R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   GQ Racing Tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/422230-gq-racing-tires.html)

TM America 08-02-2010 12:03 PM

GQ Racing Tires

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone,

Here are the pictures of GQ Racing Tires 1/10th Nitro Sedan, 1/8th Scale, and 1/8th Super GT Rubber and Foam Tires.

GQ Tires have been manufacturing their own foam and rubber donuts for over 20 years. They have been a plastics company for over 30 years. Their rims are made from the most advanced and most expensive highest quality plactics. These rims will not warp and crack. GQ Racing Tires uses the most advance robotics in the RC Market for gluing and truing their tires.

Highest quality Ultra Traction light weight racing tires that are cello wrapped for freshness is what GQ racing Tires are known for worldwide.

PM With Questions.

TM America 08-02-2010 12:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures for the 1/8th Super GT Rubber and Foam Tires. The rubber tires are belted. I know the picture is a bit hard to see. I will take more pictures later. The rubber tires are 40 shore. Foam tires are 35 shore and 40 shore.

TM America 08-02-2010 01:32 PM

About GQ:

1.) 20 years of "consistently" processing their own high quality foam rubber donuts. These ultra traction foam tires are long lasting and hand inspected for quality and perfection. ALL GQ tires are cello wrapped for freshness!

2.) GQ has been in the plastic and rubber industry for over 30 years. Worldwide GQ is regarded as experts in these fields. GQ produces their own rims. These rims are made from the most advanced and most costly materials. GQ rims will no warp and not crack like many other rims. GQ's long lasting foam and rubber tires are mounted on high quality longer lasting rims!!!:nod:

3.) The final step in production, which can be considered the most important, is the gluing and truing of tires. GQ has developed the most advanced robotic system found in the RC Market. This step has a lot to do with no chunking under normal use and sometimes in abnormal use!!!:D This step also contributes to the long lasting use life of GQ Tires. As mentioned earlier, GQ hand inspects tires throughout the production to insure perfection and performance.

Top racers throughout the US interested in sponsorship please PM me.

Have Fun and Good Racing to All!

nitrobeast 08-03-2010 04:35 AM

GQ Tires

Just got in my first order of GQ tires and I gotta say I'm very impressed with them. :nod: They come sealed and you can feel the freshness of the foam. This is also good for the sets you don't use up during the season and have to store them for a while.
Looking forward to running them this weekend :tire::tire:

TM America 08-04-2010 03:32 PM

This message got lost when we had to renew our GQ thread. This is from Gene Hudgins, one of our sponsored drivers from Virginia.

Hey Sam,

Just wanted to let you know I have 2 Podium finishes for GQ tire in 1/10 scale at the
club level. First finish was 2nd in the Amain and the second time out was 1st place in
the Amain. Great tire wear as usual, 4mm with a 20 min run on the rears and about 2.5 to
3 mm on the front, also running an mtx4, the tires were 40 shore front and 42 shore rear.

Obviously the results we like to hear about GQ Racing Tires. Remember: If you use GQ Tires we both win!!:nod:

TM America 08-06-2010 03:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I thank all of you that have sent me a PM asking about our tires. We are pretty new to the US. Previously there was trouble in getting tires to the racers. I am a racer and have been one for 25 years and know how that feels. So those problems are gone.

Some questions were excellent and I wanted to share them on here.
Why is the traction different in tires. The main reason would be the quality of the foam and that means how it is made and the quantity of rubber content versus other materials that are basically plastic. Cheaper and lighter for the latter. GQ most obviously believes in making the highest quality donut and you will find more rubber content with foam. More expensive, although prices are still mid to high mid which is good, but the main reason is better traction and longer lasting.

Value is not in the initial price. If you pay $10.00 per pair for tires and they last lets say 2 heats. Now if you a tire at $13.00 per pair, you paid more up front. But lets say this tire last for 3 heats. This means the $10.00 pair actually cost $15.00 to get in 3 heats. The $13.00 per pair got 3 heats and saved you money. Value is not up front but how long the tire last and how good the traction was during your runs.

