Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Inferno GT2

Just bought this and I can't get the motor to run. First it would start after alot of pulls, then it would idle but stall after acceleration, I barely managed to get a tank through it on idle. Then it won't start. Cooled it down. tried again, no start. I noticed the fuel would not stay in the line after I put in a fuel filter and new lines (longer)So I changed the fuel line back to the stock line, got it running well enough to run around the parking lot, but since I forgot my temp gun, I shut it down. Then, back to square one, no start. Ended up braking the pull start. so...I changed out the motor with an Axial Spec 1 that I had in a truggy. Using stock fuel line and the Thunder Tiger pipe attached to it, It started and i was able to run it on the pavement for a tank. Then the problem re surfaced when I changed pipes to the Kyosho unit. Couldn't start it and get it to idle. Changed fuel lines, using the line that were originally on the Axial motor when it was in the truggy. No luck. i since replaced the pipe again to see if that makes a diff but I haven't run it as yet. Question is (after this rant), has anyone run into this kind of issue with the Inferno? For an RTR, I haven't been R'ing much with this, real frustrating. I changed plugs as well to no avail. Can the pipe be bad to the point where it cannot produce the pressure to keep fuel flowing? I'm at a loss......
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Check with the guys on this forum:

http://infernogt.proboards.com/
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squid929
Question is (after this rant), has anyone run into this kind of issue with the Inferno? For an RTR, I haven't been R'ing much with this, real frustrating. I changed plugs as well to no avail. Can the pipe be bad to the point where it cannot produce the pressure to keep fuel flowing? I'm at a loss......
Any help would be appreciated.
Answer is yes.....

The stock pipe is garbage. I experienced the same thing and once I switched out pipes, it was like night and day. Also I've see on some, not all, the o-rings on the carb-o-rator (get it) are cheap like the pipe and make starting, tunning and engine break-in a nightmare. I switched them all out.

Get a black marker and make few marks on your Hs and Ls needles to see if they are moving.

Address these two issuse and you should have smooth sailing from there......(well at leaste untill the tranny issues creep up)
Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Changing to short chassis

Anybody have the part numbers for the front and rear center shafts for the GT1? Also do I need to change anything else to convert?