Search

Ofna Cd-3

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Hey Marcos_J,
the setup looks like a winner. How is your acceleration with the current gearing? Some of the other CD3 racers are using very low/aggressive gearing with the Red Dot engine.
Actually I miss using the 21/27 , 55/49 combo I like to hear the engine spool up at wide open throttle.
car was real good today for the first time out, did minor set up change to get more front end bite, stiffen up the rear sway bar added a little more up travel in the rear and went to copper front springs, gear ratio was perfect too bad we got rained out

Last edited by Marcos.J; 10-07-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It is good to hear that another CD3 is performing well on a track. I am sure that the Red Dot is smoking tires the first foot off the line. Wish I had one.
What body are you racing with now?

I attended a parking lot race hosted at a new Hobbytown store and had a great time racing. The grip was very good. I ran a higher ride height 7/7 mm,
copper/purple springs and both sway bars flat. Camber was 1.5/3.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

It is good to hear that another CD3 is performing well on a track. I am sure that the Red Dot is smoking tires the first foot off the line. Wish I had one.
What body are you racing with now?

I attended a parking lot race hosted at a new Hobbytown store and had a great time racing. The grip was very good. I ran a higher ride height 7/7 mm,
copper/purple springs and both sway bars flat. Camber was 1.5/3.
im running a Mazda 6,and the red dot is smoking!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

anybody has a basic one-way setup??

thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you can, post your setup and we'll see if we can help you tweak it.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by spenzalii
its posted a page back , I spoke with Chris at OFNA and he gave me a set up to start with ill try it this weekend and see, hopefully i can get it dialed before the U.S. Open sedan championship race
Old 10-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by spenzalii
here it is!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...9&d=1191166133
Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default Comments to Markus's CD3 setup.

Every driver has a setup that works well for their driving style. Please take my comments as just that, comments.
What I have found is that if you can balance the diffs first, the chassis setup is easier to configure.
1. If you are staying with the front gear diff, 120k fluid provides a lot of on-power understeer. If you modulate the throttle you can get the car turned. The front and rear diff are way out of balance. I have migrated to F/R 50k and up/100k and up for high traction. 20k/50k for medium traction.
and believe this 10k/20k - 30k for low traction. These values provide no on power understeer or oversteer, just neutral behavior due to throttle control.
I have not run the one-way diff this season, so I don't have a tested configuration for rear diff fluid to complement it.
2. I tried the spring configurations F/R gold 35 lbs/red 22 lbs ( purple/red also) for quite a few tracks. The very high traction tracks (very sticky) yielded the best results.The purple/purple (high traction) and then copper/copper has better overall chassis behavior for oversteer control. The best combination I have used for medium down to low traction tracks is F/R copper/purple (no typo here). Even with a high roll center I found that the rear was not spring stiff enough, which resulted in oversteer under quick direction changes. The rear spring (increase over the front spring value) did not affect rear traction on acceleration, as much as it improved the lateral traction and side bite. I have run this configuration at medium to low traction conditions only, and will use it for those conditions.
3. The 4mm droop will help in long curves, but if you have some heavy braking areas, your rear end could get loose due to the weight transfer forward. I so not have much experience "droop" tuning.
4. One important setting I don't see is your rear roll center. Which are you using high or low? I am assuming high, or you would be compaining with a low roll center and the red springs on the rear.

The other settings can be changed based on driving style, track conditions etc.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Every driver has a setup that works well for their driving style. Please take my comments as just that, comments.
What I have found is that if you can balance the diffs first, the chassis setup is easier to configure.
1. If you are staying with the front gear diff, 120k fluid provides a lot of on-power understeer. If you modulate the throttle you can get the car turned. The front and rear diff are way out of balance. I have migrated to F/R 50k and up/100k and up for high traction. 20k/50k for medium traction.
and believe this 10k/20k - 30k for low traction. These values provide no on power understeer or oversteer, just neutral behavior due to throttle control.
I have not run the one-way diff this season, so I don't have a tested configuration for rear diff fluid to complement it.
2. I tried the spring configurations F/R gold 35 lbs/red 22 lbs ( purple/red also) for quite a few tracks. The very high traction tracks (very sticky) yielded the best results.The purple/purple (high traction) and then copper/copper has better overall chassis behavior for oversteer control. The best combination I have used for medium down to low traction tracks is F/R copper/purple (no typo here). Even with a high roll center I found that the rear was not spring stiff enough, which resulted in oversteer under quick direction changes. The rear spring (increase over the front spring value) did not affect rear traction on acceleration, as much as it improved the lateral traction and side bite. I have run this configuration at medium to low traction conditions only, and will use it for those conditions.
3. The 4mm droop will help in long curves, but if you have some heavy braking areas, your rear end could get loose due to the weight transfer forward. I so not have much experience "droop" tuning.
4. One important setting I don't see is your rear roll center. Which are you using high or low? I am assuming high, or you would be compaining with a low roll center and the red springs on the rear.

The other settings can be changed based on driving style, track conditions etc.
thanks for your input!! ill try those spring combo's
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

The biggest change you will need to make with a one way if to your brakes. You have to remember you will only have rear brakes. If you leave the brakes set as if you had a diff up front, you will spin out. Not a good thing if you need to hit the brakes in a corner! Also, as you will have less overall braking power, you will have to brake a little sooner before you enter your corner instead of diving in and hitting the brakes as late as possible. It forces you to drive a bit smoother but it will be a bit faster.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

ready for the weekend!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Very nice. Nery green! Hope all works out for you this weekend.

Next week is th elast big race of the season (provided the weather cooperates). I'm going to try to go out with a bang!
Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

DNA body!!! WOW!!

Markus,
Let us know how the body handles on the CD3 chassis. This season I ran a Cadillac CTS body and loved the downforce, especially with my current chassis setup.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

DNA body!!! WOW!!

Markus,
Let us know how the body handles on the CD3 chassis. This season I ran a Cadillac CTS body and loved the downforce, especially with my current chassis setup.
well it ran pretty good but it rained most of the morning so very little track time, but took it home and put together my old car
Old 12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default winter blues

Anyone been racing CD3's lately???
Or has everyone gone into hibernation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.