R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Questions?? HELP Hpi RS4 3 Evo + Should I buy?

Hello there, I am pretty new on nitro r/c cars. have owned a few electrics but decided to step up to a nitro. I spotted a Hpi RS4 3 Evo + for $144 shipped. the car overal seems to be in good condition but has a little issue, first of all the on / off switch is not working and needs to be replaced, also the seller says the following when I asked if he recently tested the car:

Was running it for a few, it took off and hit a curb, I had just charged the battery pack. Messed with it and is was getting power then not getting power. Put in the battery pack with 4 AA's. It was getting power then not getting power. Worst case is its the receiver. Don't have time to get technical with it. Also, I have a brand new servo with it too.

Also it comes with the following:

Comes with a venom roto start battery, two extra exhaust pipes, a few odd and end pieces, os #8 plugs, radio. It's ready to run minus the electrial problem

Worst case scenario what could this getting power / not getting power issue be?
I was thinking it may be the radio crystals also is this replaceable without soldering or maybe a bad servo (which he includes a brand new one)?

And overall is this car good for this price? Here are a few pics of it (remove the http spaces):

h t t p://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/wceoscar/NITRO%20RC/rs4evo1.jpg

h t t p://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/wceoscar/NITRO%20RC/rs42.jpg

h t t p://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/wceoscar/NITRO%20RC/3m83p73l15T55X25R1a5ff4ff9f676bbe1f.jpg

h t t p://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/wceoscar/NITRO%20RC/3k23ma3l35Y05V25Z1a5f5c063e229dc71a.jpg
arix is offline   Reply With Quote