Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I make this????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default continued

When I'm at the track I constantly get asked if I can help other racers go faster. I never say no! My cars always seem to be the crowd favorite which gives my great joy. I bring atleast 3 cars to the track to test diffrent bodies and setups and some times one of the cars will act like I put oil on the tiers and be all over the place but sometimes the cars will act like they can do nothing wrong! I joined this site to help people with there RC cars and even give out alot of secrets on goint fast.I really enjoy helping people but I'm sorry to say a few of the people in this site have taken that joy away. When I get bombarded for mispelling a word I think to my self do I really need this? My words get twisted aroundand it seems that some of you cant wait for me to make a mistake. So I think It's time for me to move on . This will be my last post! I wish you all the best (even my critics) and If some of you would like to get ahold of me my email is: [email protected] Thanks again... Danny aka Da Hellion
Old 05-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Too bad you're leaving Hellion. Sounds like you're taking it way too serious. This is a Forum and people state their opinions. I didn't disagree with your posts, but I'm sure some do. I think people attacking sucks, but unfortunately, that's the nature of forums. My advise is to shrug it off and continue; there are others, including myself that make up a majority that come here for thoughts and words and just ignore everything else. People get passionate about what they love, don't take it personal. Ignore the few and take part in the silent majority.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, back to the front hood scoop idea.........definitely a good idea, but lets get back to the real theory of having front hood scoop, if I am not mistaking, like Subi WRX or Pontiac Firehawk 'RAM AIR" system, the hood scoop is created due to the AIR INTAKE is sitting right at the bottom of the scoop........so fresh cold air will RAM in to the air filter, for better engine performance. Just like real car FAI/CAI design with a S shaped pipe goes under the front head light/above the front lower spoiler.......or ppl will remove the driver side or passenger side head light so COLD AIR can ram into the stock air box for better engine performance.

Now, apply that to the RC car.........I don't see the front scoop has anything to do with the intake....it is like 2 more holes that you can create with a rimmer on the windshield, that works the same.....

Then on ROAR rule book, it stated clearly WHERE and HOW BIG of the holes that you can create, and there are certain location that you can or cannot punch holes.....the idea is UNIFORM, everyone follow 1 rule, so no mistake or excuse will be issue.

And if ROAR approved the front scoop or any other scoop (which never say never, that might happen in the future).........most body mfr will design their own version of SCOOP to cool the engine head (for 1) then create a big tunnel scoop to RAM COLD AIR to the air filter (that is 2) for belt driven car when engine is sitting across and for engine is shaft where engine is sitting along front to back and air filter is behind or in front of the engine heat.....
If that happen........it will be a mess, as we all know FAI (CAI) does increase engine performance, on top of that, special scoop for COOLING the engine head, another advantage.........now, whos going to use the regular bodies like Stratus or Mazda 6? No one will.........

Your idea is definitely great, but I don't see the SCOOP on the hood does any performance gain, how about creating a scoop on the roof RAM cold air in toward the intake on the right side of the car (for all belt drive) and SCOOP for the driver/ rear passenger side window for the shaft drive like NTC3 when its intake is right behind the engine.........

About front scoop with aerodynamic or any aerodynamic performance gain, that I don't know much...

Just my 0.02

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 05-18-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by edseb
You can aply the law, because aerodynamics apply to everything regardless of what it is. Only, with ROAR, you are not allowed to do anything to the underside.
i suppose you are right. what i was trying to say is it might not be appropriate to explain areodynamics applied to rc car body using the wing example. they are two different devices working under different sets of condition, the underlying theory is the same, but how to apply the theory could be very different.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Agreed, but Formula 1 often uses wings to help design their aerodynamics. The whole car acts as a big wing, including underneath to create downforce. The bottom of a Formula 1 car actually creates a low pressure which cause it to suck downwards. there is so much downforce that if you were to turn the track upsidedown, the car would stick. Too bad we can't do this in RC. I think ROAR just wants to help keep costs and variables down.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Talking ENOUGH ABOUT AERODYNAMIC

ok... we all know....

everything wil change.

including some of OLD THEORY.... after somebody found a NEW THEORY.

buy hey... the old theory still works.

