Wiki Posts
Search

New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheROK1212
HELL TO THE YEAH!!! Have spent the last year and a half @ the plant making the SHO and had never thought about it but it would b the perfect sedan body with a couple of aero tweaks.
There will probably be a Ford Fusion touring body before there will be a Taurus SHO one, in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I hear people talking about understeer on the R5 and I don't experience that .... maybe i have to drive something back to back but I'm faster w/ teh R5 than the Stratus while are more than one driver say the opposite is true for them. I drive a kyosho and have been going up to harder tires because of too much front grip w/ the R5.

Either way i'm excited to see so many bodies and so much to choose from is great for the starting grid photos!!!

Any idea what distributor will have these first? I'd like to be first in line to have them in my hobby shop.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Well, I am not an expert on aerodynamics but I can tell you from actual testing on the R5N that the shape of the roofline does have some effect on the handling of the body. Once again I say that us racers will decide if its good or not after it gets used. I have used it and I think its the best body that Dale has created.

The front of the body does have a more significant rake to it and I can see why you think of the Altis..

The rear wing has markings for those holes. It comes as a solid wing like you are used to seeing and we have used a dremel or other tools to make actual holes in the rear wing.

Give it a try and decide for yourself.
With saying the cab/ cabine I also meant the roofline.
It plays a big role in de terming how and how much air is channeled to the rear wing.

Ok cool that there are actual markings for the side holes/vents.
I would recommend testing multiple smaller slots instead of one big slot like is shown right now. Gives the same effect but with less turbulence.

Originally Posted by Maddin21
and if it would handle like this it would be great for me and many of the kyosho users

Any news about the rear wing cut-outs...
What do they do...?? Create some kind of dirty air behind the rear wing that maybe affects the air below the body similar to 1/8...hmm, interesting detail.
Hope it was tested to avoid "desasters" like the 1/8 shaddow or 1/10 R5N.

--- MARTIN ---
It helps the car rotate and react quicker without sacrificing rear downforce too much.
I tested 3 smaller cutouts in combination with some small endplates, I was very pleased with the results.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
With saying the cab/ cabine I also meant the roofline.
It plays a big role in de terming how and how much air is channeled to the rear wing.

Ok cool that there are actual markings for the side holes/vents.
I would recommend testing multiple smaller slots instead of one big slot like is shown right now. Gives the same effect but with less turbulence.

It helps the car rotate and react quicker without sacrificing rear downforce too much.
I tested 3 smaller cutouts in combination with some small endplates, I was very pleased with the results.
Funny you mention smaller slots...
The inspiration for this is the rear wing from the F1 cars. Slots/louvres are somewhat difficult to cut into the lexan so we just went with the hole, but perhaps it is worth the extra effort to try and slot the lexan.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Can you show a picture showing those cutouts?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

could be good for EP car
Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default P56-

ETA on the P56-N (not M56) is Tomorrow! May 5,2010

http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=1521-30
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DS-

I would be very interested in seeing those slots/holes and the theory behind were exactly they should be placed and more on how they work.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
ETA on the P56-N (not M56) is Tomorrow! May 5,2010

http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=1521-30
Sam, today is May 5th and you can see that I did say that the body is now called the P56. I just can't figure out how to edit the title of this thread. Glad to see you have jumped onto stocking of the body.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

wow sold out already
Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow! the way these bodies are shaping out, pretty soon they'll resemble lola style or real close to it.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
wow sold out already
I don't think he has gotten them yet. Keep checking and I am fairly sure the Ashford and Winners Circle will be getting them as well.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
wow sold out already
Yes, I only got 30 in and it is sold out already, but I am getting another batch hopefully by tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Funny you mention smaller slots...
The inspiration for this is the rear wing from the F1 cars. Slots/louvres are somewhat difficult to cut into the lexan so we just went with the hole, but perhaps it is worth the extra effort to try and slot the lexan.
I already thought it was inspired by the F1 wing end plates.

At work I'm designing a new front/rear wing package for an High end formula car and I really wanted to incorporate the louvres so I studied it a bit and also thought it would be interesting to test on an RC car.

Originally Posted by musti72
Can you show a picture showing those cutouts?
I will, currently I'm very busy at work (14-16 hour work days) so I don't have any time, this weekend I will post them.
Along with the pic's of my stratus which I still have to finish off.

Originally Posted by stormperson
DS-

I would be very interested in seeing those slots/holes and the theory behind were exactly they should be placed and more on how they work.
Like stated above, this weekend I have some more time and will post pictures and try to explain the slots a bit further.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Hello gas sedan guys!

Sorry to be so slow answering your questions regarding this new body.

http://prolineracing.com/touring-car...-n-clear-body/
http://prolineracing.com/touring-car...-light-weight/

I've needed to take a couple of days to get my personal life in order. As if.....
(I've got a sizable "honey do" list I'm trying to get checked off - you married guys'll know what I mean )

Here's some higher rez pics of the P56 for you. I'll give you more info regarding the wing etc later tonight.

Hey - I really do appreciate all your comments - at least the ones that are written sincerely.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
Attached Thumbnails New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body-1521-p56.jpg   New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body-1521-p56-side.jpg   New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body-1521-p56-rear.jpg   New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body-1521-p56-wing.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.