Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JR R-1 antenna... need help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default JR R-1 antenna... need help please

hello and a pleasant day to everyone. my radio is a JR R-1 and recently i broke its antenna due to my clumsiness... its a screw in type antenna and there's a part that can be ordered for it. but im in the philippines and JR parts like this are very scarce and if ever available will be very expensive..

so my question is, specially for those who owns the same radio is that can i replace it with ordinary antenna like those used on T.V.s or cassete radios? if you have also experienced this and happen to replace it with an antenna can you please tell me what kind of antenna you used?

this is my only radio and i really treasure it, but budget cannot permit me to buy through the internet so please help is really needed..

thank you very much and God bless us all...
Old 06-14-2004, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: JR R-1 antenna... need help please

Originally posted by RK concept
hello and a pleasant day to everyone. my radio is a JR R-1 and recently i broke its antenna due to my clumsiness... its a screw in type antenna and there's a part that can be ordered for it. but im in the philippines and JR parts like this are very scarce and if ever available will be very expensive..

so my question is, specially for those who owns the same radio is that can i replace it with ordinary antenna like those used on T.V.s or cassete radios? if you have also experienced this and happen to replace it with an antenna can you please tell me what kind of antenna you used?

this is my only radio and i really treasure it, but budget cannot permit me to buy through the internet so please help is really needed..

thank you very much and God bless us all...
i have the jr-1 also , the only thing i can think of is to check out a electronics store,like radio shack,good luck
Old 06-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Please send me an e-mail with your shipping address and I would be happy to send one to you via air mail.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey RK once you get the copper fitting out of the the radio antena just cut it away from its housing, then place it on the old piece of the original antena. I'm hopping that its only broken in one joint if thats the case the extention will be one joint less but will work normal. Crimp the copper fitting to the base of antenna and screw it back in and whalla off you go untill you get the funds to get a new one... It's all about makeing it happen.....