Search

GQ Racing Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Dredd you have a PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

I know i'm a little late... but congrats Diatta on your new sponsorship keep up the good work........ Nice job this year.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Killa G
I'm good man how are you. I will definitely give them a shot one of these days. I know they have been good in the past.

Gael
Are you going to GLC? If not I'll see you at Floyd that week? Can't wait!!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike jones
I know i'm a little late... but congrats Diatta on your new sponsorship keep up the good work........ Nice job this year.
I appreciate the love guys. I can't wait to use the tires at the upcoming Great Lakes Challenge and for the rest of the racing season.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

I got to use these tires this weekend and I must say the traction was good but the wear was great. I ran three qual and practice on one set of 1/8th scale tires and still had some left . Great tire. The 1/10 th scale were just as good . Thanks Sam. Rick
Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ive had awesome results with the tires so far at the club level Ive TQ'd and won the past few weeks with them. Shore seems to be about the same as other brands. The big thing you will notice over some other brands, is that the wheels are way lighter than average, which makes a big difference in the car being more nimble
Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
I appreciate the love guys. I can't wait to use the tires at the upcoming Great Lakes Challenge and for the rest of the racing season.
BT your not the only one
Diatta congrats well deserved Good Luck @ the GLC can make it this year have fun for the rest of us that can't make it out
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm finally back from a long week at the Great Lakes Challenge and being that it was my first experience on the GQ Racing Foam tires, I have to say I'm very impressed with both the quality and performance of both the foam and the rims. I used the Hard rims in 35 front and 37 rear shores. This combination proved to be consistent no matter what the track temp was. The Hard rims actually feel stiffer than the carbon rims from various other brands but still manage to keep from breaking under hard impact. On all my faster qual times I didn't make runtime, so I had to settle for starting 9th. For the main I used 37f 40r and started out at 61-63. In the first couple of laps I traction rolled in the crosstown and broke my rear shock bottom, but still managed to fix it and finish the race. I guess I really underestimated the tire wear because my car came off at the end with bigger tires than I used for quals while some drivers had to do tires changes or came off with next to no foam left on the rim. Although I hoped for a better finish I know that these tires we'll definitely prove to be a winning combination in the future, and I can't wait to use them again at the next race.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
BT your not the only one
Diatta congrats well deserved Good Luck @ the GLC can make it this year have fun for the rest of us that can't make it out
Thanks George, I'll hopefully see you at the US Open or the Novarossi Challenge... Or both
Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D-nicest
I'm finally back from a long week at the Great Lakes Challenge and being that it was my first experience on the GQ Racing Foam tires, I have to say I'm very impressed with both the quality and performance of both the foam and the rims. I used the Hard rims in 35 front and 37 rear shores. This combination proved to be consistent no matter what the track temp was. The Hard rims actually feel stiffer than the carbon rims from various other brands but still manage to keep from breaking under hard impact. On all my faster qual times I didn't make runtime, so I had to settle for starting 9th. For the main I used 37f 40r and started out at 61-63. In the first couple of laps I traction rolled in the crosstown and broke my rear shock bottom, but still managed to fix it and finish the race. I guess I really underestimated the tire wear because my car came off at the end with bigger tires than I used for quals while some drivers had to do tires changes or came off with next to no foam left on the rim. Although I hoped for a better finish I know that these tires we'll definitely prove to be a winning combination in the future, and I can't wait to use them again at the next race.
keep up that hard work you get it
Old 09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sam how soon will you have your winter line of tires available? Its geting close to rug season here.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Speedy Gun
Sam how soon will you have your winter line of tires available? Its getting close to rug season here.
All of our electric tires which include 1:10th carpet and pavement, 1:12th pan carpet and pavement, 1:18th M18 Pro and M18, will be in our warehouse right around the middle of September. They may be about a week later but should be close.

We have some new items that will rock a couple of the electric car classes. I can't wait to get into the electric market.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Just like to report that TMA Motorsports has placed a GQ Racing Tire banner on Red RC news website. We are in hopes that this advertising banner will help racers find our web location to order GQ Racing Tires. Additionally we hope that the branner will develop more brand awareness for the best tire in the world!

Have Fun and Drive Fast With GQ!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Racers,

Fall racing is around the corner and for those in the South, Southwest, and West, winter racing season is coming. So why is a tire distributor writing an article about the upcoming season of racing? What do tires have to do with the fall and winter racing?

Tires are actually very important topic for those racers taking outdoor action and battle during the fall and winter racing. And I don't know how many racers know that GQ Racing Tires are going into their second season of presenting a tire line especially designed for this time of the year. The tire line is for 1:10th Nitro Sedan cars and the line is called "Soft Rims" (AS).

I believe some of the lack of use of these tires last year is because erroneous information about what "Soft Rims" mean and how they are designed and work on the track. Of course competition companies love to offer misleading information because there is no RC tire manufacturer or company other than GQ that has the knowledge of plastic formulations and machinery to produce rims like GQ Racing Soft Rims. Most forget GQ is a huge plastic and rubber company (30 years) that is known worldwide for their expertise in developing formulations in plastics and rubbers.

So what is the soft rim?

The soft rim (AS) is designed to be used during cooler weather, bumpy tracks, and low traction tracks. The design is in the plastic formulation. The outer edge has the same hardness as our regular (A) rim. This ensures that the car can make and react as fast as our normal rims(A) in fast and slow turns. After the outer edge and moving to the inner edge, the plastic is made with a different plastic formulation that has a set percentage of softer material when formulated than our regular rims (A).

This plastic formulation allows the inner portion of the rim to have the correct amount of flex that allows when "on power" coming out of corners you have full contact patch on the ground for excellent grip and acceleration. This flex also gives racers excellent grip to make the turns faster (especially middle of corner) which means higher speeds at end of straights.

So when using the GQ Racing Soft Rims in cooler weather, bumpy tracks and low tractions tracks, speed will not be compromised as compared to using standard tires.

Hints:

1.) Try using combination of Soft Rims with standard tires. If the weather is cool enough to give you problems under quick acceleration but steering is still good, use the Soft rim in the rears only.

2.) When using the "Soft Rims", you use the same shores as you would under similar track conditions. Trying to just use regular tires by using softer shores doesn't work!! You just increase wear and run through your tires faster. This is just throwing money out the window. Soft Rims are the same cost as the regular rim tires.

If you have any questions please write to me and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have! Remember the only dumb question is the one not asked!!

Good Racing To All!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

We have been sending out a lot of the soft rim tires. For those who have used them please feel free to write on how they felt to you on the track suface you used them on.

Also 1/8th GT rubber tire users. Once again GQ has been sending out a lot of these tires to racers living in the Southern and Northern states. This seems to be the hot spots. Unfortunately where I live (West) this class does not exist. So I need to get the feedback on how well the GQ rubber tires work. These tires win races all over the world. However it is fun to hear the good results racers are receiving here in the states.

Vissionary Hobby racers are having a great time with these tires as told to me by Sam (owner). Some guys have tried to break the GQ rim unsuccessfully. I could have told you in advance not to try this! lol Their results on the track with the GQ 17mm 1/8th GT tire has been excellent. Sam just purchased his second order for these tires and I wish to thank Sam and his fellow racers for using GQ Racing Tires!

Have Fun and Good Racing to All!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.