Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

I see there are aluminum pullies there, are those included or Kawahara units?
Smitty
Thanks for the pics, you are just killing the rest of us that don't have one yet, but keep them coming!!
Old 08-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

do you mean the Pulley housing? It's Mugen stock.

Originally posted by smitty
I see there are aluminum pullies there, are those included or Kawahara units?
Smitty
Thanks for the pics, you are just killing the rest of us that don't have one yet, but keep them coming!!
Old 08-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

I guess I should look closer next time, same as the MRX3. Plastic pullies, but still works.
Smitty
Old 08-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default GT-4

Are the belts {Frt,rear and side} the same part # as the mrx3 ?? Thank You""
Old 08-15-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default GT-4

Thanks for the pics keep us posted how it goes please.

Sure looks nice. Does it goes well together? Looks like the plastic is indeed different from the mrx3.
The wheelbase is it adjustable with casterclips? And how is the
adjustable (height) front upper arm mount?
Old 08-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Hi rcmike - Yeah, the belts are exactly the same. The entire clutch is also the same. i guess almost everything else i seen so far is different. Will keep you posted once i get to the part when i'm almost finish fixing the kit

Hi Herbie, yes, the front wheel base is adjusted by castor clips, 3mm (caster clips) on the lower arms and 7mm on the upper. The plastic parts are a good fit, no need for any smoothing with sand paper or anything.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by smitty

Hi smitty, yeah, that was the intention Just kidding.

I just wanted to share with everyone else what the new MRX4 is like in case for those who are planning to get one and also since the mugen website hasn't put up any other details yet.

cheers
Old 08-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Just come back from the track with the new MRX4, here's something to share:

Assembly:

Everything fits like a glove, and I don't need to use a file or Dremel like I have to when I assemble the 950R. I particularly like the fact that teflon pad, front CVD, and one-piece brake disc that comes standard, not like the other cars where these are optional parts. The lower servo saver now only requires change of a small piece of plastic to change ackerman (Similar to the design of the Kawahara part), don't need to disassemble the servo saver to do so. Another good point is that the new pivot balls comes with a hex opening like those of Serpent. I can't wait to get a lot of these linkage balls for my other cars. The new shocks are one up from the already very good MRX3 shocks, smooth like a baby's butt. I am still waiting for the rear adjustable anti-roll bar to be available, but, aside from some springs and gears I don't think any upgrade part is needed for the car to perform. In simple, I can't keep the grin off my face when I assemble the car!

Running:

I am using new engine on the car, so I did not push the car too much. Today weather is about 34C and humidity 85. I put on a set of Kawahara 35 tires, and went through about 5 tanks. First impression is that the MRX4 feel a little bit 'light' in corner compared to the Evolva and Serpent 950R, but it hug the corner very well. Since the engine is still new, I could not really push it, but my initial feeling is that it turns better than the Evolva and the 950R when I ran both of them with new engine. Will come back later as I run it more.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:44 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Default pics

please post some pics....thanks
Old 08-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default GT-4 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Shock springs

Does it use the same springs as the MRx3" Last question, a local guy said pricing and stuff will be aval on tuesday. Thanks
Old 08-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: GT-4 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Shock springs

same

Originally posted by rcmike
Does it use the same springs as the MRx3" Last question, a local guy said pricing and stuff will be aval on tuesday. Thanks
Old 08-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: GT-4 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Shock springs

Originally posted by rcmike
Hi mike, yep, the springs are the same, so no worries there.

I'm done with the front assembly, the new front upper arms looks damn cool. Now moving on to the rear assembly.

Almost there...... can't wait to try the car this sunday
Old 08-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: GT-4 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Shock springs

Originally posted by GT-4
Hi mike, yep, the springs are the same, so no worries there.

I'm done with the front assembly, the new front upper arms looks damn cool. Now moving on to the rear assembly.

Almost there...... can't wait to try the car this sunday
please more pics
Old 08-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Hi Jason,

Is your car from City Hobby? I did not think they are in HK yet... Not until later on this week anyway.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.