Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Rules on holes in body? >

Rules on holes in body?

Rules on holes in body?

Old 05-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rules on holes in body?

Could someone tell me how big your holes can be on the body of your car?
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

The main thing is the front windshield hole, now it can only be 50mm at its largest point. That means if you have a square hole, it cannot be bigger than 50mm measured from corner to corner, diagonally. The side FRONT windows can be opened, and as much of the rear window can be removed.

There are other rules about the sizes of fueling holes in the roof, and exhaust outlet holes.

The new rule that caught me out last time is the rear bumper height...at ROAR races in FL, they measure the bumper with the car sitting on a 20mm blocks, it can be no more than 55mm.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by theRED5
The new rule that caught me out last time is the rear bumper height...at ROAR races in FL, they measure the bumper with the car sitting on a 20mm blocks, it can be no more than 55mm.
Isn't that the same as IFMAR's ruling below;

Bodies are not to be cut above the lower bumper line at the front or the back or above the bottom line of the doors. Rear of the body may not be cut away higher than 45.00mm measured with a 10.00mm spacer under the chassis plate. Details of all front and rear lights, grills, air intakes and windows must be clearly contrasted from the surrounding paintwork.

Should be the same as putting the car on 20 mm blocks and no more than 55 mm.

Also, IFMAR has mentioned the main cooling hole to be 60 mm, 15 mm glow plug hole on the roof and 50 mm for the refueling hole.