Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NEW Mugen MTX-3 PROSPEC!! worth the money to get??? >

NEW Mugen MTX-3 PROSPEC!! worth the money to get???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Mugen MTX-3 PROSPEC!! worth the money to get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 08:33 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcmike
In the process of Building my prospec this last w/e and once again mugen does excellent work on making everything fit together right and snug.Only dis-appointment if you call it that is the rear bar is black and not chrome Well worth my money to run on a big track"
I agree. Mugen's fit & finish is among the best
Old 05-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The lastest will not alway be the greatest. Yes, the Mtx-3 might be a older car then the 710 but I know many other peoples for sure will still take the Mtx-3 over it in this forum. Pretty soon Serpent will release a newer version of the 710. If everybody buy the 710 because is newer then who is going to buy the Mtx-3? But to me any car can win, it mostly depend on the driver and the car set-up. If you have a crappy driver with a 710 that worth about $1000 and a good driver with a $500 Mtx-3 still can beat the 710. Mugen could of updated the Mtx-3 with the Prospec coming out but instead they kept the same spec and just included better parts for the Mtx-3, that probably tell you something that there car is good enough that does not need update for right now. Since the Prospec just came out I can guranteed it will still take a while for them to release the Mtx-4. Also I don't think that guys in here that bought the Prospec or the 710 wasted there money because I'm pretty sure is worth every cents. Soon there will be a bet
I had a 710, and now i bought the MTX3, why? because I tryed an MTX3 and it worked for me. The car is 3 years old, (something i didnt know until now) but keep in mind that the although the 710 is new, not everything that shines is gold !

As far as an MRX4..? they are still working in the MTX4, I think it will be a while before they make a MTX4.

Honestly, I would research MTX3 vrs Serpent 710 and buy which ever car you like best based on features and looks. I think the MTX3 has a better layout compared the 710, its more like an 8th scale; IT IS STRONGER. The 710 is made out of glass.

good luck
Old 05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default --

Good point!

Hope other would contribute to this thread... Also want to hear their ideas...

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:57 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: --

Originally posted by Titan
Good point!

Hope other would contribute to this thread... Also want to hear their ideas...

Thanks.
I would suggest that if you are beginner, the MTX-3 will be a better choice for you. Even if you are an expert, that car will work excellent for you as well.

About the 710, it is not as beginner friendly. But if you are an expert, same thing goes, it will work perfect for you.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Suspended

just go with the prospec the mtx-3 has proven itself enough times even though its an old car it can still "hang" with the newer competition
Old 05-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

MTX-3 is my choice. Whether you buy the prospec or not, it's a great car. The parts availability is better (& cheaper). The car handles very well.... plus you can use the Integy setup gauges with it....which in my opinion are the best ones out there. Why buy plastic when you can have the cool purple aluminum? The last two big races out here, people were complaining about both the 710 and the 950 Serpent cars.....with the main opinion being that they were going back to Mugen. That says plenty right there.