R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Questions?? RTR Recommendations

I am a total noob when it comes to Nitro On Road cars. I wanted to get a good car that I can learn from and has to be RTR since my knowledge is limited and wanted an all inclusive package from the get go. I plan on bashing in open lots and possibly want the ability to race later on down the road. I want to spend between $300-$500 Iíve done some research and listed below seems to be what people are going with from a RTR perspective. From what Iíve been able to gather the OFNA looks like the best bang for the buck as its 1/8 scale and possibly easier to drive but I donít see many people running it. I am concerned about getting parts and support. The Rs4 Evo 3+ seems to be very popular but maybe not as durable and limited in hop ups. The Nitro TC3+ is another choice similar to the Rs4 Evo 3+ but not sure about parts availability for that one as well. The Inferno, people seem to have mix reviews on the build quality/engine and is the most expensive. In the end, I rather spend more upfront to get a car that can take more abuse, easier to drive, and something that I wonít have to hunt down parts and bodies downI know a lot of guys run the more high end Mugen MTX4-R and Xray NT-1 but I cant afford that and they donít come RTR. Probably overkill for what I need anyway.

Any suggestions/feedback will be much appreciated.

RTR Options:
Kyosho Inferno GT 1 or 2
TA nitro TC3+
HPI Rs4 EVo 3+
bent98 is offline   Reply With Quote