Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Ok, here are a few questions I'm sure are already answered in some thread or another. Looking for the latest info and RCer's/Racer's thoughts & opinions;

1. Convert an RR to an Evo, or build an Evo [new] kit?

2. Go from an RR straight to an RRR, or use the Evo as a stepping stone in Kyosho's evolution [no pun intended, really]?

3. Keep with the V1 series or try/convert/jump to the FW05?

4. How far is the RRR from becoming available?

5. If you're satisfied with your kit [assuming upgrades achieve minimal or indistinguishable gains], get the latest/next generation kit or stay until parts availability becomes an issue?

6. Keep up with the latest and greatest kit when competing at the club level, or higher, if what you have is still competitive or stick with your kit and upgrade parts as needed?

7. How many spare(s) parts are enough? Enough for: a complete kit rebuild, suspension/rolling chasis parts, electronics, engine & exhaust?

8. How loyal do you stay [to your manufacturer] when a another company comes out with a superior [lighter, stronger, tougher, stabler/better handling] kit?
Note: Sponsored drivers should answer this question at your own discretion [consider your agreements carefully, if applicable, or answer frankly].

Looking forward to the responses. I'm sure they will be very diverse, opinionated [and some with strong convictions], as well as interesting and fun/funny.

Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

I'll opt for none of these, but MTX-4.

regards,

Originally posted by Tom G
Ok, here are a few questions I'm sure are already answered in some thread or another. Looking for the latest info and RCer's/Racer's thoughts & opinions;

1. Convert an RR to an Evo, or build an Evo [new] kit?

2. Go from an RR straight to an RRR, or use the Evo as a stepping stone in Kyosho's evolution [no pun intended, really]?

3. Keep with the V1 series or try/convert/jump to the FW05?

4. How far is the RRR from becoming available?

5. If you're satisfied with your kit [assuming upgrades achieve minimal or indistinguishable gains], get the latest/next generation kit or stay until parts availability becomes an issue?

6. Keep up with the latest and greatest kit when competing at the club level, or higher, if what you have is still competitive or stick with your kit and upgrade parts as needed?

7. How many spare(s) parts are enough? Enough for: a complete kit rebuild, suspension/rolling chasis parts, electronics, engine & exhaust?

8. How loyal do you stay [to your manufacturer] when a another company comes out with a superior [lighter, stronger, tougher, stabler/better handling] kit?
Note: Sponsored drivers should answer this question at your own discretion [consider your agreements carefully, if applicable, or answer frankly].

Looking forward to the responses. I'm sure they will be very diverse, opinionated [and some with strong convictions], as well as interesting and fun/funny.

Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Ok here's my 2 cents.

If you are staying loyal to Kyosho and wanted latest and fastest, money no object. Get the FWO5. Everybody that I know that has one loves it.

If you want to stay on the V one R series. Like I did. The RR Evo is the most up to date. Now there's a RRR (not out yet). With Mods done to the V one RR Evo it's pretty much a TANK. I've upgraded to the Mugen Rear End (similar to the new RRR) and will add a new lower CG tank to my car (RRR has a new tank) added the Mugen Reciever Protector to my Evo also. Hey my V one RR Evo looks like my MTX-3. But if you have time the RRR will be out soon. As for the MTX-4 that's a blur to me. Maybe ETW (EddietheFish). Knows the release date. I love my MTX-3.. The Kyosho V one R series there cars have been always good to me. Good support and here on the west coast very competitive. And for spares and parts a few extra chasis and front and rear bulkheads can't hurt. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

If you want to be competative only run one car. The FW-05 out of the box is as good as my Evo fully hoped. Lately with a few improvements its getting better. I still have an issue with low top speed but am working on it.

If you want to be reliable geta full spare car with engine and radio. This will save on spares

V1RR-Evo
V1RRR
FW-05
MTX3
MTX4
R40
S 710
NTC3............etc........

Pick a car and go for it!!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Here are my Two Snake Tamers......
Attached Thumbnails V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general-dsc00168.jpg  
Old 05-08-2004, 11:24 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Originally posted by Tom G

Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
IMO, there is absolutely no point in staying loyal to a company. For me, whatever company has a much better car, I will go for it.

Brand loyalty will prohibit the racer from learning more and new things.

my $0.02
Old 05-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Interesting repsonses so far. Time to give my own.

I'm actually planning an Evo conversion for my RR [my budget decided this]. However, if the 3R is coming out soon, I may just wait. I believe the lowered CG is a must, but I can't see that much of a gain, if at all, from the sounds of the posts [from the Evo to the 3R]. Most of my spares will work, so no real worries there for right now. Kyosho on-road parts are difficult to find/acquire off the internet. Thank ingenuity for the net! LOL

I'm curious of the FW05, but really enjoy the set-up/layout of the V1 series [enough to stick with it, until I have the opportunity to run/buy one and then fall in love with it]. My V1s are safe for now; don't know anyone with one to try and can't afford one anytime soon! LOL

It's almost an even split at the local tracks; people will either run/race a specific manufacturer's kits and are very loyal, could care less what they run or it varies depending on vehicle classes [they run a specific company's 1/10 200mm touring and a different make for 235mm, etc., etc., ...]. I was looking for thoughts on this outside the local club scenes. I would go with Serpent or Mugen if I ever decided or had an opportunity [$$$] to go to another make for on-road nitro whether it was 200mm touring or higher classes. Confession: I'll be stuck with 200mm touring for a while-no rising up the class ladder of nitro racing anytime soon! LOL

I do like Kyosho for nitro on-road. I like Losi stadium trucks, Hudy chasis' for indoor electric carpet, and think that AEs and HPIs monster trucks were better designed [from T-Maxx's example] than the T-Maxx. The T-Maxx has been around forever and evolved very well. 1/8 buggies are completely unfamiliar to me, but I do see Kanaiis as very popular. As you can tell from my answer, no sponsors here to worry about! Well, except for da wife! LOL

As far as spares, I try to keep a complete set for repairs [literally an un-built car and all its components] and like to keep a back-up car as well. Nothing ruins a day like not being able to complete the event or leaving early, but then again, I usually can't afford both [I'll sell the back-up or forget to replace the used spare, or both]. My middle name should be "no luck" as often as I brake or things go wrong. LOL

Thanks for your time, answers and opinions!

Keep 'em coming.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Here are my Two Snake Tamers......
Nice cars!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Originally posted by B
IMO, there is absolutely no point in staying loyal to a company. For me, whatever company has a much better car, I will go for it.

Brand loyalty will prohibit the racer from learning more and new things.

my $0.02
I can appreciate your point of view, but you gotta admit, it's cheaper to stock one manufacturer's parts [because of interchangeable/multiple-car parts] than a set for each different car.

I started with a V1S, modified it [almost an RR with the exception of the drive train layout]. Bought an RR and made the V1S a back-up; most parts will fit either kit.

That's me trying to save my $.02 while spending $500! LOL
Old 05-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Originally posted by eddiethefish
I'll opt for none of these, but MTX-4.

regards,
You cracked me up!

^5
Old 05-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Suspended

Im going to wait for the new VoneRRR to make my decision im between s710 and VoneRRR at the moment I love Kyosho
Old 05-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

If you want to stay in the kyosho, go with the fw 05r, supposed to be amazing, and josh cyrul is running it so its got to be half decent If you want to stay with something along the lines of the v1 series, i would also suggest the tm g4, its basically the same thing as the v1s except much more refined and a lot of the parts are interchangeable!
My $100 lol
bballer
Old 05-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by bballer
If you want to stay in the kyosho, go with the fw 05r, supposed to be amazing, and josh cyrul is running it so its got to be half decent If you want to stay with something along the lines of the v1 series, i would also suggest the tm g4, its basically the same thing as the v1s except much more refined and a lot of the parts are interchangeable!
My $100 lol
bballer
How diffrent is the FW05 [solid drive shaft] from the V1S/R/RR/Evo series [belt driven]?

Driving style affect performance [like everywhere else]?