Wiki Posts
Search

help !about mugen 1:8 on-road brake pad

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default help !about mugen 1:8 on-road brake pad

I bought a mugen mrx4 few days ago.When assemblng it ,I find brake pad is so tight that the car can't move at all.Please tell me how to deal with it ?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Screws hold it on, loosen them.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-26-2007, 11:19 AM
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default re all

I learn serpent 960'manual ,it says roughen the metal plate with sandpaper before guling.Must I roughen mugen's before assembling?help me
Old 05-26-2007, 11:21 AM
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default re you

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
no screws,how to lossen!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default brake

Make sure the rear pulley is not to far to the brake side.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

I understand that there is a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads. If you glue it wrong it will cause serious binding.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

havent seen the instructions, but what Artificial-I said is a good starting point.

Originally Posted by Artificial-I

Last edited by Ghett0; 05-26-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyl
I bought a mugen mrx4 few days ago.When assemblng it ,I find brake pad is so tight that the car can't move at all.Please tell me how to deal with it ?
three things you need to check:
1) The pin that hold the metal and pad has to be free of glue residue and that the pads are not upside down meaning the top and bottom of the pad matches with the shape of the metal. if it is the pads itself will bind on that pin and it will be tight, it will be harder for it to slide.
2) make sure that the disc is seated straight on the three prong attached to the pulley. in time it will loosen up but for now check by rotating the shaft or rear wheel .look at it while rotating and you will see if you have a bind. if you have one try to move it around by a screwdriver against the pulley and twist gently until it is smooth.
3) please make sure that your brake post is not reversed. I meant that the flat side is facing the metal of the pads. good luck!!!! enjoy...

Check your instruction and you will see and understand what I am saying
Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 AM
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default re all

"a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads" I know .But I carefully read the manual,I don't find any mistakes!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 AM
RR
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hyl
"a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads" I know .But I carefully read the manual,I don't find any mistakes!!!
HI

jus wondering, did you sand down your brake pads?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyl
there is a mistake either you got the wrong parts(it happens or put together error) otherwise you would not be asking for help. the 3 things I ask you to check is the only moving parts that could go wrong, there are no other associated with the brake...good luck I hope you find your answer..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
three things you need to check:
1) The pin that hold the metal and pad has to be free of glue residue and that the pads are not upside down meaning the top and bottom of the pad matches with the shape of the metal. if it is the pads itself will bind on that pin and it will be tight, it will be harder for it to slide.
2) make sure that the disc is seated straight on the three prong attached to the pulley. in time it will loosen up but for now check by rotating the shaft or rear wheel .look at it while rotating and you will see if you have a bind. if you have one try to move it around by a screwdriver against the pulley and twist gently until it is smooth.
3) please make sure that your brake post is not reversed. I meant that the flat side is facing the metal of the pads. good luck!!!! enjoy...

Check your instruction and you will see and understand what I am saying
In addition to the above post:

4. There is a top and a bottom for the brake plates. If this isn't correct, the brake plates will bind.
5. Make sure the holes in the brake plate/pad assembly are free from glue. I open up these holes so they slide easily on the pins.
6. Most likely you have used too much glue to adhere the pads to the plates. There is only so much room between the brake post and the stops. Sand down the pad material until each pad/plate is approximately 2.1 mm and make sure they are flat and parallel.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:57 AM
kmh
Tech Addict

Seems like everyone is pointing you in the right direction. The issue with the pads having a top and bottom is something to check, I know because I have assembled the rear end on my MRX4 many times. I would not sand the pads to much after assembly because if you run the car you want the pads to seat properly. The pads should only slightly touch the disc with some play until engaged. Sounds like you need to check your rear end/brake assembling.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmh
Seems like everyone is pointing you in the right direction. The issue with the pads having a top and bottom is something to check, I know because I have assembled the rear end on my MRX4 many times. I would not sand the pads to much after assembly because if you run the car you want the pads to seat properly. The pads should only slightly touch the disc with some play until engaged. Sounds like you need to check your rear end/brake assembling.
Check the date on this thread... 3 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.