The main point is HELLION has done testing... not to mention TESTINGS... with a lot of SSSSSSSSS on his bodies. As he said... he has his own wind tunnel.

Some people is not really good in explaining technical things but he/she has gone through a lot of TRIAL and ERROR to get things in PROPER MANNER. As situation as HELLION. He has done dozens...(look at the S after the word DOZEN).... so he knows what his bodies can do.

He knows now which body design will make your car WIGGLE like a fish tail. He know now which body design will make you car GLUED to the TARMAC... right now what he wants to do is to make the body that COOL the engine at the same time retain the required amount of aerodynamic and downforce. WITH CONSIDERATION of NO NEED TO PUNCH A BIG HOLE on the windscreen.

THAT I WOULD SAY A BIG TASK / CHALLENGE TO HIM.... as well to us.

HERE we need to discuss about that. not to BANG everybody about theories that will keep on changing. I beg HELLION to come back to this thread and keep it alive even AFTER HE HAS PRODUCED HIS BODY TO THE MARKET.

mop
Old 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default COME BACK HELLION

HELLION COME BACK. THOSE OF US THAT AREN'T MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU APPRECIATE ALL YOUR INPUT. NOT ONLY DO U HAVE INTELLIGENCE BUT GOD DO U HAVE TALENT. YOUR EVERYDAY PERSON WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START DESIGNING AN RC BODY, LET ALONE ONE THAT WORKS. THERE ARE ALWAYS GONNA BE HATERS, JUST DON'T LE THE AGGRIVATION DETUR YOUR TALENT. (JUST KEEPING IT REAL)

Old 05-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: oops

Originally posted by HELLION
Butt is spelled with 2 ts I'd say no pun intended but it is................. And D HobbyTown started racing 2 or 3 weeks ago. If I have time I'll try to be there Sunday
I might be there this Sunday with my new mtx-3, maybe you can help me out, you sound like you know alot. I hope you can be there.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

no matter what others said (the flamers and friends, hehehe...),... but I want some copies of that body,... we race by an absolute OUTLAW regulations over here,.... you can use anything in the class (including big-ass engines if you find ways to fit 'em),.... the only regulation is : 1/10 scale,... how beautiful...

Hellion,... nice job,... anything made for the purpose of improvement in this hobby is GOOD,... remember how turbo glow-plugs was outlawed,... how about today?! I hope you guys get my 25 rupiahs worth of opinion

FYI : 25 rupiahs worth less than 2 cts , heheee....
Old 05-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

i can't believe you guys drove him away
This is not english class, this is a forum.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:01 PM

Hey Danny,
Don't let these guys get the best of you, especially in these forums. People over analyze on just about every topic that's been posted. But that's okay, there are a lot of educated people on here. And they all have opinions. Got to take the good with the bad.

I've seen the car and it does look great. What's more important is that Danny is a very nice guy. Oh, and his car is crazy fast too.

I'll see you at the track soon, this time I'm coming with the Mugen.
Scott
Old 05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those who know Danny personally should try to talk him into coming back to the forum. He appears to have a great talent at designing and building items for our hobby and it would be a shame for us to lose his input and ideas on things.

It would be a helluva thing to lose Hellion
Old 05-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by crashnburn
Those who know Danny personally should try to talk him into coming back to the forum. He appears to have a great talent at designing and building items for our hobby and it would be a shame for us to lose his input and ideas on things.

It would be a helluva thing to lose Hellion
what he said. Also i want to find which bodies tested the best in his wind tunnel
Old 05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: MOP Man

Originally posted by HELLION
That's what I'm going to discuss with ROAR. Cutting holes in air scoops makes the car look a lot more realistic then cutting a hole in the windshield. I have been having good luck with this but the hood scoops are a little big so I'm going to put more slope in the hood so I can make the scoop look smaller on the body I'm building now

All I can say Hellion is to make them they look awesome . Even ikf roar doesnot like them there would be plenty of outlaw racers that would buy them. Plus the guy's who are awesome painters for concourse competitions.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Do It!!!!

I think that you should go with that body. It looks awesome!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.