Wiki Posts
Search

Kawahara ZT-1/FW05 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by ojo
anyone can tell me which type of battery to use with the conversion?

the aaa's? or the normal 1100mah flat type use by fw-05r or the hump type use by v1-rr?

thank you in advance for your help
i think you need the AAAhump pack
Old 07-05-2004, 06:25 PM
ojo
Tech Rookie

thanks Marcos.S710.

aaa hump pack then.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Three cells on botton with two cells on top, same as the MTX3 pack. Try to get 800mah cells, I only have 650s at the moment and only get about 35 minutes from them.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ventilation brake disc

Ventilation brake disc, I found it from my old car... Kyosho Spider, it fit for my new build ZT-1, good looking!?
Attached Thumbnails Kawahara ZT-1/FW05 conversion-zt_1-2.jpg  
Old 07-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Attached Thumbnails Kawahara ZT-1/FW05 conversion-zt_1-1.jpg  
Old 07-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Ventilation brake disc

Originally posted by boy2rc
Ventilation brake disc, I found it from my old car... Kyosho Spider, it fit for my new build ZT-1, good looking!?
bro.. how much would a kawahara zt-1 conversion kit cost??? what parts are already included in the conversion kit??? what other parts do i need??? i'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to get the zt-1 conversion kit and then buy the other necessary parts needed to get the kit running... i would appreciate any help you can give. also, if it's not to much to ask, could you send me a copy of the zt-1 manual??? thanks...
Old 07-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Ventilation brake disc

Originally posted by boy2rc
nice
Old 07-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

doki

You can buy a used FW05 and cannabalize parts from it to build up your ZT, this way is more cheaper that buying individual parts to make up a car.

However, I built my ZT from parts because I use Mugen shocks and some front and rear suspension parts.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys! I've been wanting the FW-05R for a while now and I really dig the Kawahara kit. My sponsor is getting it for me (wifey).

Is there a benifit to having the engine on the left instead of the stock location? And can you use the center gear assembly on a stock FW? I like that you can access the gears faster.

Thanks for the great info.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:13 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

The car is very well ballanced and you can use a greater variety of pipes.
The decomposable two speed mount will not fit the standard chassis.
One of the best features is the variable chassis flex, this is done with the two countersunk screws under the throttle linkage.
Attached Thumbnails Kawahara ZT-1/FW05 conversion-smallzac-fw-2.jpg  
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

rjl, thanks for the scoop, bro! I think the Kawahara kit makes the car dead sexy. It's gotta be the best looking and functional chassis out there.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kidDynomite
rjl, thanks for the scoop, bro! I think the Kawahara kit makes the car dead sexy. It's gotta be the best looking and functional chassis out there.
It's not just pretty it is also the most predictable car I've ever raced. My lap times have come down a little and my consistency has improved a lot, down to .3 secs in a 6 minute heat.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sold. I like stuff to look good but i also like it to have some real purpose or race worthy functions. I've been working with an RR Evo Conv. for 1-1/2 years now. Basicly working myself up to the upper ranks in the B-main (I start in the E). If something doesnt work for me I just put it back. If it helps the car and my driving, I work with it. I'm the same way with in the CCS Series.

I just want to make sure this kit works for you all that are using it. I'll pick up a 05R this week and try it out for a few races to get use to it. And then get the Kawa-kit to see & feel the difference.

rjl, is your success with consistency being compared to racing the stock 05R and then going with the ZT? Just wondering.

Since I really try to challenge myself I'm hoping to get better as well with this car.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jasoncsc
doki

You can buy a used FW05 and cannabalize parts from it to build up your ZT, this way is more cheaper that buying individual parts to make up a car.

However, I built my ZT from parts because I use Mugen shocks and some front and rear suspension parts.
thanks for the tip bor... would you happen to know how much would the zt-1 conversion kit cost??? would you happen to have a manual of the zt-1 conversion kit??? if it's not to mcuh to ask, can you send me a copy??? my email is [email protected] thanks bro...
Old 07-30-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Doki I don't have a scanner so I cannot send the manual....As to price just FYI I think I've spent about US$800- for the chassis alone....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.