Rim weight. Yes you can make a rim lighter without making the plastic thinner to gain the result. GQ has been in the plastic field for 30 years and they use the most advanced and most costly materials to make their rims lighter and strong. Trust me you do not wish to try to break these rims!!!! :nod:

Results on the track for GQ.
As I mentioned GQ does not buy drivers prior or at the track for large events. Winners are winners and that would prove nothing. Our results are at the local clubs, tracks, and regional events. Racers like you! We are not known here in the states as well as other countries like China, Spain, Brazil, Taiwan. and more. Because many of the racers here in the US are smart enough to try GQ tires and then found these GQ Tires can make you go faster and win, we will some day fill the GQ Racing Results page on their website with USA racers!!!

I have some results to give you an idea that at large European and other countries events GQ does very well thank you!!!:spidey:

g-wan 08-06-2010 05:54 PM

GQ tyre

well this tyre is very nice i ever use,i do admit it the best tyre and shore for qualifing heat and final,i run both 1/10 and 1/8 using this tyre..last few years im using grp but this tyre is same as kawahara,even u run till the tyre wornout,but u still manage to steer your car well..:sneaky:great tyre for very great price...

VA_Racer 08-06-2010 05:57 PM

I ran a set of rears all the way down to the plastic and had plenty of grip till it started rolling over on the rim. Only then it was hard to keep the rearend under the car.

impalabob64 08-07-2010 09:20 AM

I agree with you BUT

Originally Posted by TM America (Post 7771082)
I thank all of you that have sent me a PM asking about our tires. We are pretty new to the US. Previously there was trouble in getting tires to the racers. I am a racer and have been one for 25 years and know how that feels. So those problems are gone.

Some questions were excellent and I wanted to share them on here.
Why is the traction different in tires. The main reason would be the quality of the foam and that means how it is made and the quantity of rubber content versus other materials that are basically plastic. Cheaper and lighter for the latter. GQ most obviously believes in making the highest quality donut and you will find more rubber content with foam. More expensive, although prices are still mid to high mid which is good, but the main reason is better traction and longer lasting.

Value is not in the initial price. If you pay $10.00 per pair for tires and they last lets say 2 heats. Now if you a tire at $13.00 per pair, you paid more up front. But lets say this tire last for 3 heats. This means the $10.00 pair actually cost $15.00 to get in 3 heats. The $13.00 per pair got 3 heats and saved you money. Value is not up front but how long the tire last and how good the traction was during your runs.

Rim weight. Yes you can make a rim lighter without making the plastic thinner to gain the result. GQ has been in the plastic field for 30 years and they use the most advanced and most costly materials to make their rims lighter and strong. Trust me you do not wish to try to break these rims!!!! :nod:

Results on the track for GQ.
As I mentioned GQ does not buy drivers prior or at the track for large events. Winners are winners and that would prove nothing. Our results are at the local clubs, tracks, and regional events. Racers like you! We are not known here in the states as well as other countries like China, Spain, Brazil, Taiwan. and more. Because many of the racers here in the US are smart enough to try GQ tires and then found these GQ Tires can make you go faster and win, we will some day fill the GQ Racing Results page on their website with USA racers!!!

I have some results to give you an idea that at large European and other countries events GQ does very well thank you!!!:spidey:

I understand what you are saying but what about the racer the cuts his tires for performance ,alot of racers do cut theirs for gearing or traction,an if track has super high grip, so pricing would be high for those who true their tires for every round of qualifying so think about it, 4 rounds at 10.00 per box that 80.00 bucks before you main even starts not to count practicing this just my 2cents no bashing the tire at all i ran them when the had the orange a loved them just a racer 2cents

hitman 08-07-2010 09:42 AM

Soft Super GT rubber

Was wondering when you will have the soft Super GT Rubbers in stock. I see on the web site they are expected? Just wondering when they will be available?

Thanks.

