Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
radio questions >

radio questions

radio questions

Old 05-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default radio questions

I just need to know if JR and Hitec radio systems are interchangable. I want to use a new JR radio/reciever with hitec servos, any issues with this?
Also i might also use a JR reciever with a Hitec radio/servos in another car.

is any of this possible?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: radio questions

Originally posted by bleach1
I just need to know if JR and Hitec radio systems are interchangable. I want to use a new JR radio/reciever with hitec servos, any issues with this?
Also i might also use a JR reciever with a Hitec radio/servos in another car.

is any of this possible?
i use hitec servos with my JR-R1 radion with no problem.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Radios and Recievers

ok .. best advice is to use a JR radio with a JR reciever or an aftermarket reciever that was designed for a JR radio and so forth ... just looking at my Novak Xxtra recievers ... JR radios and Hitec radios modulate the data between the radio and reciever differently so that wont work ... I personaly stay with the radio and the reciever of the same brand or a reciever from an after market manufacure designed for that radio ... I have all crystalless equipment right now ... ( Airtronics M8 with switch module and Novak Xxtra recievers ) ... but I would not recomend mixing and matching radio and reciever brands like your question states .. too many problems can crop up ...

now servos on the other hand .. so long as the wires from the servo are set to match the outputs of your reciever then any servo will work with just about any reciever .. the exceptions being some of the older Airtronics recievers I think you had to switch the red and black wires or something to make it work on another brands reciever ... and then some KOPropo servos require an extra wire to a higher voltage source the fet series of servos I believe ... but other than that if the wiring matches any servo should be able to work with any reciever ... I have Airtronics servos .. Futaba servos .. Hitec servos ... JR servos ... Traxxas servos ( I think relabeled futabas ) .. so just match the wiring ... if you dont know how or arent sure take it to your local hobby shop and they will most likely give you a hand ...

have fun racing

E

Last edited by roddude65; 05-23-2004 at 05:42 PM.