Wiki Posts
Search

RC car- True Turbocharger.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cartman
you all seem to forget it aint legal no where!!
Whether its legal isnt the point, 5 ports aren't legal either. The idea is insane speed, provided it works
Old 06-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bishop
You know, I'm actually kind of suprised no one has posted a link to this yet...
http://www.rbinnovations.com
I stumbled across it some time ago, I thought it was rather good for a quick laugh...
That link has been slaughtered so many times in this forum. So much so that it seldom pops up anymore. Do a search.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by soc123_au
Whether its legal isnt the point, 5 ports aren't legal either. The idea is insane speed, provided it works
If you run in the foam class in the UK they are legal. But then again, in our foam class, provided it says .12 on the side anything goes .
Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mop_iko
1BADTRANSAM....

remember this.... THERE ALWAYS WILL BE ONE THREAD HIJACKER around.... just ignore them....

i think they just want to have fun and sometimes they will create excitement to your thread.... i have seen a lot....

they just express what they think.... but sometimes... they dont have enough base in what they said... sometimes what they say will open our eyes.... so let us be open to this kind of thing... always think positive.

mop
true,... just stay on your track and keep building,... support won't come from one person,... it comes from many others too,...

ummm,... sorry if I asked something out of topic,... but it's a bit strange if Bishop has only few posts and most of his posts are in this thread,... sorry to ask,... just curious,... and as usual,... no offense intended,... if you do however,... sue me,...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I might be an idiot or a loser,... but I'm not alone "

Last edited by orangbaligila; 06-05-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
If you run in the foam class in the UK they are legal. But then again, in our foam class, provided it says .12 on the side anything goes .
Sounds like a fun class, 5 ports in AU are not allowed at most tracks. Not for important races anyway. We are trying to introduce a once a year event where you can run whatever you like as long as it fits under a 200mm tourer shell. Sorry to get off topic
Old 06-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

1BadTransam: Keep working at it. And keep to your word at the begining on how you aren't going to release pictures for a while longer. While I would like to see it I think keeping the project under wraps for a while will help you do it your way with no one or company trying to copy it.

Bishop: As time goes on the 1BadTransam will be able to tune the turbo and get it to be the way he claims/wants. I have no reason to not trust 1BadTransam and if he really does work 72 hour weeks I really dont blame him for not pounding this project out faster, that is his only day he gets off.

So 1BadTransam keep working and updating us on your discoveries so at somepoint in the future you can prove us all wrong.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

I stumbled across it some time ago, I thought it was rather good for a quick laugh...
why u want to laugh?

i found the link to be quite interesting though!

thanks for sharing!!!

mop
Old 06-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mop_iko
why u want to laugh?

i found the link to be quite interesting though!

thanks for sharing!!!

mop
I think because he thinks it won't work too,...

maybe the parts may look a bit weird,... but hey,.. 'aint all parts in rc look funny?! hehehe...
Old 06-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Default i think this one look more promising

this one looks more promising....

on a yokomo gt-4

showing the super charger mounted on a Schumacher nitro fusion
(and please see also the 3 gear on this beast and the BREAK RETURN SPRING....)

this picture was mentioned in this thread last time

and these came from RBINNOVATIONS also!

tested and proven... now its time for 1BadTransam..... all we need is PATIENCE.

mop
Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Why Bishop? You think it doesn't work?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this is the only reason t-charging works and supercharging is junk
Hmm, I wonder who said that....
Old 06-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Initiate

- yawn, bishop, always trying to turn it around on someone else?

all i have to say is the performance of the RB concept s-charger i bought was dismal at best. besides the porting problems, after i took it apart, i seen why it wasn't pushing air like it should... their impeller looks like the impeller from a water pump in a boat. not to say that it didnt work, it did work, but not all that spectacular...
Old 06-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

But the point is, you did say it, and it's nice that you can bag someone else's project, yet still get so upset when someone questions yours.
And just to be clear (once again), are you now saying supercharging works?, and is not junk?

You know I'm getting accused of all sorts of stuff, but really I'm just trying to clear up a lot of the inconsistent info coming from you, you have even gone back and edited some of your older posts to correct some of that, yet you still accuse me of twisting what you say to make it work against you, well perhaps if you were more consistent, it would not even be an issue.

In a way, it's funny that a thread about your invention, keeps coming back to being more about me, than it is about your project.

And you know I just have to say it again, so what the heck...
Still no pics?

Last edited by Bishop; 06-06-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: dont just BRAG...

Originally posted by soc123_au
Do a search on the old "engine wars" thread & Topgun 777 backed up all his ideas with pictures. He now has almost a cult following.
It is a cult following already.

And for Bishop. No pictures will be made available for a little while but a storm is brewing behind the scenes .

I have always maintained from day 1 that the RB Innovations s'charger is just a piece of eye candy and nothing more. I have always been open in making my opinion be known that those things dont work on our little engines. But I will state now that what 1BadTransam has will work and its going to be proved.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

I have always maintained from day 1 that the RB Innovations s'charger is just a piece of eye candy and nothing more. I have always been open in making my opinion be known that those things dont work on our little engines. But I will state now that what 1BadTransam has will work and its going to be proved.
It's interesting that you would say that, but, the problem still is, will it work and be proved, like the RB supercharger has worked and been proven?
15% increase in HP (proven on a dyno? who knows?) with a shelf price of $170+, with engine life being an unknown factor?

If you want serious questions and speculation for a moment, price, power, value, engine life, all valid and very serious issues.
In many ways it still comes back to one of my original statements, can it be done? maybe, should it be done? nope.

At best, I still think it will just be a very expensive toy, sold to suckers who should have just bought a better engine, or faster car to begin with, at worst it's elaborate con, with people being ripped off and sold something that just kills engines, and little more.

Which brings me back to the picture question yet again, because really, it would be nice to know that at least this guy is not "just" pulling a total con to begin with, sucking people into believing he has something that does not even really exist in the first place.
Secondly, as there has been other pics posted of other "turbocharged" RC cars on other RC forums before, it would be nice to see if it is really a genuine, or should I say "original" picture, or just one pinched from somewhere else on the net, as I do believe someone else was caught out on that one once before...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.