Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine broken in/or not? need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default engine broken in/or not? need help

hello i have a question. i just got my cen ct4s rtr a couple of days ago. i like it since its my first nitro car i reviewed them and i seen some mixed opions. but i went for it anyway. umm i got a question about breaking in the engine. i have been through well more then 5 tanks of fuel and i am still dripping oil out of my muffler. is that normal? am i sopposed to move the idel needel if so it is in a very hard spot to get to. the only screw i am able to turn is the one by the air filter. any help would be fine. i also have a question about when i pul the trigger its takes about a minute or to for the car to start going is that normal? also i am not seeing blue smoke. is it sopposed to be blue or white? cause i see white smoke.
write back
thank you
Old 04-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: engine broken in/or not? need help

Originally posted by chris246810
hello i have a question. i just got my cen ct4s rtr a couple of days ago. i like it since its my first nitro car i reviewed them and i seen some mixed opions. but i went for it anyway. umm i got a question about breaking in the engine. i have been through well more then 5 tanks of fuel and i am still dripping oil out of my muffler. is that normal? am i sopposed to move the idel needel if so it is in a very hard spot to get to. the only screw i am able to turn is the one by the air filter. any help would be fine. i also have a question about when i pul the trigger its takes about a minute or to for the car to start going is that normal? also i am not seeing blue smoke. is it sopposed to be blue or white? cause i see white smoke.
write back
thank you
you need to start to lean out your engine it sounds like it is way too rich!!
Old 04-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

the trigger problem could be somethin wrong with your servo's or the transmitter, i'd chekc them with the car turned off to see if its going right away, if it isn't then thats your problem, if it is..no idea hombre
Old 04-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Re

Take a minute or second to take off?? If take a minute, I no idea...........if second, than it must be your low speed needler.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Initiate

thank you for your replys how would i adjust my low speed needle. i know you can adjust it for both high speed and low speed. and what other screws do i have to turn clockwise to lean it up?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Before you adjust your lowend try leaning out the top end first and see if this solves your problem. That is the big needle sticking up by your aircleaner. When making adjustments go 1/8 turn at a time until it gets faster and there is still smoke coming out. If that doesn't make it faster then adjust your low end. The low speed needle is on the side where the carb opens. You are going to need a long screwdriver to get to it.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

write back
thank you
Here is a simple way to check if the motor is fully broken in or not, assume you have never over heated it and the motor is in excellent condition:

first take the glow plug out (when the motor is cold) then turn the flywheel over and you can feel if it is still rubbing when you turn the flywheel over. If it is smooth and not rubbing then your motor is fully broken in. If still alittle bit rubing then it is not fully broken in yet.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: engine broken in/or not? need help

Originally posted by Ah10
If it is smooth and not rubbing then your motor is fully broken in. If still alittle bit rubbing then it is not fully broken in yet.
Not necessarily. I have a three-year-old MT-12 that is well-broken in, still "rubs" yet produces plenty of power.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys i will post a reply after i try that adjusting the top end first. i will also post a pic to.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

write back
thank you
well when i got my car my car did the same thing it wouldnt move for like 4seconds not 1 minute.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

what did you do to fix it?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: engine broken in/or not? need help

Originally posted by Old Skool
Not necessarily. I have a three-year-old MT-12 that is well-broken in, still "rubs" yet produces plenty of power.

Hi, may I know which part "rub" which part??
Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Carb Setting.

Last time I also mess up setting the needler. My friend teach me how to adjust it. Below are the step:

1,rich all the needler - low, high and make sure your engine can ideling
2, lean the low speed needler until it can't choch out. Mean when u press full throttle, the car can accelerate very fast without hessitate but make sure check the temp every time you lean the needler. Make sure have white/ blue smoke.
3, if u done set your low speed, now set your high speed needler. Lean it until u feel your car are very fast, make syre check the temp.
4, done high speed, set your ideling.
5, run your car for few laps and stop your car at your front for ~10 second and press full throttle see is it accerelate fast. If it still hessitate, than lean some more on the low speed.

1/8 a turn and one needler at a time.

Hope to hear a good news from u.