Mugen MRX-4

Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
BTW, I never driven 8th either.
so we are in the same boat then!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

anybody here have a suggestion for a decent motor. nothing ballistic, just a good solid motor that's dependable
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well I had some practice with one, but this Mugen is my own car to drive. It's been a while, but I learn fast. The engine I got is a Novarossi Top PT21 Sp1. It's old, but makes pretty good power. The RB S7c is a good engine and reliable, but powerwise it's quite slow. Browse around for Novarossi .21s and check the Rexs and Tops also. As for RB, they are all quite expensive so forget about those. You might be able to find a Novamega Evo engine around somewhere, but don't go with those ZXwhatever .21 engines. People haven't been having the best of luck when running them.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

what servos are good for this car?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

I use a hitec 625MG (94oz torque@ .15sec) for throttle and a JR 650MG (140oz torque @.17sec) for steering. That works great.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I use a hitec 625MG (94oz torque@ .15sec) for throttle and a JR 650MG (140oz torque @.17sec) for steering. That works great.
thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Pretty much you'd want over 100oz for steering at atleast 90 oz for throttle. For transit time definately .17 and over.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pretty much you'd want over 100oz for steering at atleast 90 oz for throttle. For transit time definately .17 and over.
why do you need the .17 or higher for the steering?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

It's an 8th onroad car. Especially when your on the track you definately want something fast. Anything less that .17transit time is too slow. You can get way with it for a nitro sedan, but the way these cars accelerate, the faster the better.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's an 8th onroad car. Especially when your on the track you definately want something fast. Anything less that .17transit time is too slow. You can get way with it for a nitro sedan, but the way these cars accelerate, the faster the better.
i thought .10 time is faster than .17... so i thought the .17 is a slow servo.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Sry, anything lower than .17 would be faster. lol. Lil mixer upper there. Mine is ok for right now, but under racing you may want something faster especially if you spin out and have to get right back into action or dodge someone/something.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default motor for your 8th scale

hey Joe, i have a rbc5 in my mrx4 it is modified and this motor is as fast as any that i've run against. i have only had the car a few months but am now used to the speed and the handling it is awesome and you sedan driving will improve alot. i don't understand why harkonnend would have two pictures of rb motors under his name and tell you their expensive and to forget about them. i have three rb motors in three years and they all still run and the worst thing is a crankshaft bearing that has gone bad. if you had the money for the car then buy any motor you want just don't go cheapor low on power. it better to have the power when you need it then not having it when you can handle it. I also race in florida so we will bump into each other sometime.

ps buy a nova based motor so when you want some real power and durability you can get a Palmaris brb piston and sleeve set
www.Palmarisracing.com Peter
Old 06-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Engines

RB C5 is an excellent engine and price competitive with any other,Rody Roem has been one of the most innovative designers in rc cars,innovations have carried over to all the factory motors in one form or another.While I run max power and Murnan I can't knock a thing he's done or is doing.Another alternative would be a good R1WC kangaroo motor that you can still find new at attractive pricing.All of the P series novarossis are also good choices.Like any form of racing you pay for speed,you are better off to detune a race motor then drag up a dog.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
hey Joe, i have a rbc5 in my mrx4 it is modified and this motor is as fast as any that i've run against. i have only had the car a few months but am now used to the speed and the handling it is awesome and you sedan driving will improve alot. i don't understand why harkonnend would have two pictures of rb motors under his name and tell you their expensive and to forget about them. i have three rb motors in three years and they all still run and the worst thing is a crankshaft bearing that has gone bad. if you had the money for the car then buy any motor you want just don't go cheapor low on power. it better to have the power when you need it then not having it when you can handle it. I also race in florida so we will bump into each other sometime.

ps buy a nova based motor so when you want some real power and durability you can get a Palmaris brb piston and sleeve set
www.Palmarisracing.com Peter
thanks peter for the advice. i just picked up a novamega evo6. it is an 8 port engine. serpent came out with this engine right before they cut ties with novarossi. so it is the new style engine, 8 port. it is the MS edition, and has a lot of work done to it. maybe a lot of this is standard to a .21 engine, but it has the epoxy in the crank, the crank has a tear drop, it has cuts on the ports. i got it brand new, never ever ran, not one drop of fuel in it. i am going to get one more motor, so i can have one as a backup. i am still deciding, but i am thinking now of getting a nova 321p, top 321p, rex 321p, or a rb... we will see. see you at the races next season. by the way, what is your last name. i probably have seen you around. mine is chaplow.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trashcar
RB C5 is an excellent engine and price competitive with any other,Rody Roem has been one of the most innovative designers in rc cars,innovations have carried over to all the factory motors in one form or another.While I run max power and Murnan I can't knock a thing he's done or is doing.Another alternative would be a good R1WC kangaroo motor that you can still find new at attractive pricing.All of the P series novarossis are also good choices.Like any form of racing you pay for speed,you are better off to detune a race motor then drag up a dog.
thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.