Wiki Posts
Search

which car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default which car?

my son and i looking to try out onroad, we currently run offroad. which is a better car the hpi r40 or the reflex nt?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Car kits

Originally Posted by slkosa
my son and i looking to try out onroad, we currently run offroad. which is a better car the hpi r40 or the reflex nt?
Serpent 733
X-Ray Nt1
Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2
TeamMagic G4RS 09
Capricorn LAB01
Shep V10

These will be the top cars of choice you have to see if the parts are easy to get in your area, also what kit is in your budget.Also i would check some onroad racing to get a feel of whats going on in the onroad world.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

You have the option of the Xray NT1R...
A cheaper version of the NT1 but same performance...
Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another good choice would be the Mugen MTX-4R. It is a solid car that can take a beating and they are really cheap right now. I've seen a lot of full blown race kits w/ engine, servos, and parts for around $400.00.

Good Luck,
Carlos
Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Or you can pick up a NTC3 really cheap. There are still tons of places to get spare parts and it is an easy car to work on and tune for beginners. It was the sh@# back in the day.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

im not trying to be a d!ck but i asked a specific question regaurding 2 cars, not a general question asking what car everyone thought would be good. please at least read the question
Old 03-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, well then let ME state the following:

We dont know your situation.

Do you have the option currently to get either one of these? Reflex is better IMHO.

Both cars are older and part availability can be tought at times at least for the reflex ( I own one ).

HPI doesn't make the r40 anymore so parts may be an issue.

With that said....... Since you didn't care for the answers you received.....

USE GOOGLE THEN!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

dont take it personally, its not that i didnt care for the answers that were given, the just had nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DK9mm
Wow, well then let ME state the following:

We dont know your situation.

Do you have the option currently to get either one of these? Reflex is better IMHO.

Both cars are older and part availability can be tought at times at least for the reflex ( I own one ).

HPI doesn't make the r40 anymore so parts may be an issue.

With that said....... Since you didn't care for the answers you received.....

USE GOOGLE THEN!
lol, he said he wasnt tryna be a jerk about it
Old 03-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

dont take it personally, its not that i didnt care for the answers that were given, the just had nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Don't take it personally but the cars you are trying to compare are way obsolete. Most of the newer chassis are just simply better than those two.

Honestly I think a Mugen MTX-4 and even the MTX-3 are better options than the R40 and Reflex.

This is just my 2 cents, but you've come to the right place and are asking the right questions.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

G4rs 09 great car at a great price 345.00
Old 03-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carlos
Don't take it personally but the cars you are trying to compare are way obsolete. Most of the newer chassis are just simply better than those two.

Honestly I think a Mugen MTX-4 and even the MTX-3 are better options than the R40 and Reflex.

This is just my 2 cents, but you've come to the right place and are asking the right questions.
+1

The Reflex NT is so old that it was good when the VoneR first came out and that was years ago. It could complete in a regular parking lot track, but as said parts is a problem. All the newer cars listed are better options. Determine your budget and how often you plan to race as well as local parts availability. Then you will have an easier time choosing a kit.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
+1

The Reflex NT is so old that it was good when the VoneR first came out and that was years ago. It could complete in a regular parking lot track, but as said parts is a problem. All the newer cars listed are better options. Determine your budget and how often you plan to race as well as local parts availability. Then you will have an easier time choosing a kit.
Agreed 100%

However, I was presented a deal for a Reflex NT with a PICCO JL red dot just broken in for $100 shipped!

I also picked up LOTS of spare parts, clutches, belts arms, knuckels, etc etc for $135!

I have enough spare parts to last a LONG time. I know the car is old but it runs great and will keep up with the other cars at the track.

My .02
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

the guys are right, those cars you have chosin are old and would be hard to find parts for them. you should go with somwthing newer and get maybe a serpent, mugen, kyosho etc.