Originally posted by bleach1
Hi, i have just started racing 1:8th scale with my mrx4 and basically just want to get a list of spares to keep for this car so i dont get stuck on race day. Can some people just give me a list what parts they have had to have from racing damage/crashes to the mrx4???
The only thing that I've had to change were the belts. Occasionally you will ose a front belt if you crash on throttle, and I had a rear one go when I got stuck in a grass infield and gave too much throttle. I haven't had to replace anything else due to crash damage. So here would be my reccomendation, progress down the list as far as the budget allows:
1. 2 front belts, 1 side and 1 rear belt and pulley set (usually when a belt goes you should replace related pulleys)
2. spare spur gears, prefferably two of each.
3. 1 pair of front and rear uprights.
4. 1 pair of front and rear lower arms
5. 1 pair of front and rear upper arms
6. brake bracket set (includes front mounting point for rear upper a-arm.
7. 1 pair of front and rear bulkheads
8. front cv axle set
9. rear dogbones
10. inner drive adaptor (what connects your front cvd's to your front one-way axle
11. spare shock shaft
12. cluth thrust bearing and spare clutch shoe
Hope this helps