Search

Xray NT1R

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Xray NT1R

XRAY NT1R
XRAY is pleased to present the new XRAY NT1R, the latest release from the XRAY design studio for the nitro car racer in everyone. The XRAY NT1R represents the latest offering of the super-successful RAYCER concept – luxury at an affordable price.

The new XRAY NT1R is based on the world’s most successful and award-winning XRAY NT1 high-performance nitro touring car, a car that has raised the bar in engineering, design and performance and has won the hearts of racers worldwide along with an exceptional amount of titles and awards including multiple European and USA Championship titles.

With a very affordable street price, the NT1R is sure to appeal to every RACER!

With the worldwide success of the NT1 both on the tracks and customer’s satisfaction supported by gained multiple awards, I wanted to release a version that would allow everyone to enjoy the design and performance benefits of the NT1 no matter what their racing needs and budget are. Thus the NT1R was born.

See it. Feel it. Drive it.

Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy
Chief Engineer, XRAY

=================================

Discuss. Could this car bring new life in nitro TC?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is an interesting concept (based on the T2R/T2 009 relationship). The interesting thing will be what is the street price in relation to the other cars on the market and the NT1 that is appears to be slotted under. It has definitely peaked my interest as far as a backup/club track car.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Lord

As mentioned on the Xray forum:

240 euro ex VAT.
The normal NT1 goes about 399 and this one arround 289, sounds interesting.

- The solid front axle is what most drive and because the weakness of the CVD shafts some over here did switch to the dogbones.
- For most drivers glassfiber does not make a performance difference compared to carbon
- that goes also for the composite shocks
- nothing wrong with standard motormounts, personally I do not see any advantage using 2-piece mounts
- There are more toplevel cars without a receiver box, and for a few bucks you have one.

The only doubt I have is the missing front anti rollbar. But with a small investment you have one if needed.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
As mentioned on the Xray forum:

240 euro ex VAT.
The normal NT1 goes about 399 and this one arround 289, sounds interesting.

- The solid front axle is what most drive and because the weakness of the CVD shafts some over here did switch to the dogbones.
- For most drivers glassfiber does not make a performance difference compared to carbon
- that goes also for the composite shocks
- nothing wrong with standard motormounts, personally I do not see any advantage using 2-piece mounts
- There are more toplevel cars without a receiver box, and for a few bucks you have one.

The only doubt I have is the missing front anti rollbar. But with a small investment you have one if needed.
If it goes for around $300 in the US, I would definitely be onboard for getting one. It would be a good car for any nitro spec racing for any club to consider (RCGT, Nitro VTA, etc). Xray made a hit with the electric T2R a couple of years ago and were smart to bring that kit back this year (take that AE, Serpent, Team Magic, HPI/Hot Bodies), so this one should be just as big a hit (with tight r/c budgets in this bad economy). Maybe the other brands need to take note and consider doing something similar.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Maybe this car is a good way to clear out the factory from all the parts they have to make room for an NT2 ?

it makes sense...put all the parts in a kit and sell it at A CHEAP PRICE
Old 12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Maybe this car is a good way to clear out the factory from all the parts they have to make room for an NT2 ?

it makes sense...put all the parts in a kit and sell it at A CHEAP PRICE
I dont think Xray is going to come out with a new platform the NT1 is an amazing car and in my oppinion on top right now. this new car is for the entry level racer who wants to be competitive.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCAKid
I dont think Xray is going to come out with a new platform the NT1 is an amazing car and in my oppinion on top right now. this new car is for the entry level racer who wants to be competitive.
I don't know if nitro touring is an entry level class to require a entry level car. My NT1 EC just came in and I'm resigned to the fact that it's already outdated. This car and the EC all but confirm a new car is coming soon.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheROK1212
I don't know if nitro touring is an entry level class to require a entry level car. My NT1 EC just came in and I'm resigned to the fact that it's already outdated. This car and the EC all but confirm a new car is coming soon.
Whatever car you have will be competitive, because all they do is come out with updated parts that can bolt on to the kit. So, I wouldn't consider it outdated, consider it as updated.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Whatever car you have will be competitive, because all they do is come out with updated parts that can bolt on to the kit. So, I wouldn't consider it outdated, consider it as updated.
I guess I feel better
Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think this car might incise some people to drive nitro tc who otherwise couldn't because of the cost. Yes, the price difference will probably save you $150 compared to the normal one but under a budget, that's a huge savings.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Any news on a release date?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

I like it but...

Surely this only puts it in the same price band as a full spec TM G4RS09!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

its just a stripped down NT1 you'll end up spending more on this kit cause you'll need to upgrade parts. Black fiberglass instead of graphite you'll want a front diff. Its just a way for XRay to flood the market more with their car. If your considering getting a XRay just get the NT1 EC dont waste your time on the NT1R it will cost u more in the long run jmo
Old 12-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
its just a stripped down NT1 you'll end up spending more on this kit cause you'll need to upgrade parts. Black fiberglass instead of graphite you'll want a front diff. Its just a way for XRay to flood the market more with their car. If your considering getting a XRay just get the NT1 EC dont waste your time on the NT1R it will cost u more in the long run jmo
As mentioned by me before, most drivers in Europe are running the solid shaft in front. Yes, if you want some setup options then a diff is wise to get but isn't that the same otherwise?
And why do we need carbon? Fiberglass will work fine and could be THE solution to get more flex into the chassis.

I do think this car has a goal to reach more drivers but I will not say it will cost you more on the long run.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
For clubracing a NT1R is perfect, a NT1 Ec is overkill unless you lack some driving skills.

I'll bet I can get this car on the podium during a clubrace just as easy as with my tricked out NT1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.