Wiki Posts
Search

OS CV-R .12 Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default OS CV-R .12 Question

What flywheels would fit an OS CV-R .12? Im Running an HPI RS4 and My Flywheel doesnt seem to fit and it doest even have a collet on the shaft. When I use the Flywheel Spacer, The Tip of the shaft woulnd even go above the surface of the flywheel for me to put an Nut on it

Im kinda new to this Nitro thing, I used to drive electric cars
Attached Thumbnails OS CV-R .12 Question-picture-1.jpg   OS CV-R .12 Question-picture-3.jpg   OS CV-R .12 Question-picture-4.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by falmaxd
What flywheels would fit an OS CV-R .12? Im Running an HPI RS4 and My Flywheel doesnt seem to fit and it doest even have a collet on the shaft. When I use the Flywheel Spacer, The Tip of the shaft woulnd even go above the surface of the flywheel for me to put an Nut on it

Im kinda new to this Nitro thing, I used to drive electric cars
Mate the hpi flywheel is made to fit the hpi engine ,you will need to buy an aftermarket flywheel and nut from your local hobby shop.hpi have a range of hop up flywheels ,try there website first.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

I have tried to Search tower Hobbies for that aftermarket flywheel, but all I ended up with is a Flywheel for the Savage Truck, I dont even know if that fits? Would the Hot bodies flywheel fit?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ballistik Mods
Mate the hpi flywheel is made to fit the hpi engine ,you will need to buy an aftermarket flywheel and nut from your local hobby shop.hpi have a range of hop up flywheels ,try there website first.
Like the above guy quoted, the hpi flywheel fits perfect on an OS engine if you use a hpi collet. I have never had an issue with mating a hpi flywheel to an OS. I have some new and used ones available if you really need one. Just need to know what hpi car it is going on and whether or not you are mating this to a pullstart or non-pullstart engine (yes, the flywheels are different sizes for ps or non-ps use). Also, need to know what OS engine your are mating this flywheel up to.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Im using an OS CV-R(S) as a motor and an RS4 for the car. and its a non Pull Start