both , the idle adjustment screw needs to be screwed in some to get it to stay running thats the screw near the base of the carb where it goes into the motor. once you get it to idle rev it up some to clear out the fuel then when it drops back to an idle pinch the fuel line and count one one thousands and the motor should lean out or shut off at about 3 to 4 seconds if its longer you need to lean the bottom fuel mixture screw that is in the slide part of the carb. If the motor revs before 3 seconds you need to richen the bottom, that is base set up try it should be close and if you can also find some one thast can show you because most of us learn by seeing it done hope that helps
Where is the idle needle??? Im a noob , i admit...but WHERES THE NEEDLE?!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Post RE :Flooding issue

How do i fix the flooding issue? clock-wising the HSN ?already tried not working...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by David_C
How do i fix the flooding issue? clock-wising the HSN ?already tried not working...

check ur manually for idle needle..

flooding issue-

if its flooded take the glow plug out, cover engine witha rag and pull the pull start( u should see fuel soak up rag) and just pump in less fuel on next start up
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Remove the Glow Plug & see if it frees up. If it doesnt, couple of drops of ARO or fuel, in the GP hole. Then se if it crank easily. If it cranks easily reinstall the GP and start normally.

I its a new Hoboa it hasn't broken in completely, just has a tight pinch. Give it a gallon of fuel to crank easily.

Last edited by Geezatec; 09-13-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bxclip
check ur manually for idle needle..

flooding issue-

if its flooded take the glow plug out, cover engine witha rag and pull the pull start( u should see fuel soak up rag) and just pump in less fuel on next start up
+1 on checking manual. If you miss placed yours, here it is for you.

http://www.hobao-racing.com/download...ion_Manual.pdf