R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho SuperTen FW-04

All about the superten series. Hard to find car

Last edited by 1smexyAP2; 09-16-2010 at 02:37 PM.
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo Finland
Posts: 1,492
Default

It's not manufactured anymore.. that's why. It's from 2002, Inferno GT has replaced it since. Not exactly the same but now more and more K cars are being based on Inferno MP75, Inferno GT is one of them.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Oh that suxs. Its such a nice looking kit even though it doesnt look too high tech comparing to the recently released Kyosho cars.
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

anyone knows where to get one? or knows someone that's selling one or knows someone with connect for this kit?
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Look under "Kyosho Superten" in ebay. There are several including this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-Super-Ten-10-SuperTen-HONDA-NSX-LM-GT1-Vintage-/250615347630?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Vehicle s&hash=item3a59d6b9ae

Pricey though!

The HPI Super Nitro RS4 a great alternative and much cheaper.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yea I was looking at that too. The prices is a bit pricy and also its a fw-03, I found one but at $629.90 + $71.10 for shipping is a bit crazy
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

anyone knows where to find one?
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4
Default

The FW-03 is much better than the FW-04
They both share same chassy but the wheels on FW-04 is way bigger..
and it is hard to find replacement tyre for it.. unless u willing to pay nearly $100AUS doller for a set of 4 each time(off ebay)...
the fw-03 can be use the HPI SNRS4 super size rims and tyre which they still avaible now and quite cheap...
i have 3 superten's in my show room... 1x FW-04 + 2x FW-03
one of my FW-03 is brand new never on road..
i just put them all togethere in last year and it store in the box since then..
it is a Porche GT1 SuperTen GP(FW-03)
comes with no engine ...
throw me an offer and it might be ur....
blackboykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RC Porn.....Kyosho Superten FW-04 nitro_dave spec

hard to find....tell me about it! i was always on the hunt for fw04 stuff, for 2 years i was collecting parts and accessories for the fw04 and finally i found a brand new FW-04 for $200 here in sydney! picked it up, built it with a combination of collected parts and what i had on my race fw-04 and built this beauty!

it has all sorts of goodies that you want on this car plus more!

* OS 4 stroke .26 with race pipe - good luck finding this with the conversion kit!
* kyosho hard chassis
* carbon top plate
* carbon steering plate
* special steering crank
* Ti turnbuckles with HD ball ends
* alloy shocks
* universals front and rear
* ball diffs front and rear
* stabilizer bars
* 2 speed with braking centre one way
* cooling fan - good luck finding one of these!
* special racing clutch - the 4 stroke melts through the standard clutch in 10mins. this eliminates the problem - good luck finding another!
* viscous coupler
* MIP boost bottle - not required, just looks good installed!

pics are sh!t i know, thats iphone quality! i will try get some good ones later with my digi cam.

oh, and btw, before you ask - its not for sale!
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho SuperTen FW-04-img_0343.jpg   Kyosho SuperTen FW-04-img_0344.jpg   Kyosho SuperTen FW-04-img_0345.jpg   Kyosho SuperTen FW-04-img_0346.jpg  
__________________
Kyosho Superten FW-04, O.S. 4 stroke conversion, fully optioned, shelf queen... my baby!
nitro dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

I wish this class would come back into popularity. I actually think I liked watching them race more than racing my own(HPI Super). I dunno, it seemed more realistic than the 1/10 touring class.

IMHO, big-block conversions and the resulting high horsepower big-block .15's killed the class. They were perfect with small-block .15's like the O.S CVR 15 and HPI's Nitro Star 15.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

The 4 stroke was the most reliable engine I ever raced with. Puts out the same power as the old cx12 os (.5 hp) put enough torque to pull Christ from the cross!!! I ran a 1 hr endurance race against another fw04 with a .15cvr and I ran consistent, no flame outs, 2 less fuel stops and the engine came off the track cool. The .15cvr was opposite.

This engine is about 6-7 years old, never rebuilt and still runs today! It doesn't get used often but still runs as normal.

If kyosho re-introduced the fw-04 class (would never happen) I would not hesitate running it again.
__________________
Kyosho Superten FW-04, O.S. 4 stroke conversion, fully optioned, shelf queen... my baby!
nitro dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboykit View Post
The FW-03 is much better than the FW-04
They both share same chassy but the wheels on FW-04 is way bigger..
and it is hard to find replacement tyre for it.. unless u willing to pay nearly $100AUS doller for a set of 4 each time(off ebay)...
the fw-03 can be use the HPI SNRS4 super size rims and tyre which they still avaible now and quite cheap...
i have 3 superten's in my show room... 1x FW-04 + 2x FW-03
one of my FW-03 is brand new never on road..
i just put them all togethere in last year and it store in the box since then..
it is a Porche GT1 SuperTen GP(FW-03)
comes with no engine ...
throw me an offer and it might be ur....
your fw-04 is for sale?
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro dave View Post
hard to find....tell me about it! i was always on the hunt for fw04 stuff, for 2 years i was collecting parts and accessories for the fw04 and finally i found a brand new FW-04 for $200 here in sydney! picked it up, built it with a combination of collected parts and what i had on my race fw-04 and built this beauty!

it has all sorts of goodies that you want on this car plus more!

* OS 4 stroke .26 with race pipe - good luck finding this with the conversion kit!
* kyosho hard chassis
* carbon top plate
* carbon steering plate
* special steering crank
* Ti turnbuckles with HD ball ends
* alloy shocks
* universals front and rear
* ball diffs front and rear
* stabilizer bars
* 2 speed with braking centre one way
* cooling fan - good luck finding one of these!
* special racing clutch - the 4 stroke melts through the standard clutch in 10mins. this eliminates the problem - good luck finding another!
* viscous coupler
* MIP boost bottle - not required, just looks good installed!

pics are sh!t i know, thats iphone quality! i will try get some good ones later with my digi cam.

oh, and btw, before you ask - its not for sale!
hands down to you sir. that is one sexy fw-04
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #14
Tech Adept
 
1smexyAP2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro dave View Post
The 4 stroke was the most reliable engine I ever raced with. Puts out the same power as the old cx12 os (.5 hp) put enough torque to pull Christ from the cross!!! I ran a 1 hr endurance race against another fw04 with a .15cvr and I ran consistent, no flame outs, 2 less fuel stops and the engine came off the track cool. The .15cvr was opposite.

This engine is about 6-7 years old, never rebuilt and still runs today! It doesn't get used often but still runs as normal.

If kyosho re-introduced the fw-04 class (would never happen) I would not hesitate running it again.
we should go on a strike!!! i think seeing the few of us screaming at the top of our lungs (BRING BACK FW-04) would get them to reconsider
1smexyAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo Finland
Posts: 1,492
Default

Very nice indeed!

Inferno GT2 is today's FW04
With proper gear you'll make it almost as sexy. There's are new parts available that make it a worthy onroad.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where to play RC on road in Putrajaya shokyo Malaysian R/C Racers 4321 04-30-2011 01:02 PM
REBUILDING A KYOSHO FW04 SUPERTEN thx-n 11 Nitro On-Road 22 11-20-2010 08:18 AM
Superten ONLY!!! segaff Singapore R/C Racers 71 09-11-2005 08:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0