Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has the Vector had its day?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Has the Vector had its day?

are any of you guys still using a vector v-spec ? are you finding that its still competitive or are the newer chassis (MRX/950R ect) quicker and easier to drive ?
Old 06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Has the Vector had its day?

Originally posted by mskart125
are any of you guys still using a vector v-spec ? are you finding that its still competitive or are the newer chassis (MRX/950R ect) quicker and easier to drive ?
I'm still running my Veteq.
I don't feel that you have to have the latest car to be fast.
It's like every year there's a new car that comes out, and people all want the latest and greates thing.
I was running my Impulse Pro for several years until the 710 came out.
I'll be running my Veteq till Serpent comes out with a new 1/8.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I agree with PSI Racing. In '92 I had my latest BMT '92 Austin stole at the start of the year. I switched back and ran my '89 BMT and still won the championship in a dominant way against all the newest cars that were available.

Having the newest car doesnt mean anything other than more money spent that would be better spent on something else or a show of who has the deepest pocket.

I personally laugh at the guy with the big wallet who splashes out on the latest set of screws to take an ounce of weight off the car especially when they are barely making the A-Main for the effort.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
I agree with PSI Racing. In '92 I had my latest BMT '92 Austin stole at the start of the year. I switched back and ran my '89 BMT and still won the championship in a dominant way against all the newest cars that were available.

Having the newest car doesnt mean anything other than more money spent that would be better spent on something else or a show of who has the deepest pocket.

I personally laugh at the guy with the big wallet who splashes out on the latest set of screws to take an ounce of weight off the car especially when they are barely making the A-Main for the effort.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thats cool guys, its a ex team car in v-good nick, I always find it easy to set-up and work on and also handles quite nicely, but as usual I keep feeling that the latest car is going to be a quantum leap forward. I'm glad you guys don't think so. Hope that Serpent keep supply of spares for s few years yet
Old 06-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Did you guys know that there are a group of ppl running the HPI PROCEED (Ted Hammer is the lead guy) at the Mid West Series along with the mfr DELTA for tech support and they are very competable with the latest MRX3 and 950R.....

The latest technology in RC are improving bit by bit, but I don't see a 3 years old RC car are completely NO MATCH with the latest RC.......

I still have my Impulse PRO that I can still get to the A along with those NTC3, MTX3 or S710.....may not have 32 different roll center setting front and rear like S710, or with a 38 pages setup manual comes with it.........but still, fast enough to get to the A-main...
Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

glad to hear that mate, I've also got a impulse pro a find it's still up their but I thought that the 1/8th cars might be a little different because they have so much more power
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can try to look at Mugen MRX3 and MRX4...I don't own the car so I should not have to say antyhing, but overall, the MRX4 just made some update and then called a new car.....

I am sure there are SOME changes and update........but does the 2004 model will blow away the 2003 model? Hardly.....

I am sure 2004 vs 1994....that is much easier to compare.