Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Cd-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
The CD3 PRO Kit version comes with 0.8 gears.

The CD3 Pro RTR comes with 1.0 gears.
what engines comes with the cdr pro rtr?side exhaust?rear exhaust?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe it is a side exhaust, if memory serves. It's easy enough to use a rear exhaust, but you will need a new pipe
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
what engines comes with the cdr pro rtr?side exhaust?rear exhaust?
The CD3 Pro RTR comes with a Force .12 engine that has a side exhaust.
the exhaust pipe is included with the car. It is a good buy if you do not have an engine available.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
The CD3 Pro RTR comes with a Force .12 engine that has a side exhaust.
the exhaust pipe is included with the car. It is a good buy if you do not have an engine available.
i got the car coming on a close out deal i also got a rear exhaust engine for it too , just wondering about the engine taht came with it, thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i got the car coming on a close out deal i also got a rear exhaust engine for it too , just wondering about the engine taht came with it, thanks
Marcos you got rocks in your head
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Marcos you got rocks in your head
no rocks! just one stone
Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Default different apring combo

Spenz,
At the race track yesterday, I made about 10 practice laps with the copper springs (25 lb.)front and rear. The tough sections where time was lost in oversteer was a medium acceleration 150 deg left turn and the next right chicaine. My speed was limited by on and off power oversteer.
Changed the rear springs only to purple (30 lb) and this planted the rear end more, and allowed both on and off power speeds to increase with significantly less oversteer.
I am going to race with this F/R spring difference and see how much I can improve my lap times.

How is the I-95 Showdown?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Eh. It was a good time. I kept having niggling problems with the tranny. But I did get it to shift (albeit earlier than I wanted). I negated that by making the gearing a bit closer. Since the ninja likes to rev, It could keep running up to the redline a lot better even though it shifted early. So the car was fast enough. I just couldn't get enough on power steering, so I couldn't do better than a 12 lap qualifier (and the fast guys are doing 14 on this track). But for me, that's fine. I started 2nd in my main, got hit, lost a slew of time trying to find a body clip and rethread the antenna, and ended up 5th (which meant I got the 3rd place trophy, since the top 2 bumped). The way the car felt if I didn't lose that time I could have gone for the bump (or at least made 3rd for the 1st place trophy). But accidents happen, and I was able to finish the race, which was good for me. When it was running, it felt good to me. I think know what I have to do to get more on power steering, but that won't be solved until next year.

That setup still sounds backward (softer springs up front?), but if it works for you, nobody can say what's right or wrong. If someone looked at my setup, they's probably scratch their head and wonder how the car drives straight I guess it depends on weather, surface, etc. I'm used to the ultra sticky super smooth traction we have at the track (although if there was a bump on the track, I seem to find it!).

The day could have been better, but it also could have been much worse. One of the guys hit someone at full speed and bowed his chassis like a 'U'. The worst I saw was an accident in 1/8. There was a car stuck on the medium chute. The marshall tried to get to it and put it back down, but it wasn't working. Before he could pull it, another car plowed into it. Since the dead car was facing traffic, teh other car went right over top of it. The result? The engine was sheared in half! The block just snapped in half. The wild thing was, the sleve was still stuck in one half of the broken block, and the piston and con rod were still attached to the crankshaft! Hell, the glow plug was stil good! The rod wasn't even bent. It was like the piston was at BDC when it hit. There will be pictures of it somewhere on this thread, because everyone had to have a look at it and take a picture of it whith their camera, phone, video camera, treo, etc.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spenzalii
Eh. It was a good time. I kept having niggling problems with the tranny. But I did get it to shift (albeit earlier than I wanted). I negated that by making the gearing a bit closer. Since the ninja likes to rev, It could keep running up to the redline a lot better even though it shifted early. So the car was fast enough. I just couldn't get enough on power steering, so I couldn't do better than a 12 lap qualifier (and the fast guys are doing 14 on this track). But for me, that's fine. I started 2nd in my main, got hit, lost a slew of time trying to find a body clip and rethread the antenna, and ended up 5th (which meant I got the 3rd place trophy, since the top 2 bumped). The way the car felt if I didn't lose that time I could have gone for the bump (or at least made 3rd for the 1st place trophy). But accidents happen, and I was able to finish the race, which was good for me. When it was running, it felt good to me. I think know what I have to do to get more on power steering, but that won't be solved until next year.

That setup still sounds backward (softer springs up front?), but if it works for you, nobody can say what's right or wrong. If someone looked at my setup, they's probably scratch their head and wonder how the car drives straight I guess it depends on weather, surface, etc. I'm used to the ultra sticky super smooth traction we have at the track (although if there was a bump on the track, I seem to find it!).

The day could have been better, but it also could have been much worse. One of the guys hit someone at full speed and bowed his chassis like a 'U'. The worst I saw was an accident in 1/8. There was a car stuck on the medium chute. The marshall tried to get to it and put it back down, but it wasn't working. Before he could pull it, another car plowed into it. Since the dead car was facing traffic, teh other car went right over top of it. The result? The engine was sheared in half! The block just snapped in half. The wild thing was, the sleve was still stuck in one half of the broken block, and the piston and con rod were still attached to the crankshaft! Hell, the glow plug was stil good! The rod wasn't even bent. It was like the piston was at BDC when it hit. There will be pictures of it somewhere on this thread, because everyone had to have a look at it and take a picture of it whith their camera, phone, video camera, treo, etc.
Spenz,
Its good to hear that you were able to overcome the accident and finish with no major problems. I won't get to try the harder transmission springs until next Saturday, I'll let you know how they work. The last couple of mains I've run I have been using two body clips on each front post (when I can remember).
Besides the accident, it seems like the early upshift and on power understeer hampered you from staying in position for a better finish.
Are you running a one-way up front or a diff?
Traction has been low at our track, so I needed to balance the car weight etc. better than when traction is higher.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

It was more the accident than anything today. With the gearing change, the car was as fast as anything in my heat. I could keep up and pass quite a few in the field. They had to outdrive me rather than outpower me, so while it was a sligt annoyance, it wasn't the end of the world. I just don't know if the tranny was designed for ninja power! But the on power understeer did it. Not being able to hold the throttle thru that sweeper made me lose time. There are 2 other spots on the track where I know I can make up time but that is the main one.

I've used the one way since it came with the kit. I had to get used to not having as much brake as if I had a solid up front (which is what most people use). I have to be smoother with the brakes and take the turns a little differently. You also have to use slightly different throttle control, since you can't dive deep in the turn and have the brakes bail you out.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

got mine ready
Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

got mine ready
Marcos that 3 hour paint job came out really nice
Old 09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GMartinez

Marcos that 3 hour paint job came out really nice
it was actually 6 hours
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

nitro again
Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
nitro again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.