Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Foam Tyres (All Makes) >

Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Old 04-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Hi

I thought I would post a thread where we could discuss the pro's and cons of all the different brands of tyres. There are discussions on different brands in the Mono Tuning Tyres thread but as mentioned this thread is for the promotion of that brand and not the comparison of different brands

After all a discussion forum should be used for discussions and what I want to know is what brand of tyres are people using and why? Saying that one is better than the other is just a personnal opinion but when 1000 people all say the same thing we can accept that this is, generaly, the case.

So I'll start the ball rolling.....

I have used Ellegi Technics, Jaco Nitro Shoes and Sato Seiki. Of these three I see the best performace from Sato Seiki. I will be trying Speedmaind and GQ (hard to get!) to see if these are any better.

Sato Seiki didnt chunk as much as the others. I see in other threads that there are mainly 2 different rubber compounds being used in tyres. Which brands use which??

Cheers
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

hi Z ,... got some Gq already?!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

I have a set to try out against Speedmind. I think they are the same rubber.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ziggy12345
I have a set to try out against Speedmind. I think they are the same rubber.
GQ rubber is different in my opinion. Speedmind rubber is the same as Sato Seiki / Mono Tuning.

Say anybody tried Yokomo foam tires before? I hear that they are one of the best wearing / grip tires around but expensive. Perhaps they are the same as the Zac / Kawahara Japanese foam?

They come with 35, 38 41 and 45 shore front (26 mm) and rear (30 mm).
Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have tried GRP tires with very good result but since a year a go i`m using Enneti with very good result. This is not a GRP brand, is a new factory with new owner since a couple of years. In touring car the last series with harder rims are very good. They have like a skin in the sidewall to prevent any chunk when you hit. The perfirmance is similar to any GRP tire with a little bit more steering. From my point of view and my driving style is the way to go. In 1/8 they are excellent. Top team drivers from many manufacturers are using this tires. For example, this are the tires that the Mugen France Team (JP Racing Team) is using
Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Many racers in my area are starting to use those Sato Seiki / Mono Tuning tires and are very pleased with the results on them. They have been using GRP tires before and seem that the Sato are having less wear and very good grip. I think what people are looking for out of a good tire is wear, grip and PRICE!! Some may also say durability might be a good reason for purchasing good tires so it all depends on what you are looking for.

I personally look for wear/grip and PRICE!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Paolo M
They have like a skin in the sidewall to prevent any chunk when you hit.
Paolo, I think that skin is the glue that some manufacturers put at the side wall.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Say anybody tried Yokomo foam tires before? I hear that they are one of the best wearing / grip tires around but expensive. Perhaps they are the same as the Zac / Kawahara Japanese foam?...

They come with 35, 38 41 and 45 shore front (26 mm) and rear (30 mm).
yes, i have tried D. great grip...i'd tried the rear 30mm only. the wear is also good...medium compares to fast tires. we do have them here but since its VERY expensive compares other makes...then its quite normal...only the 'tauke'(LHS owner) using it. expensive like more than RM15
Old 04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
yes, i have tried D. great grip...i'd tried the rear 30mm only. the wear is also good...medium compares to fast tires. we do have them here but since its VERY expensive compares other makes...then its quite normal...only the 'tauke'(LHS owner) using it. expensive like more than RM15
Yes, we find them expensive too. But apparently, they last very long as you can use harder shore whilst still being able to provide excellent grip.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, we find them expensive too. But apparently, they last very long as you can use harder shore whilst still being able to provide excellent grip.
yes i agree. i've used 42sh on a track suitable only for 40sh or 37sh(other brands). but i guess, i maybe using 710 with high roll center...
Old 04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
yes i agree. i've used 42sh on a track suitable only for 40sh or 37sh(other brands). but i guess, i maybe using 710 with high roll center...
42 shore? The Yokomo tires are rated in 35, 37, 41 and 45 shore.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

42 shore? The Yokomo tires are rated in 35, 37, 41 and 45 shore.
oopsss
must be the 45sh...i still remember its the hardest one i use.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Default GQ Tires

I have been using GQ Tires all season, they are very good! Great wear, great grip fair price and they dont seem to peel off the rim or chunk like some others! The shore readings seem to be very close to what they say they are too!

Get a hold of Duane at [email protected] he can give you the info on a dealer in the U.K.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Dealers in the UK do sell GQ tyres. £14.99 per pair = $26.00!!!!!!!

So you see why we dont buy them here.

I want to try GQ but cant find them for an acceptable price....$8-9

Guys that do use them say they are great. The rubber does look different to Sato Seiki and Ellegi
Old 04-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Twister

Has anyone tried out Twister tires?
Are they any good?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.