Originally Posted by Drillbit
I am new to competitive on road racing. I have recently been going my lhs and entering the saturday races. Now that I have some experience i am ready to start dialing in my cars suspension but my question is were do I start? My car has a pretty good feel on the track but I am having some off power steering issues and it just needs that final touch. What changes do I make first? Caster, Camber, Toe, Roll center ? I have a xray setup manual that tells me what affects my changes will have to the car but not were to start. Any info would help thanks.
To start, anytime you run your car and are determining what to do with your set-up ask yourself these questions.
1. What is the car doing in the initial second that I turn the steering?
2. What does the car do entering the corner?
3. What does the car do exiting the corner?
4. How far into the corner am I using the brakes?
5. How soon do I get on throttle and how fast?
6. What does the car do throughout the corner - entering until exit?
These questions will help you determine where to change your set-up or driving style.
Order of Adjustment
Hope this hepls