Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Yeah EA, kinda like the ROAR rulebook. All kinds of rules about being submitted by a date and available by a date, but all those rules can be changed, altered and/or supressed at any time depending on who needs the ruling in their favor.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I have no part in the ROAR rule book. Thats handled by the EXCOM members and found out about it the same time you did pretty much.

Speedos last year....batteries this year (and speedos AGAIN!)...next year probably something different! LOL

Missed you at the race.....Could have suffered right along with me! LOL

EA
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Is that statment correct, how is it that I am seeing Race 2/13 on LiveRC moving along right now ? Is that a delayed broadcast ?
1 round of controlled practice today. 4 rounds of qualifying the next 2 days.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the update, LiveRC does not clearly indicate if it is practice or qualifier
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I thought this was only a rumor
It is, and a wrong one to start with.

Keep trying!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
It is, and a wrong one to start with.

Keep trying!
Which part is just a rumor? Some racers saucing tires or some people want more traction?

All this is b@ll$hit! If there's no rule against traction compund, why are they enforcing a "no sauce" rule. Somebody explain this to me
Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Yeah EA, kinda like the ROAR rulebook. All kinds of rules about being submitted by a date and available by a date, but all those rules can be changed, altered and/or supressed at any time depending on who needs the ruling in their favor.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
On what lap will they be able to activate the KERS?

What about the Drag reduction system DRS?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bs rules are the same thing that is killing f1. Stop crying about tire sauce and race. The top drivers will beat the lesser drivers anyway so why does it matter. 1.4 liter 4 cylinder turbo in f1 really!!!!! Lol what's next brushless motors with lipo batteries and boost!!! this is the f1 class of Rc stop crying and race. This class should have limited rules.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MackanG
At last years 1/10 200mm EC in Gothenburg, Sweden, EFRA said that they had a "sniffer". When racers wanted to test their tires EFRA said that they didn't have it with them.
According to info on this forum, IFMAR is now saying that there sniffer got broken in transit to the US.
Has any racer ever seen this piece of equipment?

Best
Mackan
I saw it used quite a bit at the 1/10th nitro WC in Texas.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

2008 ISTC same had problems ,
after 3 qualify said change rules ,
4/6 to 3/6 , & can buy more tires set to race !
Final need buy a new control tire !
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tire story

In order to stop all the accusations, and rumours about IFMAR's decisions, i will publish here the official IFMAR statement concerning this matter.
It is also NOT true that drivers have not been warned, an official writing from the Chairman was send out to all the blocs, with a warning of severe punishment. If the Blocs did not communicate this to their federations/drivers, it says a lot about their internal communication....

Here is the statement:
IFMAR INTERNATIONAL JURY DECISION
Homestead, USA, 12th of April 2011
Earlier this year a message was send to the blocs regarding tire treatment in 1/8th Scale IC Track.
Tire treatment must not be allowed. Like in the IFMAR rules for 1/10th and 1/5th.. This was also discussed in Pattaya last year, but forgotten to be implemented in the rules..
Yesterday April 11th this was discussed once more between the blocs during a meeting. Everybody is still in agreement that tire treatment is a bad development for the sport and must not be allowed..
Unfortunately there are a few additives on the market, almost impossible to detect with equipment on the track. The only way to get confirmation about treatment with those additives is by sending them to a lab.
Yesterday we received a protest from one USA driver against the spraying of the tires, which was not accepted.
Today we received another protest from Italy showing that a few brands of tires is suffering of glue getting affected, causing the rings of the tire to split.
The Italian protest was also offering help in setting up a controlled tire area. Because of the possible implications of this protest the race was stopped.
After discussions within the IFMAR International Jury and with the drivers the following has been agreed with a majority vote.
• Tire treatment is forbidden.
• Today Tuesday 12th, we will not run qualifying rounds. Tuesday afternoon we will run 1-6 and 13 till 7 starting from 14.45 hours as practice
• A controlled tire area will be set up for Qualifying starting at Wednesday. A total of 4 rounds of Qualifying will be run on the remaining Wednesday/Thursday if weather permits.
• The controlled tire Area will be located near the Technical inspection Area.
• Drivers are advised to bring their tires at least 1 hour before their heat to the officials. Tires must be “new”, out of the box, not trued. Minimum diameter 66mm front and 74mm rear. This will be checked and noted.
• They can be trued in the controlled Area to the right size and have to given back to the officials who will check them again and put them in a plastic back with their registration number and heat number.
• They will be stored in boxes with the heat number.
• You can put a maximum of 10 tires in a bag.
• Tires not used stay in the bag and will be available for the next round.
• This box will be available in the controlled pit area when the heat is due to run.
• The checking and controlling in the controlled tire area will be done by IFMAR officials, or appointed IFMAR officials.

Note,
It is very sad to see that tire treatment is available, even here on the track by drivers who know on forehand that it could not be used.
They have gambled and hoped that it would be allowed due to the none availability of detecting equipment.
It is even sadder that this small group of drivers is responsible for the delays that now have occurred.
In the past a small group of drivers was also the reason we had to make a decision on the use of controlled fuel, because drivers were cheating.
Now this group might be responsible for the introduction of a controlled tire in the future.
An IFMAR World Championship has 150 till 180 drivers. The majority of them being an amateur, who has to pay 4000 till 5000 USD to run in such an event. Without them there is no World Championship. This small group of so called professional drivers should realize this.
Sander de Graaf
IFMAR IC Section Chairman.

I hope this will give a positive contribution to the debate. It would be a pity to see the WC won by a chemical aid...

Willy Wuyts EFRA/IFMAR Liason officer
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rs01
yes, EFRA's sniffer has been borrowed from the Italians and this year I thing they bought one just like that one...
But the problem is that it doesnt detect all the sauces, so it's pretty much useless. The only solution is to allow the additive or to allow just one kind of tyre for everyone, like fuel, kept in a secured place off course....
Not really, All tire additives do share 1 same component to make it work, all other components are making the specs of the product. They do sniffer to that one component
Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer
Haven't you been reading? There is no racing today thanks to saucegate.

This word will be reminded forever!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Additives

Roelof....not all additives are "tire" additives, therefore, they do NOT all share the same "common" ingredient. That being said, they may all provide added grip though.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
What I heard is that Pietsch, Hara, and the Xray team were caught with sauced tires.

The same Pietsch that mentioned on RedRC he was anoyed he was accussed on this matter?....

Well, if in the next rounds of qualifing he will not be at the top, I know enough...

Last edited by M7H; 04-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by willy wuyts
In order to stop all the accusations
Willy, bedankt.
En jammer dat dit het evenement overschaduwd!....
Wanneer kom je weer eens langs op de Nederlandse banen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.