Wiki Posts
Search

ContactRC Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default 1/8th Carbon Rims

Finally got a chance to try out the Contact Carbon Rims this weekend @ Fort Myers Florida State Race
Comparision from the standard rims I went 2/10th faster with the carbon 1st time out & the car felt it transitions faster & smoother was really impressed with them ran 32F 35R Qualified 7th in the A had 2nd for the 1st 10 min & brain farted got back to fourth another brain fart thru the chicane & chunked my tire & the rim was still in perfect shape was sitting forth until I stripped my rear belt
Thanks again Contactrc for a great product
Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Finally got a chance to try out the Contact Carbon Rims this weekend @ Fort Myers Florida State Race
Comparision from the standard rims I went 2/10th faster with the carbon 1st time out & the car felt it transitions faster & smoother was really impressed with them ran 32F 35R Qualified 7th in the A had 2nd for the 1st 10 min & brain farted got back to fourth another brain fart thru the chicane & chunked my tire & the rim was still in perfect shape was sitting forth until I stripped my rear belt
Thanks again Contactrc for a great product
Good run George .
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

My opinion are:

-1/10 tires are perfect, well balanced
-1/8 tires: the foam surface will be split apart, This shd be improved.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Congrats for the new venture and i hope you would be succeeded as much as you expected.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Racers,

Contact RC from the USA would like to congratulate Robert Pietsch for the TQ and Win at the recent 1/8 Scale Worlds held in Homestead, Fl.

Contact RC Tires seemed to become very popular once the event got underway. Most racers chose to run the Light Weight tires after seeing how great they were performing and how strong the Light Weight rims are. After hearing what others racers had to say when they switched, Contact RC Tires are definitely the strongest Light Weight tire on the market. Combine that with the obvious performance at the highest level and we can see why we had 3 cars in the final, the Win and TQ for the event.

We would like to thank all the racers that chose Contact Tires for the Worlds and also the racers that support the product on a regular basis.

Again congrats to Robert, his mechanic and all parties involved in Roberts win at the biggest event of the year. Another win for the already winning brand. Contact RC Tires has claimed the US National title, European title and now the World title, all within the first 1 year of the brand.

Till the next race,

Contact RC
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats on the winning tires
Old 04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Contact, Felix and Robert P. Great Job....

Billy Bowerman
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What's up with the website? I went there to check something out and my browser crashed followed by every virus blocker and spy checker I have going nuts.

They removed things like "Fake Alert" that was causing a hard drive error message to come up.

Grokster

Disable Task manager registry

etc. etc.

Really need to fix that.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Website

Sean, sorry for your troubles. I just copied and sent your post to our webmaster. I have three computers here and went to our site on each one with no problems. Please email me at [email protected] if there was a certain item you were looking at when this happened or as soon as you linked to the site.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default Congrats World Champs

Congrats on your world championship win & with 3 drivers in the finals
Also contact tires are also available @ www.SuperiorHobbies.com They are carrying they 1/10th line & soon will be bringing in the 1/8th line
Old 04-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default contact tires

went to superior hobbies web site didnt see contact tires
Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

is Contact working on the issue of the tires splitting at the seams?

We have bought 20 sets of 8th scale foams and each single set was splitting.

Until this happens they are great tires, but once the split, they go cr@p.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stefan
is Contact working on the issue of the tires splitting at the seams?

We have bought 20 sets of 8th scale foams and each single set was splitting.

Until this happens they are great tires, but once the split, they go cr@p.
Hey Stefan, I've been running Contact tires for a while and I have never experience that issue. I have ran on a variety of different surfaces in 3 or 4 states in the U.S and never had an issue. Which style do you currently run (carbon, lite, standard)?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by walo
Hey Stefan, I've been running Contact tires for a while and I have never experience that issue. I have ran on a variety of different surfaces in 3 or 4 states and never had an issue. Which style do you currently run (carbon, lite, standard)?
Hi Walo,

the 20 sets were split up between 4 drivers for testing.
We've run them in Fiorano, IT and 3 different tracks in Germany on 3 different brands of cars and all had them splitting.

We are running the standard rims.

Cheers.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Walo,

the 20 sets were split up between 4 drivers for testing.
We've run them in Fiorano, IT and 3 different tracks in Germany on 3 different brands of cars and all had them splitting.

We are running the standard rims.

Cheers.
Okay, I also run the standard rim. Maybe you should try to contact Gmartinez or Kevin via Rctech, they have done alot of testing and had positive results. They can answer your questions best and help fix whatever issues you're experiencing during testing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.