Search
Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spooky 1
They are 98mm outside diameter. Taller than PMT. Alpha and others.
Taller measns smaller. The PMTīs are 42mm wide.

Do you have a value for the Sweep tire with ?
Old 10-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcquick
Does anyone know what tire sweep will be bringing to the nationals
next month,
ROAR will make the announcement with in few days. thanks

Originally Posted by C@T
Taller measns smaller. The PMTīs are 42mm wide.

Do you have a value for the Sweep tire with ?
Mounted, Ready to Race, 100mm o/d 42mm width. thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Company Representative

Default 2014 ROAR GT8 National championship updated

To Fellow GT8 racers!

GT8 class has been growing very fast around the world for closed wheels, side by side action with realistic rubber tires racing.

ROAR recognized that to have this class as a formal class for this years US ROAR National championship at the Fort Myers, Florida.

For this historic 1st ever US National GT8 championship, Sweep's 40145ERWLSS tires set has been selected as one of the spec tires for the event.It's a combination of 45EXP Slick tire/White ROK Hard wheel/GTLSS White machine cut insert.

We will be at the race 10/29-11/2/2014 to represent.

Thank you all! see you at The Fort!

Attached Thumbnails Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-40145erwlss_roar.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up On-Road Fuel Nationals report

First, an immense thanks to John Lee from Sweep Racing USA. Without you I could not have done it, period. You not only provided me with incredible support but also did an amazing job in the pits. Thanks to you I have my first National race in the books. I am very grateful and this was an incredible experience for me.

So I arrived on Wednesday afternoon, first controlled practice day. The day was almost over but there was one session left. I quickly started my car and practiced for a few minutes. Car felt really good and I just cruised around the track to get a feel of the layout. Fort Myers is a narrow, tight track but fun to drive on. The EXP 45 Sweep tires were super fast and the tire wear was ridiculously low.
Thursday was seeding practice. Had 3 practice sessions and seeded somewhere in the middle of the A pace. I was pretty confident in my car and driving.
Qualifiers started Friday (3 rounds) and I realized that my engine was consuming too much fuel and I couldn't do 7 minutes. So my first run was stopped by running out of fuel. Decided to stop for fuel for my second qualifier and put in a safe but slow run. Competition was very tight and my overall pace was just not there. For the third qualifier I setup my car for runtime and the run started pretty good but during the last minute I made contact with another car. My car flipped and it took time to be marshaled and I flamed. John restarted in no time but I had already lost too much time. Saturday was 2 qualifiers and lower mains. I was unable to get a good run in the first. I swapped engines, decided to use Courtneys’ stock engine. Ran it in the last qualifier and we tuned it there. I qualified in the B, scheduled to be run in the afternoon.
For the B our plan was to run a safe and clean run. I drove a clean race and the engine ran perfectly. My friend Rich D pitted with John Lee. They were doing perfect pit stops, getting me in and out in 4 to 5 seconds. We won the B with a lap on the field. 
I was beyond happy, as I had been struggling for 3 days and finally got a good run.
The Amain final was scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I started 9th on the grid. Our plan was to run clean and try to move up gradually. The race started good and pretty quick I was in 3rd. But I was driving too conservatively and ended 5th.
This was such an amazing experience and I learned a lot! Being in the B was a blessing in disguise because I got to win a race AND run the final too.
It was a great opportunity to have conversations with seasonal racers that have been racing for years and I brought some great racing tips home.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Company Representative

We are glad to report Team Sweep won the 1st ever ROAR nats.

Wednesday, practice when we showed up, there were only 2 drivers running on the Sweep, but as the time go by, racers changed to Sweep tires/P1L body one driver at a time. at the end, the whole placed was covered with our ROK White wheels!

Thank you and see you all at Track in near future.
Attached Thumbnails Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-2014-roar-gt8-nats.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweep was the tire of choice again this year at the Airtronics grand prix. I finished second on a set of the 50exp front and 45 rear. Thanks to John and the Sweep crew for their dedication to providing the best racing tire out there.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Spooky1, nice watching you end up in second, would have been better running with you, but maybe next time.

Sweeps seemed to be the tires of choice, my car worked really well with 40's front and rear. Ran a new set in my 25min main and would have run them for the 30min A as well if I would have made the bump.

John, thanks for the tire order and help ..... :-)

Mark
Old 02-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Great tyres we are also having fantastic results out here in the middle east head and dust!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sweep Tires are the BEST!! PERIOD!!

John and his crew continue to improve on what they have built and take racers advice to stay on top. Awesome products and great support.

Keep it up Fellas!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great tires and my choice for my GT8 class.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The quality of Sweep products really separates them from their competitors. The car really responds while running on Sweep tires. Don't forget to check out the Sweep GT body.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Just got back from an awesome racing event at the GLARCRC in LA. Sweep tires were awesome. I ran 40's all around for the qualifiers and chose to run 50's in the front and 45's in the rear for the 30min A main. Temp was around 75 degrees during the A main and the tires were planted. Tire wear was minimal after the mains. Sweep tires are in my opinion the tire to choose. Thanks to John and Sweep Racing for the support for this class. Things are looking great for the GT class to continued to grow!! See you guys at the next race!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Spooky1, nice watching you end up in second, would have been better running with you, but maybe next time.

Sweeps seemed to be the tires of choice, my car worked really well with 40's front and rear. Ran a new set in my 25min main and would have run them for the 30min A as well if I would have made the bump.

John, thanks for the tire order and help ..... :-)

Mark
Mark,
You need to stop bumping and start grinding.......
Old 02-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone remind me what nitro smells like.........I sure don't remember. Its been too long and too COLD. I think my next move will needs to be down to Florida. I think it is time to start thinking about getting my Serpent Cobra GT ready back into racing form to catch all you fast guys!!!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know Andy it has been years since I ran nitro gt and I can't wait to get out there the igt8 is now ready and so I'm I .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.