Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ContactRC Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esckalayd
I am having a similar issue but not too bad. My NT1 rips through rear tires. I usually can get a practice and a qualifier before i have to debate if i should true another set. I would check your droop settings, camber, and toe on the front of the car. If you want a little more steering, increase camber slightly.
My issue is that NEW rear 42 arent surviving a 15min race so the least i could go is rear 40. I like getting out of corners aggresivly.

Shall i tame the clutch more?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What # diff oil are u using?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
My issue is that NEW rear 42 arent surviving a 15min race so the least i could go is rear 40. I like getting out of corners aggresivly.

Shall i tame the clutch more?
Maybe you can try to just change your first gear. It you are using a 54 for example, try a 53 or 52. This would calm the wheel spin and save tire wear.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
What # diff oil are u using?
70,000 rear and 120,000 front
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Maybe you can try to just change your first gear. It you are using a 54 for example, try a 53 or 52. This would calm the wheel spin and save tire wear.

DJ Apolaro
What about the second shall I leave it as is?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
What about the second shall I leave it as is?
Just change first, you are just trying to help the tire wear and changing second will not help that. Also this will keep the split from 1st to 2nd closer and help you mid range and the power will stay stronger when it shifts as well.

Also just to let everyone know, Contact took the TQ and Win this past weekend at the 6th round of the Florida State Series. We got rained out for the Finals and Sunday qual, so the Results were based off of the 3 rounds of qualifiers we ran on Saturday.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2012/03/contact...ds-in-testing/
Old 03-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Racers,

Just wanted to give you information from the test this past week with some of the Contact Team.

Contact Tires was at the Cassino Italy track to test and there were also about 50 other racers running from all around.

With the season about the start in Europe many teams are getting ready with all the rule changes. The major change is that many countries are now allowing the use of tire additives. With no experience in this area, Contact Tires wants to get data together for the events that are going to allow it.

The test was on a track that was prepared with spray. With the prepared track in 1/10 they found the Carbon wheels to be the most consistent and had the least amount of traction roll. The white rims wanted to traction roll easier in these condition. Keep in mind this is a flowing Euro style track and this can differ on a US style track that has more 180 type turns. They ended up being fastest with treated tires that were 40 fronts and 42 rears. Also this combo will be good for the summer months in higher heat conditions. The Carbon wheels have less flex and change less under hotter conditions. If you are running on a track that is not sprayed as good or has less natural traction than you can go with softer tires.

The 1/8 was found to be the fastest with light weight tires. However the cars were more stable and easier to drive with the carbons. With additives they found that again the harder shores where faster. With the sprayed track they used 35 fronts and 37 rears with the additives.

This test is based on 1 Euro style track and was made for testing additive versus not using additive to see where the benefits are. With over 50 drivers the traction was good as well.

For a track with a lot of 180 turn you may find that using a softer tire will be needed. Good luck with your own testing and hope this helps our Contact Tire customers.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Thumbnails ContactRC Tyres-contact-team-test-photo.jpg   ContactRC Tyres-dario-1-8.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hello DJ Apolaro,
thanks for your sharing but i disagree with that,
most countrys in europe DO NOT allow tire treatment and are cleary
against it, except italy.

following this "Anti Tire Treatment Group" on Facebook you can find a list of the national rules of tire-treatment from most countrys in europe.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/123080834481726/

Greetings
Old 03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

Just so we all understand. I did not mean for this forum to start issues on the topic of "Tire Sauce". I was simple trying to give info to those that want it. As far as there being many countries using sauce, I meant all over the world. Sorry for not being specific.

Also as a side not, I actually hate the sauce use, but "When in Rome"... Here in the US if you do not use sauce at the important events then there is a chance that others are and you will miss out on a better performance.

Sauce is also not a plus at every track here in the US. When I can get away without using it I am so happy. I hate having to deal with another preparation factor in this already complex sport.

That being said the information I posted is for those that want to know about the sauce testing that was done. Nothing more and nothing less. For those Regions that are able to control it, congrats. Here in the states there is no accurate way to monitor it. Here, it is up to ROAR to make this issue better and they have their hands full I am sure.

DJ
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

so thanks for your detailed informations
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Another 2012 Win for Contact

CONTACT TYRES WON FIRST RACE OF VERY COMPETITIVE ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP IN MIZAZZO.

AFTER SETTING NEW TRACK RECORD ON SATURDAY DARIO BALESTRI LEAD THE 45 MINUTES FINAL WITH HIS

KM/NOVAROSSI/CONTACT TYRES.
Attached Thumbnails ContactRC Tyres-dario.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Fresh Rubber

More fresh rubber was received yesterday and now in inventory!

Full season is right around the corner
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Europe Results May 12_13

EFRA GP 1/8 AIGEN – AUSTRIA: ROBERT PIETSCH TQ and WON the race with Michael Klausner 3th

PORTUGESE NATIONAL 1/8 – 1/10 : BRUNO COELHO TQ and WON booth classes 1/8 and 1/10

UK NATIONAL 1/8 – ADUR: KYLE BRNASON TQ problem for him when was leading the race. 2nd NEIL KING 3th ANDY NORTH

ITALY RACE TROPHY – PRATO: DARIO BALESTRI TQ with 10 secoinds on Francesco Tironi (WET FINAL)

All result and Pictures on CONTACT RC TYRES facebook page.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Releasing USA distribution

I want to officially announce that I will no longer be the USA distributor for Contact Tyres made by Schumacher, nor will I support their product.

I will release a more detail statement on the website in the next few days.

Kevin Hutchinson
kevcoracing.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.