Wiki Posts
Search

GTP2********

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default GTP2********

got my my new GTP2 yesterday it was display model that I picked up on ebay,well right off the bat .....a bad throtle servo but rtr gear is never the greatest..replaced that last nite,I did the body vents this morning .....so off to start break in..let ya know how it goes,is it just me or are the shocks pretty soft ? I guess I'll see more if I just get out and run it ....lol...
Old 08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

well 2 tanks in all is good, starts on the first pull every time. idles perfect and the temp is at about 150 ish hoping I can get to opening it up abit this evening.....it's so much different handling wise compaired to my buggy with street tires.I am so much happier with this than my PBS buggy.....
Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the gtp2 is a great handling car and very durable,i have one and i love it,good luck with urs
Old 08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

wow...this thing is a kick...!!!!..I been leanin it it out and still haven't got a temp of 200 yet.7 tanks in and I had the rear diff cup come loose so I gotta see if thats it or there is more damage.but all in all ....I realy dig this thing..!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet keep us posted on this car
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

well the the rear diff is blown, ya know I heard a noise from the car under heavy breaking.I thought that it might be the pads being new the noise not there under easy breaking only when heavy on the triger.I allways do the fuel line on the linkage but this time I didn't and now I gotta pay the piper....this thing takes alot to slow it down I guess.I am still very pleased with the car even though I have encountered some problems I still feel this is an awsome car..!!!..the size alone seems to make it easier to drive as you can see it.!!!its big..!!!the PF8 body came yesterday so I can work on that till the diff gears get here....
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rtr or race roller i tear the car down to check everything is ok and for the brakes double check to see they locking and the car could be sliding... i use the losi 8t 2.0 updated disk, the material they use if fuel spill on them it won't cause brake fade...but post some pics up if you can
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

when i had mine i had a double disc setup,front and rear like a buggy.(kukurace can confirm i sold him mine)
also i recomend the hardened f/r diff/ring gear,dont care how well you shim it it will still strip,the pinion gear is already hardened.
as far as the shocks i had 2k up front and 1k at the rear,yes 2000k and 1000k.
also dump the stock tires and get some ofna foams or ipanema radials.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by helivaguy
when i had mine i had a double disc setup,front and rear like a buggy.(kukurace can confirm i sold him mine)
also i recomend the hardened f/r diff/ring gear,dont care how well you shim it it will still strip,the pinion gear is already hardened.
as far as the shocks i had 2k up front and 1k at the rear,yes 2000k and 1000k.
also dump the stock tires and get some ofna foams or ipanema radials.
can you tell me where a guy could get those hardended gears and brake set up..?? I just orderded a complete diff to just drop in but I would like to build one with the hardended gears out of the old one...and thanks for the info...
Old 08-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

the gear..
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBZD2&P=SM
for the dual brake just find a complete setup from the ofna lx,you can find a new complete setup on ebay #310234180176,310234180511.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

well I found the brake set its very similar to my ho bao pbs buggy. and it does fit with the 2 speed correct.??..the one I found is out of an LXone buggy.that gives you front and rear on the center drives.it also needs the LX one linkage?..I got the diff repared and will install it after work this evening.I want to run it again tomorrow.....! I saw the fear in my neighbors eye when he saw the power its got his .32 powered violator will no longer violate me....lol...I smell a woopin a commin...
Old 08-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetfreek
.... I saw the fear in my neighbors eye when he saw the power its got his .32 powered violator will no longer violate me....lol...I smell a woopin a commin...
Go get em TIGER
Old 08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetfreek
well the the rear diff is blown, ya know I heard a noise from the car under heavy breaking.I thought that it might be the pads being new the noise not there under easy breaking only when heavy on the triger.I allways do the fuel line on the linkage but this time I didn't and now I gotta pay the piper....this thing takes alot to slow it down I guess.I am still very pleased with the car even though I have encountered some problems I still feel this is an awsome car..!!!..the size alone seems to make it easier to drive as you can see it.!!!its big..!!!the PF8 body came yesterday so I can work on that till the diff gears get here....
Make sure you set your 2 speed to shift early, about 20 ft or so at full throttle. If it shifts too late, your engine will be in the meat of it's power band and just getting on the pipe. The torque will tear up the ring gear and the damage will show under braking. The upgraded gear last 10 times longer than stock. If you drift the car on hot pavement, everything will be going fine until the tires heat up and when they do, the extra traction will put a ton of strain on the 2 speed gears and the rings.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crazysavage
Make sure you set your 2 speed to shift early, about 20 ft or so at full throttle. If it shifts too late, your engine will be in the meat of it's power band and just getting on the pipe. The torque will tear up the ring gear and the damage will show under braking. The upgraded gear last 10 times longer than stock. If you drift the car on hot pavement, everything will be going fine until the tires heat up and when they do, the extra traction will put a ton of strain on the 2 speed gears and the rings.
wow you hit this right on the head ...!!! ...I was just starting hop on the gas a little bit after the break in. and it was fine with the little noise when on the brake hard,then I was feeling confident in the mill and was mildly on the gas and drifting the corners for a bit and thats when it let go ....in a drift when it was pretty warm so the road was hot.as far as the shift point I did notice that it did not shift to second or was in second to fast after I started leaning it out is this normal .I guess I'll check the book and see how to adjust it.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

ok I ran the car some today..!!!...got it tuned up pretty fair ,and ran some pretty fast hot laps long oval asphalt man what a kick !!!! but it seems like its always in second gear it just doesn't shift any more now that I tuuned it . should I try to adjust it to shift later and see if it shifts ???? I'm new to this thing so I wan't to do it right the first time can you help me out guys...???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.