R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #31
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN View Post
For whats its worth i have ran both and 14mm crank gives more bottom end and i will explain why . The smaller the hole will force the fuel through faster getting up the crankcase faster therefore making power faster . The 14.5 will allow more fuel to go through but slower because less pressure therefore giving more midrange and top end . example : take a garden hose with no nozzle and turn on water , alot of water comes out but not to fast , then block off some of the water with your thumb and see how fast the water comes out , not alot but faster . I believe this is what is happening in my opinion .

Richard Siriano
Brooklyn Hobbies

p.s. why does a 7.5 restrictor give more bottom end than a 9mm ? answer: it gets the air in faster just like the garden hose theory . this i have proved year after year. just my 2 cents no change needed . lol
that is only the case on how fast the crank opens and closes that timming is what makes the crank case fill fast and how much pressure. as for using the water hose it allready has pressure from the city just my 2 cent
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi

Last edited by captian; 08-19-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: add
captian is offline   Reply With Quote