R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Starter box setup??

I just got an OFNA starter box for my R40 and I don't know how to set it up correctly. It is used so there are no instructions. How do I know where to put the alignment pegs. How is the car supposed to sit?? I am new so any help would be great!

malibulsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via ICQ to wdm80

Hi Brandon,

Unless a starter box is made specifically for a car, there is no set way to set it up.

The first thing to do is put the car on the box so that the flywheel is exactly over the peak of the rubber spinning wheel - ensure that the flywheel as close to parallel with the rubber wheel as possible. Then you can try and trace out teh shape of the chassis onto the starter box. You can use that outline to figure out where to put the pegs. Usually having two pegs at the front, and two at teh back works well. I don't know the R40 chassis, so I can't say specifically where to put the pegs.

Hope that helps,

wdm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Wdm80 pretty much said it about the allignment. On the Engagement part the most important thing is making sure that the starter wheel begins to spin well before the flywheel makes contact ( floating). You want the starter wheel to gain momentum before the flywheel bumps against it. Otherwise you'll just bog down the motor which will drain the battery.

good luck....
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote