Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Also, How often do you replace clutch shoe, centrifugal shoe and the shoe for 2 speed ? I have ran 2 gallons so far and have not changed any of them?
I removed the clutch set and 2 speed but they did not show much in wear off.

Originally Posted by US_MATRIX
Can someone tell me what is the difference between Standard Clutch shoe and Red Clutch shoe? The option Red shoe costs almost double.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what is the difference between Standard Clutch shoe and Red Clutch shoe? The option Red shoe costs almost double. Thanks.
When you say "standard clutch shoe," I assume you mean the gray shoe. They are both good shoes. The red shoe is softer and will give you a very different clutch response from the gray shoe.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Also, How often do you replace clutch shoe, centrifugal shoe and the shoe for 2 speed ? I have ran 2 gallons so far and have not changed any of them?
I removed the clutch set and 2 speed but they did not show much in wear off.
It all depends on your setup and driving style. I know some guys can go thru clutch shoes in a race, but myself, they will last for several races once I get it tuned correctly. I've never replaced my centrifugal shoes this year... maybe I should have but if it works, don't fix it. Now 2-speed shoes can also go quickly depending on when you have it setup to engage. I went through two this season. You'll notice inconsistent gear shifts and/or no shifting at all. Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone know where you can order the yellow rim GRP tires like you saw on the mugen cars at the worlds?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bmcallister
Anyone know where you can order the yellow rim GRP tires like you saw on the mugen cars at the worlds?
Sorry but the yellow wheels were just for the Worlds.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger
Sorry but the yellow wheels were just for the Worlds.
Has anyone tried dying the rims? I remember we use to do this in oval back in the ole days. I didnt effect the foam then, of course you werent running the speeds of a 1/8 either.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default MRX-4 setup for Kissimmee

Per some requests, here's my MRX-4 setup for Kissimmee.

http://www.rollcenterproducts.com/MR...Kissimmee.html

Old 10-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Dose anyone know if somebody is making a front belt tensioner for the mrx 4. My front belt seems to last about a day running at rams club. Is anyone else have this problem, or is it becouse the track is alittle rough or is it me?

I also herd that someone used the after market tensioner for the evolva, and made it fit the mrx 4. Has anyone else herd this?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerboyseven
Dose anyone know if somebody is making a front belt tensioner for the mrx 4. My front belt seems to last about a day running at rams club. Is anyone else have this problem, or is it becouse the track is alittle rough or is it me?

I also herd that someone used the after market tensioner for the evolva, and made it fit the mrx 4. Has anyone else herd this?
I too had this problem. I put a thin washer under the front of the mid bearing block, one on each screw. No more problems.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

what does this do? Does this twist the belt alittle thus putting alittle tension on it?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerboyseven
what does this do? Does this twist the belt alittle thus putting alittle tension on it?
It tightens the belt a little by moving the shaft further away. It does not twist the belt if you use the same size washer on each side.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am about to put an engine on ebay, but before i do so, i figure i would put it up here first. i am selling a novamega evo6 novarossi engine. it is the same design as the novarossi 321p's (the latest 8 port engine novarossi makes). i had a 1/8th scale but my track went out of business and i never got to run it. the engine was run for one tank. i started the break in for one tank with the car on the starter box. i had to leave and could not finish it. actually jauquin desoto (distributor for mugen) was the one who performed the one tank of starting to break it in. the engine still needs the full break in since only one tank of fuel has been through it. i paid $500 for it. i will sell for $300. i just want to get rid of it, since i do not have a 1/8th car. it is a very good engine. you can email me to [email protected] or call me at 305.807.9529. thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default washers

Quote!! I too had this problem. I put a thin washer under the front of the mid bearing block, one on each screw. No more problems.

what thickness are the washers you used thanks Peter
Old 11-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

The mrx-4 has a lot of steering. I had these a month ago. And somebody set up "AL" 1 degree out, And after my tire and caster swap, I was cuttung through the turns carrying a lots of speed. What impresses me most about these car is watching body react to the suspension movements keeping downforce in the car. Its really cool.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

On the track, The car is rigid and doesn't exhibit any tweaking after i crash hard, flying and somebody hit me too hehehe but it cool. The chassis is a very strong slab of aluminum and suffered only minor scratches lol on its bottom after im driving on Sun Vally Speedway course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.