R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #361
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking RC Pro race

A Big Thank You to my sons Sponsors:
Sweep Tires and Absolute Hobbyz for giving us the Best Tires for GT Racing and the Parts support to keep us running, also big shout out to Drew Ellis from XRAY, it was great to meet him and get some Expert tips for our XRAY-HotRod. XRAY Support is UNMATCHED

We were fortunate to Qualify for the A Main with so many Talented GT drivers. At the end of the day we officially finished 6th after the officials adjusted Todd’s laps because of a transponder glitch. Roger Bourland explained how easy it was to figure out and adjust but it looked like calculus to me. Thanks Roger

Our 2011 808 Spec XRAY GT is getting better every race, looking forward to the next race for a chance to get on the Podium.

I would like to add the RC Pro Officials were on the ball and did a spectacular job in all areas of calling this race fairly.

Like to say Congratulations to the Podium Drivers, 1 Paolo Moganti, 2 Gus Wood, 3 Daniel Ayala, 4 Eduardo Romero, 5 Andy Liu

On a side note I would like to say Shawn Bucklin was sick fast it was unfortunate to have such a petty problem so close to the end. You had a Top 3 finish locked up for sure

I believe we were ALL WINNERS TO be part of such a great race.

Hope RC PRO continues having GT racing they did a Spectacular Job.

Here are a few pictures from the Event.

ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #362
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a fine looking group. Leon, Todd did a great job with a 6th place finish and I look forward to seeing him at many future GT races. Great bunch to race with. I felt bad for Andy and Shawn , they had the 2 and 3 spots locked until mechanical issues took them out.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Looks like we missed some rain (well at the track) based on the pictures above.

Sweep tires worked well all weekend, and some good help and info from team drivers, Thanks!

However I'm still looking for some "Talent in a Can" to get the most out of my car and tires. Please point me in the right dirrection.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #364
Tech Fanatic

Mark, just follow Paulo home.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #365
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
A Big Thank You to my sons Sponsors:
Sweep Tires and Absolute Hobbyz for giving us the Best Tires for GT Racing and the Parts support to keep us running, also big shout out to Drew Ellis from XRAY, it was great to meet him and get some Expert tips for our XRAY-HotRod. XRAY Support is UNMATCHED

We were fortunate to Qualify for the A Main with so many Talented GT drivers. At the end of the day we officially finished 6th after the officials adjusted Todd’s laps because of a transponder glitch. Roger Bourland explained how easy it was to figure out and adjust but it looked like calculus to me. Thanks Roger

Our 2011 808 Spec XRAY GT is getting better every race, looking forward to the next race for a chance to get on the Podium.

I would like to add the RC Pro Officials were on the ball and did a spectacular job in all areas of calling this race fairly.

Like to say Congratulations to the Podium Drivers, 1 Paolo Moganti, 2 Gus Wood, 3 Daniel Ayala, 4 Eduardo Romero, 5 Andy Liu

On a side note I would like to say Shawn Bucklin was sick fast it was unfortunate to have such a petty problem so close to the end. You had a Top 3 finish locked up for sure

I believe we were ALL WINNERS TO be part of such a great race.

Hope RC PRO continues having GT racing they did a Spectacular Job.

Here are a few pictures from the Event.

Damn, so many guys there I wanted to meet, sorry I could not make it. Those IGT Hobbies drivers still make me proud! Great job to everyone, racers, promoters, officials, facility owners, and sponsors.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Mark, just follow Paulo home.
Follow him home ........ and Steal the Car ........ Ok, Good Plan!!!!!

I will still need to get him to drive it for me to match the lap times .......
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #367
Tech Fanatic

Anyone can be bought.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #368
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Midwest series race in toledo

Hi all, I just wanted to give a little report out on the 1st midwest series race here in toledo ohio.The day started of great with the weather being in the mid 70's and climbing. I started of with some sweep 45 mounted on ofna bbs wheels and I used some of the stock Kyosho grey inserts, in the first few rounds of qualifiying these seemed to be the ticket as they provided really good grip levels for the early rounds before the traction came up to much, since gt was the first class to run i felt I would start there and go up as more traction was put down throught the day. I have been experimenting with different inserts and trying to get different air gaps between the wheel and tires, and I think I have had some good results, a fellow racer was having some traction problems and I loaned him a set similar set that I had built last year and he loved them, I have some other Ideas and I will test them and let everyone know my findings. Anyway back to the race. As the temperature got higher I switched to sweep 50's prebuilts and these were great for the rising temperature, I also ran them for the 30 minute main, and they held up great and after the race the were on them is hardly noticeable, I would have to say to anybody who is looking for a good temperature tire with great longevity to try the sweep 50's, you wont be dissapointed.
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #369
Tech Adept

Default midwest GT race

Here are some snapshots at the race.
Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-midwest-series1.jpg   Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-midwest-series2.jpg   Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-midwest-series3.jpg   Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-midwest-series4.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #370
Tech Adept

Default My GT car

Here is a close up of my car, I hope you like it
Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-my-gt-car2.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #371
Tech Fanatic

Car looks great, congrats on the win.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #372
Tech Adept

thanks spooky, i havn't been able to race since last summer, but I am hoping to do more this summer, I would like to attend one of the larger gt races, but I am not sure I will have the vacation time to do them, I will be attending the Byrons race, and I hope to represent sweep well this year. As I said before I am trying some different things for the inserts and i want to get something good for the joliet track.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #373
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod View Post
Here is a close up of my car, I hope you like it
Nice to see the Nissan Z Body its definitly a great looking GT8 Car

Congrats on your win
ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Nooby question for yall. Are the belted tires the way to go?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #375
Tech Fanatic

Run the Sweeps and you'll love them. This company is always out to improve their product and you can rely on them with any scale you run.