R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #211
Tech Adept

Great Gt weekend, all those races listed should have good turnout. There is a Midwest Series race/XRay Challenge at Leisure Hours in Joliet this weekend that should have a very good GT turnout also. One day I hope we can all get together at one race and have a killer time. One day I hope
rcmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #212
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmikel View Post
Great Gt weekend, all those races listed should have good turnout. There is a Midwest Series race/XRay Challenge at Leisure Hours in Joliet this weekend that should have a very good GT turnout also. One day I hope we can all get together at one race and have a killer time. One day I hope
Tell me about the Xray race? Ran with the Midwest Series? Is it electric?

And im ready Mike what a bag of tricks I have this time
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmikel View Post
I think you are right on that one. I really enjoyed the Byrons race weekend at Leisure Hours, (car had some issues, most have been corrected) and looking forward to coming back again.

Maybe we should try and organize some sort of points championship, with a run off at the end of the year. Think SCCA, where you qualify in your "Division or Area" and the top ??? get an invite and maybe paid entry, and other racers who have run atleast ?????? can pay to run. Make the regional or series races important and then show up to see who is really able to make it work.

Midwest Series, Texas, Utah, Heart Of Ameriaca, Northwest, North East ....... (did not mean to leave any area out)

Our own nationals.

Just need to agree on rules but keep it simple - Chassis - Type of Tires - Type of Drive Line - Approved Bodies - Approved Engines.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #214
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had my first race on sweeps last Sunday and I really liked them. I did learn that on warm days (95+) 50's might be a little soft for my driving style. A couple things I noticed is that when the tires get over heated they will let you know, and if you take care of them during a long race, they are very consistent. I should have a set off 55's on Monday so I can't wait to try them out.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #215
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just got a set of 55's myself, Can't wait to get them on the track.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #216
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

OFNA HAS THIS BODY IN STOCK

SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #217
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Just got a set of 55's myself, Can't wait to get them on the track.
Oh you suck! haha
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sweeps worked at Heart of America race in Lincoln this weekend. TQ for Ken McKinny, 1st to Bill Sydor and 2nd (using a nitor car) to Mark Wernimont.

Had an electric car run the full 30 min main with just two 4 cell batteries. Hard to keep up in the infield and way to hard to out brake him going into the 180 at the end of the straight, but I held him off for 20+ laps. Glad I had really good brakes to start, as they were just ok at the end.

Faster guys ran 45's in 98+ temps with heat index of 110. I ran the 50's and did not stick quite as well but still worked well.

Thanks!!!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #219
Tech Addict

Default TimeZone Gand Prix

I am sure that Gus will have some words to say about his weekend... But I really wanted to thank Sweep for taking the time and money to sponsor the TimeZone Grand Prix.... I really had a fast car and the tires were awsome... but the motor let go...... Next time..
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #220
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
This weekend is also SouthWest Championship Series (SWCS) Race #5 at Porter, Texas. 30Min main is scheduled for the GT class same as other classes in the series. Big GT turn out is also expected at this event this weekend. Race HARD !!!!
Man what a blast it was running at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, TX for the SWCS race #5. Sweeps EXP 55 slicks were the tickets for the triple digit temperature. My car broke (front right universal snapped) after 3 laps into the A-main, disappointing but that's racing. Congrats to Ron Simpson for the TQ and finished 1st place at SWCS race #5, well deserved win Ron. Great job buddy!!!!!. Congrats to Todd Chambers for finishing 2nd for his first time out with the 1/8 GT on the big track. Very impressive finish Todd, so glad to see you worked out all your bugs before the A-main. Congrats to Chad for the 3rd place finish, I have to say Chad has been very consistent with his results. Good job Chad!!!

Another great turnout for the 1/8 GT class. We had 16 or 17 racers.

As for me, I had nothing but car issues at race #3, race #4 and race #5. I need to somehow shake the monkeys off my back.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #221
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Midwest series at Liesure hours

Well, this past weekend we had the midwest series race at leisure hours hobbies, and it was a great weekend of racing. Saturday morning started out with great weather and great traction. There were 2 full heats of GT and the local boys were indeed the fast guys. I ran sweep 50's all around and i felt that the car war really stable with them, I tried using a grey ribbed short course foam in the front tires and was able to get a little more steering out of the car, I was running a gt2 and shortened the wheel base as much as I could, I think I was the only one running a gt2, the short wheelbase cars seem to be the car to have at Jolliet. I managed a fith place qualifing position and finished in 4th. I would say that the sweep tires are awsome and provided plenty of grip in my car, but I think the short wheelbase cars turn in a lot tighter, I will be running in toledo next weekend and I think I will try the 55's with the stock inserts depending on the temperature.
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #222
Tech Fanatic

Mark, I had a great weekend. Didn't have the good luck in the main with a set screw coming out of my center drive and taking me out of things. The guys know I had a fast car and I can't wait to take another shot at it next year. The Sweep 50 spec tires were wonderful traction and everyone was fast and hooked up. The St.Cyr family were awesome hosts and that event was one of the funnest times I've had racing. Anyone who missed it should not miss the next one.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #223
Tech Regular

Quick question, how long does these sweep 50's last you guys? a full season? 2 - 3 gallons of fuel? a single race?

BTW these tires are great! the difference is significantly noticeable and should be considered standard must have when purchasing a GT class car.
VexVegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #224
Tech Fanatic

The length of wear will depend on surface and driving style, but on parking lot tracks racing twice a week, we have been getting two months out of them.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #225
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod View Post
Well, this past weekend we had the midwest series race at leisure hours hobbies, and it was a great weekend of racing. Saturday morning started out with great weather and great traction. There were 2 full heats of GT and the local boys were indeed the fast guys. I ran sweep 50's all around and i felt that the car war really stable with them, I tried using a grey ribbed short course foam in the front tires and was able to get a little more steering out of the car, I was running a gt2 and shortened the wheel base as much as I could, I think I was the only one running a gt2, the short wheelbase cars seem to be the car to have at Jolliet. I managed a fith place qualifing position and finished in 4th. I would say that the sweep tires are awsome and provided plenty of grip in my car, but I think the short wheelbase cars turn in a lot tighter, I will be running in toledo next weekend and I think I will try the 55's with the stock inserts depending on the temperature.

Glad you liked it...Dont forget about the fast DM1 that finished 3rd, that was running second most of the race.
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote