Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Integy Team AUTOTRUECUT >

Integy Team AUTOTRUECUT

Integy Team AUTOTRUECUT

Old 06-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Integy Team AUTOTRUECUT

I'd like to get some feed back from anyone who owns or has used the Integy Team AUTOTRUECUT tire truer. I'm debating between this unit and the Hudy Excellent model. The Integy is $190 and the Hudy is $430. Is there really that much difference in performance?

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Q
Tech Apprentice

I would also like to know. i'm looking at the ofna but the integy looks nice. its hard to beat that price especially when it comes with a case..
Old 06-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I strongly recommend you look into the Hudy, yes it is expensive, but remember, you buy it, buy it right the first time. I Don't see to many 1/8 scale onroad guys unhappy with the hudy truer.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Integy is a very good value and has many nice features but is lacking a bit of power. I've tried it out and it just doesn't have the torque to take a good cut even with the Hudy carbide bit.
For the money, it's hard to beat and is built very solidly.
I tried to see if the OFNA motor could fit in it but there's no room.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

If you are lacking in power, try a Rivergate 30A power supply. I borrowed one from my friend and it sure made a big difference.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Does it work well for sedan tires? I only race nitro sedan and it's kind of a pain to drag my Hudy truer to the track when I'm just racing parking lot races with all the eletric stuff I have to bring also.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Q
I would also like to know. i'm looking at the ofna but the integy looks nice. its hard to beat that price especially when it comes with a case..
Well, "Q" from the lack of response it doesn't look like too many people have this model. For the price I think I'll have to try one myself.

How do you like your MTX-3?
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Q
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Lano
Well, "Q" from the lack of response it doesn't look like too many people have this model. For the price I think I'll have to try one myself.

How do you like your MTX-3?
yes i agree it doesn't seem to be to popular. i not sure what i'm going to do. i think i might just get the cheaper hudy it seems like a safe bet. it might not be automatic but still a solid truer.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=2067

and i love my mtx-3. very solid car especially after the ntc3 it drove great straight out of the box and have not had any problems since
Old 06-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Q
yes i agree it doesn't seem to be to popular. i not sure what i'm going to do. i think i might just get the cheaper hudy it seems like a safe bet. it might not be automatic but still a solid truer.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=2067

and i love my mtx-3. very solid car especially after the ntc3 it drove great straight out of the box and have not had any problems since
I'm in the maket for a new TC and the Mugen is on my short list. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by fraz
If you are lacking in power, try a Rivergate 30A power supply. I borrowed one from my friend and it sure made a big difference.
The funny thing is, I was running it off my Rivergate 30 amp supply

It still has nowhere near the power to cut like the OFNA or the HUDY. with 37 rears it was no problem but try cutting some 40 fronts and see what you get. I can't imagine what would hppen with 42's.
It doesn't stall or anything, it just doesn't have the same torque as the others to make a nice clean cut.