i owned both shaft and belt cars.
shaft to me
1) easier to do maintenance and cleaning.
2) as been said... no problemto run the car where theres a lot of stone.....
3) more durable... not easy to break. i mean the shaft... not other parts.
4) more responsive in terms of PUNCH... from STILL to SPEED. Good for SHORT track (i guess)
belt to me
1) good for long tracks.
2) quiter.... i mean no metal scrapping sound from the shaft and inside of gearbox if you turn off your engine sound. hehehehe...
actually.... totally depend on you.... the person behind the transmitter.
i dont believe the formula of
"Belt driven cars + quality engine and good drivin skills = a really fast car and a national champion"...
becoz SHAFT DRIVEN and BELT DRIVEN cars both have won CHAMPIONSHIPS and also BOTH have FAST CARs....
depend on the person behind the TX.