Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Ofna Tire Truer >

Ofna Tire Truer

Ofna Tire Truer

Old 06-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Ofna Tire Truer

i JUST BOUGHT AN OFNA TIRE TRUER FROM AN ONLINE SUPPLIER HOWEVER WHEN I GOT THE TRUER THE INFORMATION SHEETS/ INSTRUCTIONS WEREN'T THERE. OFNA SIGHT DOESNT HAVE IT. ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT COULD PDF ME A COPY.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

I have an Ofna auto truer, but like you I bought it used and got no instructions...but what do you need?
Old 06-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by theRED5
I have an Ofna auto truer, but like you I bought it used and got no instructions...but what do you need?
IM LOOKING FOR THE POWER REQUIREMENTS IE AMP REQUIREMENTS. I HAD A SMALL INTEGY POWER SUPPLY BUT ITS DEAD NOW.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:45 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by nippon
IM LOOKING FOR THE POWER REQUIREMENTS IE AMP REQUIREMENTS. I HAD A SMALL INTEGY POWER SUPPLY BUT ITS DEAD NOW.
hehe, can you just hit the Caps key one more time?
Old 06-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I believe it's just a rebadged Hudy, so the requirements are probably the same or at least close. The Hudy calls for 25 amps continuous. Good luck.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

I would agree with that...I have a PS made from a computer Pwr.Sup., which puts out 10 amps, and if your taking 2-3mm's it'll kick off.

I've used one of those automotive jump starters to power one, cutting every tire around and it still works.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

It depends on cut depth as the other guys have said. 15 amps will allow you to pull 2-3mm off a 40 shore tire. With the HUDY carbide bit you can take more. When the blade gets dull you can take less.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have one and thought the same thing...no instructions?

If you look very closely at the one piece of paper you got with the unit, there's some basic stuff.

As far as the current draw, I haven't had any problem with my 30 amp supply or a car battery. It's not made to take more than about 1mm at a time, and that's pushing it. Any more than that and you probably get alot of smoke and chunking. I would suggest using a rasp with the machine turned on high speed to take large amounts quickly.
Also, I have found that if you dont want to spend the money for a hudy carbide blade, a bosch metal 14 tooth/inch jigsaw blade works a bit better than the stock for smoothness. The stock blade looks like a 12 tooth/inch bosch wood jigsaw blade.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

I just use a 12-volt gelcel with my OFNA truer and it works fine.

Last edited by sikgraffx; 06-02-2004 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by ZipZap
I have one and thought the same thing...no instructions?

If you look very closely at the one piece of paper you got with the unit, there's some basic stuff.

As far as the current draw, I haven't had any problem with my 30 amp supply or a car battery. It's not made to take more than about 1mm at a time, and that's pushing it. Any more than that and you probably get alot of smoke and chunking. I would suggest using a rasp with the machine turned on high speed to take large amounts quickly.
Also, I have found that if you dont want to spend the money for a hudy carbide blade, a bosch metal 14 tooth/inch jigsaw blade works a bit better than the stock for smoothness. The stock blade looks like a 12 tooth/inch bosch wood jigsaw blade.
Thanks for the help guys. i guess ill run to tokyo and buy a new power supply.