Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New to nitro and onroad racing, what spare parts do I want to have for my Inferno GT2 >

New to nitro and onroad racing, what spare parts do I want to have for my Inferno GT2

New to nitro and onroad racing, what spare parts do I want to have for my Inferno GT2

Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New to nitro and onroad racing, what spare parts do I want to have for my Inferno GT2

Hello there guys,
I'm just getting into both nitro and onroad racing. I have a Inferno GT2. Which spare parts do you guys recommend I have with me in case something happens out on the track of raceday? Any help would be great and thank you!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Get the DBR9 shaped front bumper from KA
http://www.shopkyosho.com/products/p...0001/410.0.1.1
It will save you in most crashes. A-arms are good to have just in case. Hinge pins are a bit soft but can be bent back if get twisted.

Think of the new IGW-008 tranny, but if you stick with the stock tranny, get the B-version of the hi-speed gear set for a spare.

Setup your tranny to change very early, the 1st gear is just for the take off; this will make your stock tranny last a fair time.

That's it basically.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I already have the new tranny. Havnt put it in yet, but I have it. Just got new servos and LiFe batteries. Already have the arms on the list to get. Will add hinge pins too. Thank you for your help!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

No problem! Maybe some body posts, too, if you decide to flip your car often ;-)

Oh yeah, an onroad racing air filter with an INS-BOX is something to consider, too. Insbox prevents the dirt being pushed into your engine on high speeds. It will also keep your filter clean if the track isn't. This depends on your track conditions naturally.

Stock tires are not suitable for racing, get Ipanema's or GRP's instead. Alternatively GT foams and some traction control additive, that should give you an awesome grip
Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rooster88
Hello there guys,
I'm just getting into both nitro and onroad racing. I have a Inferno GT2. Which spare parts do you guys recommend I have with me in case something happens out on the track of raceday? Any help would be great and thank you!
I upgraded my brake pads to KYGTW324 and I really like the braking action I get now. I understand that this part # is being phased out and that KYGTW330 is the replacement part. This upgrade will prevent the brake fade that happens after you have gotten the brake really hot.

Also in additions to tires, Ipanema makes a foam bumper cut to fit the Corvette and McLaren F1 body that will help extend body life.

Get wheel nuts kyifw106 because it is only a matter of time before you loose one. Also get more KYIG110B gear sets so that you can replace 2nd gear when it strips.

Welcome to GT racing.

Lee
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to mention that I have also done the brake and swaybars upgrade. I've gotta few sets of Ipanema 45s as well.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

extra wheel nuts and loctite.

Loctite every metal to metal screw. Especially the hub carriers. A dab of loctite will help keep the wheel nuts in place. I've seen racing days end without a spare wheel nut.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, get the serrated AKA wheel nuts. They don't come loose - ever
Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I upgraded my brake pads to KYGTW324 and I really like the braking action I get now. I understand that this part # is being phased out and that KYGTW330 is the replacement part. This upgrade will prevent the brake fade that happens after you have gotten the brake really hot.

Also in additions to tires, Ipanema makes a foam bumper cut to fit the Corvette and McLaren F1 body that will help extend body life.

Get wheel nuts kyifw106 because it is only a matter of time before you loose one. Also get more KYIG110B gear sets so that you can replace 2nd gear when it strips.

Welcome to GT racing.

Lee
Good job Lee, Thanks for all the help with this class, I got my tires today, men that was fast shipping and i will run it this weekend , I'll let you know what's up'

Johnny
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what's the street price nowadays for inferno gt2? kyosho dropped great planes as distributor for almost 8 years and their parts support has not been that great.