Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba FASST VS Spektrum DSM

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Futaba FASST VS Spektrum DSM

Now that the FASST system is out. Has anyone tried it VS spektrum. I own the pro spektrum and im thinking on going with the FASST.

I wasnt able to find any stats on the system such as latency and if it even adds any. I was also impressed with the facts like higher resolution and such and wondered how it compared to the spektrum and if there was even any sort of information such as this from spektrum to compare both system.

I have a feeling the Futaba system is superior and will work better with the 3pk radio. Also found some pretty good prices so im thinking on switching up. Allthough I have the micro reciever and really like that setup as it gives more room for everything and weighs less. Hard toss up for me.

The other thing it seems the futaba system is smoother from what Im reading.

--

Futaba Links:
FASST Video: http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/fu...926-deluxe.mpg
FASST Info Page: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl8926.html

Spektrum Links:
Spektrum Pro:http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1014
Old 03-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Artificial-I

Now that the FASST system is out. Has anyone tried it VS spektrum. I own the pro spektrum and im thinking on going with the FASST.

I wasnt able to find any stats on the system such as latency and if it even adds any. I was also impressed with the facts like higher resolution and such and wondered how it compared to the spektrum and if there was even any sort of information such as this from spektrum to compare both system.

I have a feeling the Futaba system is superior and will work better with the 3pk radio. Also found some pretty good prices so im thinking on switching up. Allthough I have the micro reciever and really like that setup as it gives more room for everything and weighs less. Hard toss up for me.

The other thing it seems the futaba system is smoother from what Im reading.

--

Futaba Links:
FASST Video: http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/fu...926-deluxe.mpg
FASST Info Page: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl8926.html

Spektrum Links:
Spektrum Pro:http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1014
I'm pretty sure that after driving with both most people, not all but most, won't notice any difference.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EP section has a Futaba 2.4GHz thread with reviews and comments from people that have tried the system...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99846
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Is there any advantages to this new system over spectrum?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah didnt think to look there. Only searched here. After reading that entire thread. It seems the FASST system is superior. Essentially as fast as the crystal HRS system and seemingly not having any glitch issues.

Also it sounds as though the RX is smaller than a regular spektrum. So thats also a good thing and the antenna is about 8 inches which is also short enough to make it not poke out of the body with some proper routing of the wires.

The final bit was people were saying they noticed a difference. A lot of them even skeptical of the spektrum being laggy at all.

Pretty cool. Still interested to see what other on-roaders say about the system.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Yeah didnt think to look there. Only searched here. After reading that entire thread. It seems the FASST system is superior. Essentially as fast as the crystal HRS system and seemingly not having any glitch issues.

Also it sounds as though the RX is smaller than a regular spektrum. So thats also a good thing and the antenna is about 8 inches which is also short enough to make it not poke out of the body with some proper routing of the wires.

The final bit was people were saying they noticed a difference. A lot of them even skeptical of the spektrum being laggy at all.

Pretty cool. Still interested to see what other on-roaders say about the system.
Is it compatable to work with AIRTRONICS SYSTEM?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Is there any advantages to this new system over spectrum?
Spektrum adds latency. Which means you turn your radio and there is a delay to when the servo moves which gives the car a more "indirect" feel. Now Im running the spektrum pro which has a reduced latency. I wonder if its still noticable. Guess theres only one way to find out.

But hopefully someone here will have tried the spektrum pro vs the fasst.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Hopefully it is faster than spectrum then I would be interested in getting one if the price is right.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally from what I understand the Spektrum was too fast and undrivable and also had some interference. Then they made the retail model which had more delay. Then later the Pro came out which is in between the pre-production model and the original retail release.

Now the question in my mind is this. If the Futaba system is faster than SPektrum Pro, is it too fast so that it makes it harder to drive (need to dial down the response perhaps)?

edit: Also it's entirely possible that Futaba will limit this unit to their transmitters forcing you to pay out more money for the 3PK if you wanted to use it and had an M11 or Helios. At least initially. From the short video they said that you never worry about a conflict, but the whole idea behind Spektrum was to eliminate frequencies. This is not new but Futaba is marketing it as new. *shrug*
Old 03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Is it compatable to work with AIRTRONICS SYSTEM?
No.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dredd
Originally from what I understand the Spektrum was too fast and undrivable and also had some interference. Then they made the retail model which had more delay. Then later the Pro came out which is in between the pre-production model and the original retail release.

Now the question in my mind is this. If the Futaba system is faster than SPektrum Pro, is it too fast so that it makes it harder to drive (need to dial down the response perhaps)?
I think youve been misinformed.

Spektrum will always add some sort of a delay as its a piggy back system. They may get it to 0 , but thats to be seen.

If there was some ultra fast spektrum system , it still would not be faster than the crystal system hrs. Which is the fastest system in terms of response to date.

The pro model spektrum module or add-on was released to reduce the original latency and it has an updated board and protective coating to fend against glitching from outside elements.

The other reason for spektrum alone was to not have to wait or glitch with other users around you. This gives you more time to focus on driving and wrenching. As well to not worry about conflicts during a race or picking up on fm based intereference. Which doesnt happen on 2.4ghz
Old 03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

I think youve been misinformed.

Spektrum will always add some sort of a delay as its a piggy back system. They may get it to 0 , but thats to be seen.

If there was some ultra fast spektrum system , it still would not be faster than the crystal system hrs. Which is the fastest system in terms of response to date.

The pro model spektrum module or add-on was released to reduce the original latency and it has an updated board and protective coating to fend against glitching from outside elements.

The other reason for spektrum alone was to not have to wait or glitch with other users around you. This gives you more time to focus on driving and wrenching. As well to not worry about conflicts during a race or picking up on fm based intereference. Which doesnt happen on 2.4ghz
well, do you drive worse with a spektrum than you do with FM? I think not right? That's why it doesn't matter to me if one is .2sec faster. That's my way of looking at it. Spektrum technology is nice because I can turn it on and I don't have to worry about some kid not asking or thinking or looking and turning on his radio which effectively destroys my car as it takes off on its own. So to me, the idea of the futaba system being faster is moot...I don't think you will drive better with it. How are you going to measure the latency? I just find it hard to believe someone can notice it.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Either system already operates faster than the mind can react so i don't know why you would possibly need either of them.

Regular spektrum is fine.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Either system already operates faster than the mind can react so i don't know why you would possibly need either of them.

Regular spektrum is fine.
That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure what advancements can be had except for Futaba offering a lower pricing since it's made for their equipment.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

From info I have read ,the Futaba system is designed or based on Nomadio system and technology.

Signal strength , latency etc.. is better than the Spektrum.

Same goes for the new SANWA/Airtronics system 2.4ghz systems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.