Blitz Audi RS4 200mm Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Blitz Audi RS4 200mm Body

Top3 Driver and TQ all choose BLTIZ RS4 racing bodyshell

A-Main Final result
1/ Adrien Bertin - Kyosho VoneRRR / Team Orion Alpha .12 / Matrix tyres / Blitz RS4
2/ Nicolas Bougnoteau - Capricorn LAB-C01 / Team Orion Alpha .12 / MAtrix tyres / Blitz RS4
3/ Thomas Desmaries - Velox V10 / JP Gimar Mig .12 / Kronos tyres / Blitz RS4
4/ J廨獽e Renaux - X-Ray NT1 / Novarossi Flash .12 Tuned / Kronos tyres / Blitz RS4
5/ Jacky Mouton - Serpent 733 / Novarossi Flash .12 Tuned / Kronos tyres / Blitz RS4
6/ Basile Concialdi - Capricorn LAB-C01 / Team Orion Alpha .12 / Matrix tyres / Blitz RS4
7/ Thomas Guillon - X-Ray NT1 / RB RC10 / Speedline tyres / Blitz RS4
8/ Anthony Bruyer - X-Ray NT1 / RB RC10 / Speedline tyres / Protoform Stratus 3.1
9/ Arnaud Chaussard - X-Ray NT1 / RB RC10 / speedline tyres / Blitz RS4 body
10/ Thomas Eytard - X-Ray NT1 / Novarossi Flash .12 Tuned / Kronos tyres / Blitz RS4

Winner Adrien Bertin 's RRR with RS4 body.

Has already TQ and won a race with 9/10 drivers using this body. Anyone have any feedback and can compare it with other bodies on the market? If it drives like a charm, it might be the body to use due to its low cost. You can probably buy two Blitz bodies for each Xceed Body you buy.

Last edited by Riketsu; 03-17-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I have this shell ready to be painted as well as the also new ISF from blitz, will test the 2 back to back and compare to the altis next week.

Blitz are doing a good job at the moment, with a fast pace and low costs.

Luke
Old 04-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Just to let you know that the RS4 and ISF will arrive at the beginning of May
Old 04-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

I read a comparison of Blitz bodies in 3hobby.net Here is what "Edam Racer" wrote:

Did testing of all three bodyshells today. At the Adur track these were the quickest times for each shell...

Altis : 17.4

ISF : 17.2

Audi : 16.9

Track grip wasn't at its best, but all 3 shells were compared with same setup all within 10mins, so track conditions would be consistent.

In general the ISF gives the most steering, I mean it gives a huge amount of steering, it makes the Altis seem like it has no front grip at all. The Audi was the balance between the 2, also being extremely easy to drive. And the Altis just understeers compared to the other 2. All 3 shell were very quick although Audi proved to be quickest.

At the end of the day my car was going round beautifully and I am really happy with it, I now can't wait till my 1st round of nationals, especially as now I have a better car than last year.

Luke
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by musti72
I read a comparison of Blitz bodies in 3hobby.net Here is what "Edam Racer" wrote:

I also tested back-to-back the Audi RS4 vs the Altis 2.3...

The Altis had a little more or even the same steering as the Audi RS4... But the stability and traction that the RS4 was just perfect for my driving style.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Do me a favor guys and let me know if you have problems with the paint sticking to this body.
We have tried Fascolor and Tamiya spray cans and nothing really adheres to this kind of Lexan.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Do me a favor guys and let me know if you have problems with the paint sticking to this body.
We have tried Fascolor and Tamiya spray cans and nothing really adheres to this kind of Lexan.
No problems here. Be sure to wash it thoroughly.

After applying Faskolor, use a Enamel Clear Coat to seal it.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stefan
I had problems with paint also, sprayed all 1 colour and by the end of a meeting half the bonnet was see through, this could be because i crashed alot, or that when I painted it it was cold.

Never had this problem before.

Luke
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edam Racer
I had problems with paint also, sprayed all 1 colour and by the end of a meeting half the bonnet was see through, this could be because i crashed alot, or that when I painted it it was cold.

Never had this problem before.

Luke
Thats weird... I really crash alot too, and my paint hasnt scrapped off.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i wish blitz make bodies for the dm-1 spec
Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My paint did chip a little too but I did a quick one color paint job so I would guess it was my fault in this case.

But I tested the body under different race conditions and the body steers as much as the Altis but is more stable. Especially in the fast sections. The RS4 and the Chevy will probably the bodies of choice for me going forward.

Gael
Old 04-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bodies needs to be washed thoroughly with soap and water, bodies have mold release agent (silicone oil base are hard to come off unless thoroughly scrubbed) when pulled, that is to prevent the lexan from being stuck on the mold, I would scuff the inside with scotch brite which will help the paint stick better too.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This brand name body had this issue very long time !
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

We Love this brand Long time.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Dear all,

I am Nico from Asia Racing Team - France (French exclusive distributor for Team titan and Blitz) and the new RS4 body became the reference in only two nationals...the car has more stability on the rear with same (even more) steering. It radically gets the car easier and more efficient. Everyone was very impressed by the body compared to any other one (Protoform Stratus 3.1, R5-N, Audi A5...). Team titan/Blitz made a very good job on this bodyshell and you can go with RS4 for very good performances.

Concerning loosing painting, not any problem if you have some policy for painting: wash bodyshell before painting, well shaking painting and don't painit in wet weather or cold one. No more issue !

For availability of the body and good pricing, you can check there: Blitz RS4 at Asia Racing Team

Cheers all,

Nico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.