Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami >

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Hey, they have to do something to make up for the 3 or 4 tenths they lost from not being able to use illegal fuel additives anymore
exactly
Old 04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is turning in to a real shame. Whoever walks away with the title will do so under the shadow of SaucerGate.

If it's not in the rule book it's not in the rule book. If EFRA or IFMAR have provisions to add/change or edit rulings at events by committee vote then that's fine...but I can't find THAT anywhere either.... If they are pulling this out of their ass because a bunch of people bitched because others were "saucing" then that's a big ole jar of weaksauce.

If they clearly put in the provision abut 1/10th and 1/5th about no saucing...then why in the HELL would you NOT add 1/8th to it AT THAT TIME. lames...all of em.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's good to know that there will be racing tomm.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Anybody no where I can buy this "magic sauce:" ? Every website I check is SOLD OUT!!! The cat is out of the bag...................now we know where the extra 4 tenths have been hiding. LMAO...............
It was supposed to be Paragon in Switzerland...LOL..just what I heard
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I little off the topic. I was told of a indicant that happened at a WC years ago where the pitcrew stepped on to the straight to refill the car on it's last pit stop to save time, rather driving down pit lane.

True or False....

Hence a rule change was introduced to stop it happening again.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wow secret sauce lol I tought only mcdonalds had this
Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From what has been said, it was quite clear no tyre tweaking was alowed, yet people did it anyway, right now the lack of a direct rule is simply being used as an excuse/justification, but it's like saying hey my pit man can throw a fuel bottle at the head of whoever is beating me, cause dude it's 'not' in the rules.

Will it spoil the event?, only if people continue to obsess over it, or bitch about how it is effecting things, write it off as a small group 'trying' to spoil an event, then don't let it spoil things, just race and be happy, and play fair.

Oh and thanks to all providing updates, it's great to read and keep up with things happening.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Eight pages on this tire sauce BS for today alone!

Did a bunch of electric guys invade this event?

What is it gonna be next? Controlled motors and pipes?

Just race and be done with it.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a question regarding this whole controversy...I have been trying to keep up on the whole situation just like everyone else and one thing keeps sticking out in my mind..

At what point do the big name companies (ie. Mugen, Serpent, Byrons..etc) step in and actually do something about this? Or do they just sit back and try to remain quiet and let IFMAR sort it out? The reason I ask is simple..being as this event is for all intents and purposes THE pinnacle event of R/C, don't the major players chime in to help it go off smoothly? Especially if their name is tied to the event such as the sponsors?

I have very little understanding of the 'blocks' that are spoken of..but I do realize that each manufacturer has drivers and/or teams within those blocks..do they reprimand drivers that are found to be 'playing in the grey area' of the rules? I understand that in this case there is no particular rule in the rulebook banning tire sauce (at least from what I've heard, I havent actually read a rulebook) but I thought I read that there was a very similar issue 2 years ago and they didnt allow it. Wouldnt it be correct to follow the same protocol that was issued at that event from the outset?

Also, given the current ruling..I agree with those that say the privateers are really getting the brunt of it in their pocketbooks. Isn't this a perfect opportunity for a major company to step in and perhaps gain some new customers by helping out? The only thing that I heard of something like that happening was J.C. offering to bring in enough sauce for everyone in attendance. I dunno, after following all of this..it just seems to me like the whole system is somewhat broken.

/shrug...not trying to beat a dead horse and mow it over with a tractor trailer...just trying to get a better understanding is all.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Eight pages on this tire sauce BS for today alone!

Did a bunch of electric guys invade this event?

What is it gonna be next? Controlled motors and pipes?

Just race and be done with it.
That's it...enough with the sauces have anyone noticed the performance of amazing Hara????It wasn't only driving but he walk into the pits at 4.40 for refueling and he finished the race...
Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SauceGate

I agree Boz ... IFMAR's fault

Why does IFMAR have a rule that they're either not capable or prepared to enforce? Yeah ... I've read about their "sniffer" being damaged in transit ... but come on ... Florida or surrounding states must have testing labs that when IFMAR discovered THEIR "sniffer" PROBLEM could have for a fee mobilized to solve THEIR problem. Asking the the 120 plus drivers to lose out on a third of their qualification runs because IFMAR didn't react and resolve the damaged "sniffer" issue probably discovered 6 or 7 days ago when the track opened for practice seems to me to be incredibly poor management. Sander de Graaf IFMAR IC Section Chairman in his Homestead, USA, 12th of April 2011 statement notes the $4k or $5k each participant have layed out to attend the event (120 X $5K = $600,000.00 … this is a big dollar event for a lot of businesses beside the hobby industry) and that "without them there is no World Championship". Now IFMAR is asking the participants that came prepared to race in a manor that complies with the rules and regulations set forth by IFMAR to "foot the bill" for THEIR screwup is ridiculous. Bottom line is IFMAR dropped the ball by not following through in providing a method to verify that the “no tire saucing rule” could be tested for and therefore enforced.

For some of these racers this shot at taking part in the 1/8 World Championship will be it ... eliminating a third of their event qualification track time due to IFMAR inaction is deplorable. Requiring this group to cover the financial cost of replacement wheels and tires for those that have prudently prepared by already truing their tires while potentially financially significant (potentially hundreds of dollars each to those without a tire sponsor), pales in comparison to the time and life experience lost on the track racing. Remember that this is a hobby to most and that their finishing position, while important, is secondary to the experience of being able to hang out and bench race with the best in the world. Being able to bench race memories of the event in the years to come … priceless!

The way to solve this ... IFMAR get a clue and get the equipment required on site to manage your rules and regulations!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
From what has been said, it was quite clear no tyre tweaking was alowed, yet people did it anyway, right now the lack of a direct rule is simply being used as an excuse/justification, but it's like saying hey my pit man can throw a fuel bottle at the head of whoever is beating me, cause dude it's 'not' in the rules.

Your analogy is not quite on point. True, throwing bottles at the heads of other people is not prohibited in the IFMAR rule books. But such actions are indeed prohibited in the general laws of the state of Florida. So if anyone decides to throw bottles at the head of people at this event, they will still face punishment consequences.

However, neither the state of Florida, nor the IFMAR rulebook, prohibit tire additive. So why should any driver be punished for "violating" a rule that doesn't even exist in the first place?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anymore word on this OS Speed engine?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
Your analogy is not quite on point. True, throwing bottles at the heads of other people is not prohibited in the IFMAR rule books. But such actions are indeed prohibited in the general laws of the state of Florida. So if anyone decides to throw bottles at the head of people at this event, they will still face punishment consequences.

However, neither the state of Florida, nor the IFMAR rulebook, prohibit tire additive. So why should any driver be punished for "violating" a rule that doesn't even exist in the first place?

I find that when people in power make bad calls often they will not admit it and will push there bad call until the end.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Anymore word on this OS Speed engine?
It's getting good mileage. They all seem to be going on just one stop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.