Wiki Posts
Search

Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default JACO

I second that!!!!! JACO has ALL your needs as far as foam is concerned!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

HI there...

Anybody knows where can I find the Kawahara Zac Tires for sale?

thanks in advance,
Old 09-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Great News

I just got word that RCTexas.com is selling GQ sedan foams for $8.99 a pair!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys,

What's the difference between carpet and asphalt foams
Old 09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Great News

Originally posted by Slotmachine
I just got word that RCTexas.com is selling GQ sedan foams for $8.99 a pair!
I JUST ORDERED SOME TODAY.....CHOCO
Old 09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

I like running zac tires and have a hobby shop nearby that sells the 2front3rear boxes for 5000 japanese yen. But i am really interested in trying some dish rims..... can anyone recomend a good tire that uses dish style rims? thanks
Old 09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

I know the fast ones have also on a dish rims(Zero offset) and the Orions...
But I would definetly not give up the zac ones.... best tyres I've always used...
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Great News

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
I JUST ORDERED SOME TODAY.....CHOCO

If anyone has any problems geting ahold of WWW.RCTexas.com p/m me and I will call Duane and inform him of the problem
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They are currently out of wheels with 2mm offset in any one is need of them.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some of these brands, I find difficult to locate. Does anyone know where to find the "Team Orion fresh kicks" foam tires??? If, so, any place in the U.S.??? I'm stumped!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Barry Baker
3 words.......

JACO NITRO SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said!
I totally agree. If you want brilliant performance over a run these are definately not to be overlook. But unless you receive some form of sponsorship like we do I dont think these are completely viable for the average racer who keep us in a job. They have excellent grip but the wear rate is just too high compared to some of the other brands that are around the same price or maybe slightly cheaper in some parts of the world.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
[ They have excellent grip but the wear rate is just too high compared to some of the other brands that are around the same price or maybe slightly cheaper in some parts of the world. [/B]
I'm afraid I have to disagree (respectfully). At the same actual shore rating I don't think the JACO tire wear is any higher. I heard the same thing but when I measured the actual shore the "other" brands were in fact harder, but with the same shore rating on the label. That may be why some guys running some of the other brands have to run "softer" tires to hook up.

At the Nationals many people running JACO's were running 42's with very little tire wear. I will admit the bite was on the high side, but the softest most of us run JACO's is 40 on most tracks.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ted Flack
I'm afraid I have to disagree (respectfully). At the same actual shore rating I don't think the JACO tire wear is any higher. I heard the same thing but when I measured the actual shore the "other" brands were in fact harder, but with the same shore rating on the label. That may be why some guys running some of the other brands have to run "softer" tires to hook up.

At the Nationals many people running JACO's were running 42's with very little tire wear. I will admit the bite was on the high side, but the softest most of us run JACO's is 40 on most tracks.
Point taken. I understand what you are saying and should have clarified myself more. I agree with what you are saying. Jaco do tend to be more properly matched with all the tires including what the average racer can purchase.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case with other brands (keeping there best matched sets for the top sponsored drivers) like you have pointed out. I was making my statement from testing several brands using well matched foams.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default GQ`s

I ran 42 shore Gq`s at the nats. I run 37`s in parking lots.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is interesting because most of the people I talk to say JACO's last LONGER than their current brand. It all comes down to your setup on a given day, track conditions, and the lot number on the particular batch of rubber. We see slight variations from batch to batch in terms of consistency and cell structure, but we must take what we get from the manufacturer. Be careful of anyone who claims brand x is head and shoulders above brand y. It is probably B.S. and their credibility is suspect. I personally select every sheet of rubber that goes in to every JACO tire as I have for the last 14 years. I don't claim to know everything, but I've been around the block a few times. I know the manufacturers of the rubber by their first names and they have visited my house and met my family. We do not sell tires made in Italy, Taiwan, or China and then imported here. We make the tires here, in the US from the best Japanese rubber we can buy. In the end, we must supply a consistent product that is well constructed at a fair price. We do our best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.