Shawn

BigBellyCat 08-07-2010 10:16 AM

I am using the 1/8 GQ tyres 35shore for both fronts and rears. I can personally verify that there is less 'chunking' and the part where the foam rubber meets the plastic wheel has never come off. Traction is exceptionally good. I cant wait for the next race to be using these GQ tyres again.

I do have a question though. what is the difference between the white coloured plastic wheels for 1/8 and the orange coloured wheels. Is this to define the separate markets for Asia and the US? or is this just cosmetics? or a running change in production?

If i have one small complaint' albeit a small one, I wish it had a generic wheel colour like white because i like to colour coordinate the tyres and the car body colour. Having 'orange' wheels doesnt look good for some colour scheme. But all in all, I cant complain about the traction!!! :sneaky:

VA_Racer 08-07-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat (Post 7773530)
I do have a question though. what is the difference between the white coloured plastic wheels for 1/8 and the orange coloured wheels. Is this to define the separate markets for Asia and the US? or is this just cosmetics? or a running change in production?

If I'm not mistaking the orange rims for 1/8 are for Serpents. And that may change, Sam could answer that better, personaly the color of the rim dosen't matter to me. The tire is a great tire in all, the plastic is the best I have used and you will break your car before you will break a rim.

g-wan 08-07-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by VA_Racer (Post 7774667)
If I'm not mistaking the orange rims for 1/8 are for Serpents. And that may change, Sam could answer that better, personaly the color of the rim dosen't matter to me. The tire is a great tire in all, the plastic is the best I have used and you will break your car before you will break a rim.

our lhs here bring in the orange rim,n i do ask for the white rim as our lhs say only orange colour is available for kyosho n mugen:(:(,but dont mind for the colour,the most important thing is the tyre perform very well,and great price for 1/8 and 1/10 prefer then other brand..:D:D

TM America 08-07-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by g-wan (Post 7774781)
our lhs here bring in the orange rim,n i do ask for the white rim as our lhs say only orange colour is available for kyosho n mugen:(:(,but dont mind for the colour,the most important thing is the tyre perform very well,and great price for 1/8 and 1/10 prefer then other brand..:D:D

I am with you 100% g-wan:D

Here is the difference between the Orange and White rims.

The new light weight rims are in white. The difference in hardness between the two in non-existent. Now this sounded strange to me, however it is GQ that have been in the plastics business for 30 years not myself. I just wear them out consistently with my never ending questions!!! :nod::lol: For some reason to make our new light weight rim with the qualities and perfection GQ demands they can not mix the orange coloring with the mixture of materials used to make these new rims. It does something in regards to changing the end formulation of the pastic. So the new light weight rims need to be white.

Presently, the rims for Serpent wheels only come in the orange rims. The rims for Mugen/Kyosho/OS1 can be purchase by a distributor in orange or white. It would not make to much sense in purchasing orange because then you are missing out on the new High Tech light weight rims (white). Unless you distribute Serpent cars as well!:lol: Good match then!

In 1:10th Nitro Sedans the code number has a hyphen and "A" in the middle representing the new white light weight rims. The 1:8th Nitro tires have no code distinction. We just ask for white. This is why I believe they will soon only be in the white.

We, GQ America, bring in the white rims where possible. Some tires like GQ 1:10th EP Touring only come only in the orange. GQ 1:12th EP Pan come in the white. So one must go with the flow..:nod:

I will send PM to Hitman for your question.

nitrobeast 08-09-2010 05:52 AM

Test and Tune

Got to run the tires this weekend and wanted to pass on some info for the curious ones.

Started rears at 60.15 mm and front at 59 mm. 37 shore all around.
After 30 minutes of run time
RR=54.90
LR=54.15
RF=55.93
LF=55.30

If i would of started the tires with a difference of 2mm they would of been around the same size at the end.

With the Jaco tires ive been running all year for 30 minutes i would need to start them rear 62.5 front 60.5 just to make a 30 minute run.

Even with the tires that low at the end, no chunking and traction was still very good, no sign of over steering.

Overall I'm very happy with the quality of the tires!!