Wiki Posts
Search

driving with oneway

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default driving with oneway

hi guys,

I just install back my oneway unit in my car, and plan to using it.. Before I hit the track, I would like to hear and learn fom you guys about driving with oneway, is it realy true we can't use brakes? because I've seen some racer out there using oneway in a small technical track. So any input, tip and tricks will be much appreciated..

Thanks
Old 06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: driving with oneway

Originally posted by goodspeed
hi guys,

I just install back my oneway unit in my car, and plan to using it.. Before I hit the track, I would like to hear and learn fom you guys about driving with oneway, is it realy true we can't use brakes? because I've seen some racer out there using oneway in a small technical track. So any input, tip and tricks will be much appreciated..

Thanks
you have plenty of brakes with the oneway just make sure that you have the set up correctly(droop,ride height etc)
Old 06-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default which way?

If your not useto a one way the best way to learn is to practice (by your self) with out useing brakes at all! Not only will this help you get useto the one way it will also make you a better driver! I'm sure some one will disagree with this method but I have proved it works many times even with cars that don't have oneways in them.Good luck and I hope this helps you!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: which way?

Originally posted by HELLION
If your not useto a one way the best way to learn is to practice (by your self) with out useing brakes at all! Not only will this help you get useto the one way it will also make you a better driver! I'm sure some one will disagree with this method but I have proved it works many times even with cars that don't have oneways in them.Good luck and I hope this helps you!
I totally agree. One way requires a different style of driving that involves little or less brakes. Also more aggressive style. Not really suited to twisty tracks although it can work if the car is set up properly.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you do use brakes, it is easiest to do so when you are going in a straight line. You have a less chance of problems.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I set the brakes light and add a bit more toe-in for the rear (and maybe softer springs.) With a one way, I have much more steering anyways so I just basically coast through the turns and use the throttle.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:59 AM

Using a bit of drag brake will help too.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you have an EPA adujustment on your radio use it so that when you are on full brakes on the transmitter it is just enough to slow down the car and not make it spin out.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: which way?

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
I totally agree. One way requires a different style of driving that involves little or less brakes. Also more aggressive style. Not really suited to twisty tracks although it can work if the car is set up properly.
I agree also. Driving with one requires much less braking and at times, you may need to dial some out. Too much will have you fish tailing or doing a 360. Remember with a oneway when you hit the brakes, the front tires will keep spinning while the rear does all the stopping. You will actually become a faster and better driving with one as they do provide better acceleration and allow you to travel at a higher cornering speed. Like Pal said they don't do too much on a smaller more technical track.